• Journey's End on PC - Find info here and here. Please report bugs and issues for PC 1.4 and 1.4.1 to Re-Logic here.
  • Journey's End on Mobile - Find info here. Report bugs for Mobile 1.4 to DR Studios at this link and give as much detail as possible.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Console and Switch - The latest news can be found here. To report a bug, please use this link.

tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,045 20.2%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,068 40.0%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,358 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 378 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 324 6.3%

• Total voters

Crimson Cloud

Skeletron
I have an idea for a shadow spec accessory for calamity, the Eye of All Thunder. It will summon the lightning goddess, Dealitea to attack the player's enemies. The lightning goddess has these attacks that she will cycle through:

1. Thunderbolt hurl: Throw 10 splitting thunderbolts at enemies that will home in onto enemies. 10,000 damage per thunderbolt, 2,000 per split bolt.

2. Absolute lightning strike: Fire massive lightning at the nearest enemy that forks out and pierces infinitely, she cannot change direction while firing the beam. 30,000 damage for the massive lightning.

3. Lightning portals: Charge up and summon two lightning portals around herself that fire swarms of homing thunderbolts at enemies, she will stop attacking for 3 seconds after using this attack. 1,500 damage per homing thunderbolt.

4. Hyper smite: Rapidly summon lightning strikes onto nearby enemies that each split into 3 homing bolts. 10,000 damage per strike and summons 20 strikes, 2,000 damage per split bolt.

5. Virtute fulgoribus, quae portentis: Charge up for eight seconds and then summon a massive lightning outburst from herself that fires out many massive lightnings and a huge swarm of splitting thunderbolts and summons a large lightning aura around herself that ignores immunity frames and lasts for 4 seconds. 450,000 damage altogether and the lightning aura deals 10,000 damage per tick.

6. Thunder charge: Charges rapidly at enemies and when hitting an enemy, create a lightning burst. 15,000 damage per dash and 10,000 per burst.

7. Hypershock array: Charges up for five seconds and then unleashes a ring of twelve cackling lightning orbs that constantly shock nearby enemies with lightning streams (Imagine a stream of cackling electricity between the orb and the enemy) that ignore immunity frames, the orbs themselves pierce infinitely. 15,000 damage per orb and the lightning will deal 1,000 damage a tick as long as an orb is in range of an enemy, more orbs nearby enemies equal much more damage. (This attack is based on the shock array alpha strike from the mobile game phoenix HD which is my favorite alpha strike)

The accessory also boosts summon and magic damage by 30% and adds 5 summon spaces.
It is made using three hearts of the elements, one eye of the storm, 50 tesla potions, one Yharim's gift, one venerated locket, one of the elemental accessories(Such as the Nucleogenesis),10 auric tesla bars, 10 cosmilite bars, 20 ascended spirit essence, 10 Yharon soul fragments, 30 calamitous essence and 30 shadow spec bars.
Maybe add a rock in the crafting also or something because it would make boss rush almost way too easy

So umm, for some reason I can't use the celestial sigil to summon moon lord even with all the requirements. I think it's calamity, but I'm not sure. Suggestions?

Amaya

Terrarian
Hey. I'm not sure if this is the right place to report bugs, but I looked and didn't find anything, so: here I go.

My Abyss generated without water. The only place that has water is the void-like area above the Boss Rush summoning item. I entered the world with two characters: my Calamity character, and a brand spankin' new one. I have no clue what's going on, so I'll just give you the raw data. Attached to this message are many files. I will name them in order of their appearance here: the new world while my character was in it, that character's file while it was in the newly generated world, that world after saving, the Calamity character after saving, the world with the new character in it, the new character while in the world, the world after saving, that character after saving, and the most recent save of my Calamity world. By the time that I used the new character, the Abyss was filling rapidly, the top being at 246' Caverns before the water just... stopped falling. Next, I generated an entirely new world. The Abyss was okay, but I was still inflicted with Brimstone Flames. I'll talk about that next.

The new character did not have the debuff, which is a relief.

The reason why I generated this extra world is to get Blood Orbs for potion crafting because blood orbs are exceedingly rare at my point in the progression (or so it seems). The Brewer from Alchemist NPCLite doesn't sell some of the necessary potions to craft Unlimited Buffs (from LuiAFK). This brings me to another issue. In my main world, at some point in the progression, I started taking 1 point of damage at regular intervals (like I was burning or something). This was okay because I have LuiAFK, and with the unlimited buffs from it, I can outheal the damage. On this new world, I am inflicted with Brimstone Flames and require godmode to stay alive. I have no idea why. I took of all equipables. Nothing. I created a new inventory page. Still nothing.

