1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TCF will be undergoing a scheduled software and server upgrade on September 26, 2019 beginning at 9:00AM GMT. TCF may be unavailable for an extended period after this time. More information can be found here. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause, we will try to keep the downtime short.

tModLoader Calamity Mod

Discussion in 'Released' started by MountainDrew, May 27, 2016.

?

What would you like me to create more of?

1. NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

836 vote(s)
    21.0%
  2. Bosses

1,518 vote(s)
    38.2%
  3. Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

1,080 vote(s)
    27.2%
  4. Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

297 vote(s)
    7.5%
  5. Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

244 vote(s)
    6.1%
  1. Phupperbat

Phupperbat Terrarian

Here's the image that Fabsol meant to send. "Wet World" spoiler
    [​IMG]

2. IDGCaptainRussia

IDGCaptainRussia Skeletron

Fabsol, please don't pull a Dan, It sounds like there's some server issues atm and it's nothing personal against Calamity.
    That's quite a rash choice from what is likely only a minor technical hiccup.
    Do you really think the mods would be that brash and unjust? I mean I've seen nothing but professionalism from them almost all the time, I don't think they'd do that.

I mean, it could be worse... The server hosts' data could get corrupted and every post from 3 months ago was lost (Yeah, that happened to a site called Mugen Free For All, it wasn't pleasant for anyone)

MountainDrew and Cyrille like this.
  3. kirito12112005

kirito12112005 Terrarian

dear creators of calamity mod, you can create a highlight in this fashion, different from all the class, well, for example Satanist

4. royalguardian11

royalguardian11 Terrarian

So I decided to get back into calamity after several months of not having played it. But as soon as I enable it, I get an error: "system out of memory exception". I apologize if this has already been answered and if I am being a complete forehead, but I would really appreciate some help :)

5. Unit One

Unit One Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Hi @MountainDrew, right now uploading files to the site is broken (you can read more HERE), but there are two workarounds. 1. For an image, you can copy it, then paste it in the body of a post. 2. For files (including images) you can upload them to an external site (imgur, etc) then link to them here. For an image you can embed them by [img]imageurl.jpg[/img]

6. MountainDrew

MountainDrew The Destroyer

You also need to understand how much we're trying to rush to get this release out on the 5th. We're trying to program, sprite, and test everything in a timely manner so that we can release on time and without issues. What happened last night made me snap a little bit and I wasn't about to deal with it so I just went to bed.

Also, don't talk about in-dev work if you're not in-dev as you are speaking from a point of ignorance. I merely asked if somebody else could post the image, if you think that's "pulling a Dan" then you are so wrong.

Thank you for explaining, I appreciate it.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
    IDGCaptainRussia likes this.
  7. IDGCaptainRussia

IDGCaptainRussia Skeletron

A: Understandable, I should have expected this is handled on professional regular updates and keeping the "ever content hungry fans" happy is not an easy feat.
    B: I think you handled the situation the best way you could have by just putting it aside for one evening and letting a response come after some sleep. It happens to everyone at their worst, I was trying to give you that reasonable response to help calm down.
    C: That's not what I meant when I said that, I mean "Rage quiting for poor reasons", something he's threatened to do at times on his mod. Thank you for calming down.

Bubby Aurora and MountainDrew like this.
  8. Bubby Aurora

Bubby Aurora The Destroyer

I really like this mod, but I can't get it due to being a console player. Rest in peace.

Anyway, I've been wanting to draw concept art for a mod. Are concept art applications open?

9. Flamingo

Flamingo Terrarian

It's a known issue. The mod devs have no plan to resolve it as far as things are being discussed.

Basically, there's so much nonsense in the Calamity mod that you wind up with memory problems during world gen. This began happening largely after the Planetoids update, which expanded the sky layer to add dirt and ores to the sky, in case there wasn't enough of that on the ground.

10. SaiyanKirby

SaiyanKirby Terrarian

No, the next update removes the world height increase specifically because of the issues it causes.

ARTEZUI likes this.
  11. Jordington

Jordington Terrarian

This is literally my favorite mod for Terraria. I don't know what's wrong but mana overloader healing only happens the 1st time you log onto a world and use magic under the mana limit needed to activate the healing, then it will not heal again. This also seems to affect other things such as the base game Spectre armor and any other mod that uses Spectre armor-type healing.

