tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.7%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,585 26.4%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
It's on its' way. Thanks to @Grox The Great for helping me figure out how to do custom animations when the entity is too large for the game to handle.

20170221115044_1.jpg

hello again mod friends... for anyone interested my series is 'done'... probably not going to re-do hive mind or brimstone waifu but if you're having trouble with any boss i'd recommend seeing how i did and go from there... i misread calamitas' health as 630k not 63k at the end but it's w.e most of the fight is there and the end is just a repeat. did a post changes kill just in case anyone complained :dryadrolleyes:

Yeah that type of weapon is just insanely good. The upgrade to it is just as powerful, the only reason I switched over to the gamma ray is the way the magic healing armour set works.

Speaking of, I've finished hardmode now and have started the lunar phase (first pillar down) and am still finding magic to be overwhelmingly the best option by far. Nothing else even comes close. As an example, the gamma ray from the plague boss puts out 3k+ dps on a practice dummy, while the crossbow does like half of that, without healing. Melee is even worse, generally doing less than 1k with most of the weapon available, only hitting a little over 1k on a practice dummy with certain weapons in the perfect situation (landing all the projectile hits and the melee hits at once, impossible in a real boss fight.) Never mind that magic also gives access to things like magnet sphere and wrath of the ancients, which puts out nearly 2k on top of whatever else you're doing, or the crazy extra healing from the mana overloader, if you use that (I stopped because it seemed too powerful after brimstone tier weapons/armour.)

A good example of the disparity between where melee is and ought to be is the (upgraded) brimlash vs the solar eruption. They both require solar fragments, but the brimlash does like one third the damage, at one tenth the range, is far more difficult to land hits with and can't fire through walls. It's a huge difference. You could literally quadruple the damage on the brimlash and I still wouldn't ever use it over the solar eruption. Hell, I wouldn't even use it over the possessed hatchet from the golem. At least that thing might actually hit stuff without getting me killed in the process.

PLEASE don't tell me providence drops burn in lava... just beat her in hell, fun af btw, and just got the Rune Of Kos. Am i just unlucky???

I have a problam, when i equip the mana overloader it drains my health all the time. Help?

This is intended if you read the effects carefully then you will see that it drains hp when your mana is over half. But what do i know. Im just a filthy person who can read. (not intended to be rude)

Don't micromod. Report posts instead
You do likewise, please.

If people find that they can't answer questions with civility and respect - even the questions that are asked frequently or that have already been answered - then ignore those questions and move on.

No one gets a pass on the basic forum rules, for any reason. Not mod developers, not their friends - no one.

The forum staff is getting weary of having to address the unnecessary drama created by this behavior.

Back
Top Bottom