The following link take you to my Mods folder. Mods - Google Drive

As a last resort, the following link will take you to my entire Terraria file. Terraria - Google Drive

Attachments

Last edited:

Mojomuster

Terrarian
I didn't look at the entire forum, but I think I encountered a bug(hoping this is the place to put it), I was screwing around doing the lunar events and I accidentally summoned the perforator, I killed it with the elemental disk(rogue type) and split the second worm before killing the perforator hive, but all the boss bars for the perforator(s) stayed there and didn't go away, and started displaying the names of other creatures. I added a pic. don't mind the bug, kind of funny actually, but posting just to let pple know

Attachments

Crimson Cloud

Skeletron
I didn't look at the entire forum, but I think I encountered a bug(hoping this is the place to put it), I was screwing around doing the lunar events and I accidentally summoned the perforator, I killed it with the elemental disk(rogue type) and split the second worm before killing the perforator hive, but all the boss bars for the perforator(s) stayed there and didn't go away, and started displaying the names of other creatures. I added a pic. don't mind the bug, kind of funny actually, but posting just to let pple know
I think the best place to report bugs is on the Calamity Mod discord

YoshibombTRA

Terrarian
I have no money, so I can’t donate, but if I could ad an item to this mod via patreon, here’s my idea.
The Finishing Touch:
Classless Weapon
Available in late hardmode
This weapon can only be used on a boss below 5% health (might change later), and does not work against Yharon, Scal, and any bosses in the future that are past them in progression.
When used, it acts like a final smash in a way. It has an activation box similar to the murasama. when it hits a boss below 5% health, the boss is locked in place and the player floats up to them, with immunity frames. It plays a random meme noise (“I like ya cut g”, “So long gay bowser”, “Bababooey”, “Doriyah”), and then slaps the boss with an extremely loud slap noise (volume can be toggled with it’s own setting).

This is an instant kill weapon, but as mentioned it only works on bosses at really low health. If you want to challenge yourself, you don’t need to use it. It is crafted using the slap hand and some other hardmode items that I have yet think of. More meme sounds coming soon.

If you have any suggestions on rebalancing let me know. This is an experimental weapon and I’m still thinking about ideas for it. It is supposed to be a classless weapon, even if it seems like it would be a melee weapon. It does not display a base damage or crit chance etc.

QG_YT123

Terrarian
Hi. I need to report something. While using the mod, I was in a cave when I saw a structure nearby. (I believe it's that laboratory structure made out of rusted pipes and laboratory plating) I tried getting closer, but after I get within a certain range of the structure, the game crashes without warning. If anyone knows what's going on and/or can fix this, please let me know. Edit: Same thing happens when I approach a planetoid core.
1609184496762.png

Last edited:

ktoś

Terrarian
Hi. I need to report something. While using the mod, I was in a cave when I saw a structure nearby. (I believe it's that laboratory structure made out of rusted pipes and laboratory plating) I tried getting closer, but after I get within a certain range of the structure, the game crashes without warning. If anyone knows what's going on and/or can fix this, please let me know. Edit: Same thing happens when I approach a planetoid core.
View attachment 303001
have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

OnyxShadow

Terrarian
I'm going to start by saying that I love Calamity. Terraria is an amazing (near perfect) game. Calamity takes it to a whole other level of greatness.

However, the Supreme Calamitas fight just feels completely wrong.

To explain why, I think its necessary to elaborate on what I think makes Terraria (and the rest of Calamity) such an exquisite gaming experience.

Freedom. If you are having trouble on a boss, try another boss at about the same tier. OR build gear upgrades. OR build a bigger and better arena. Or...

That all comes to a screaming halt with Supreme Calamitas. For all intents and purposes, gear doesn't matter. You cannot alter the battlefield in any relevant way. You cannot do anything else that contributes to your success against SC other than...

You must embrace the bullet hell and muscle memory through the dozens (at a minimum) of attempts it requires to near flawlessly avoid every single tiny projectile which is flooding the arena. The freedom that is the core of Terraria/Calamity's essence doesn't exist here.

And I'm not even saying that the SC encounter is poorly designed. Its very well designed. If you invest enough time into attempts and then play well enough, you win. It just feels staggeringly out of place in a game like this one.

I even know the inevitable response to this. "Its optional." But it doesn't feel optional. Its the obvious next step after Yharon. And few gamers are going to be satisfied just leaving the playthrough unfinished. As one last bit of context, I've just finished my 6th full run of Calamity. Every time I have an absolute blast. Then I get to SC. Then I grind out the painful number of attempts in which it takes to get it done.

To me there are 2 notable solutions to this issue.

1) Make Supreme Calamitas only accessible if the other bosses have been beaten on Master difficulty and with Revengeance and Death mode enabled. This assures that only the kind of player that enjoys crushing levels of difficulty will even have access to the encounter, and the rest of them will "complete" the game without it.

Or better...

2) Design a mechanic that gives players the FREEDOM to tackle SC in other ways. Let players complete alternative goals which weaken SC's raw damage and/or the number of projectiles in the fight. Give us access to items which deal with specific elements of the encounter. And so on.

Top Bottom