I have tested with other mods (spectre enchantment via Fargo's mod does not work), without any mods (spectre armor via base game without calamity enabled indeed works) and I've tested with only Calamity (mana overloader via this mod with 0 mana and a nimbus cloud does not work also to be clear I tested the spectre amor with the mod and it doesn't work)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  12. LinkSans2000

LinkSans2000 Golem

This is a question I’ve wanted to ask for a while now:

Is Yharon pronounced yar-on or yair-in

13. Shucky boye

Shucky boye Terrarian

Yaaaah thats hot.... Thats hot
    No but really i love the ambience on that

14. Phupperbat

Phupperbat Terrarian

Update tomorrow lads.

LinkSans2000 likes this.
  15. Shucky boye

Shucky boye Terrarian

Hype train where ya at!?

16. Cocoa_

Cocoa_ Terrarian

Hello, just coming to report a Calamity bug.
    When using Asgard's valor, dashing into an enemy with a large hitbox can remove your invulnerability frames if you've just taken damage from that enemy. I've had this happen several times with 4 bosses:
    1) While the siren is charging me in the Siren/Leviathan fight, if I dash to try to get away after she has hit me and is on top of me, my invuln frames disappear and I take ~100 damage rapidly 3-4 times, often killing me.
    2) While the leviathan is charging me, the same thing as in 1) happens.
    3) When fighting the great sand shark, I went from 600 health to dead because when it leaped on top of me,I dashed with asgard's valor to get away. While still in contact with his large hitbox, my invuln frames were gone and I got hit multiple times for 100 damage until I died in a couple of milliseconds.
    4) The same as 1),2), and 3), but trying to dodge away from Duke Fisheron after being dashed onto.

Thanks! The accessory is really cool and I'd hate to have to not use it because of this bug.

ARTEZUI likes this.
  17. DestroyerOfTheDestroyer

DestroyerOfTheDestroyer The Destroyer

Originally, the enabling factor for phase two was having the Dark Sun Ring equipped, which needed Darksun Fragments. However, that factor was removed and the ring nerfed to hell and back. Tbh, Post-Yharon eclipse could use more enemies. Maybe an Alien from the Aliens franchise? Just fighting moths gets boring, I wanna fight a Xenomorph!

18. MountainDrew

Be sure to tell anybody having issues loading old worlds with the new update this:

WARNING: The 1.4.2.001 update will not allow you to load large worlds generated before it, this is due to the removal of the world height expansion. In order to fix this problem you must follow the directions below:

1 - Exit the game
    2 - Reopen the game
    3 - Install Large World Enabler https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/large-world-enabler.47751/
    4 - Make sure 1.4.2.001 and Large World Enabler are enabled and your mods are reloaded
    5 - Load an old large world and make sure it's working

If you are creating new worlds you do not need Large World Enabler.

The update will be out tonight, this is a major precaution to anyone downloading it.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  19. MountainDrew

It's out

20. blaze025XD

blaze025XD Terrarian

I have some things to say about this update
    First I absolutely love this mod, but this update was bad, I'm not talking about the content because I couldn't see it(but watching It in images looks cool), andand tha why I'm writing this
    First error: THE MAIN CHARACTER, when I enter the player selection my most OP character(That character has S. Cal gear)with the complete boss checklist of a all of moded bosses of calamity, thorium, spirit, tremor, forgotten and enigma isn't seen with the vanity armor and accessories she had, the icon is the guide and he has 100 HP and 0 MP and I can't select her. when I deactivate calamity mod the character is visible (and has the good amount of health and mana) with the vanity items that she had(Lunatic cultist robes), but obviously without the calamity accesories like the Celestial Tracers' wings or the Asgardian Aegis
    Second error: THE CRASHES, when i'm playing with the character I made the last week 10 minutes before entering the world it crashes without saving, the only things saved are the ones that I have in my inventory and the bosses I defeat are not counted in the checkilst, and fitted to this error when I close and save a world it crashes too.
    Third error:THE MAP, I entered now at 20:00 and the map on my new world was reseted.
    Fourth error: THE CHESTS, The mayority of weapons of the hardmode dissapeared and when I enter a chest there's only one or four slots with a weapon, and underneath the chest inventory there are words like the ones in crashes.
    Fifth error:SYSTEM.OUT.OF.MEMORY
    `:sigh:
    Please solve this or make another time a downloader for the 1.4.1

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019