tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.7%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,586 26.4%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
...may I ask that you add an "admin gun" that only those that own a server with this or something can use? Like, it can be used to insta-kill, ban, kick, so forth.
Just saying.

...may I ask that you add an "admin gun" that only those that own a server with this or something can use? Like, it can be used to insta-kill, ban, kick, so forth.
Just saying.
This doesn't seem to fit the mod well, and the mod is not optimised for multiplayer anyway. Also that would be hard as heck to implement.

Hey MountainDrew, I have a couple of things to discuss about the mod. Starting with DoG.

1. DoG - In all fairness, I believe he deserves a nerf. His speed is incredible and that I can handle, and its only way to damage it is the tail and head I can also handle. However its base damage is very tough to get by WITH the warp speed he has. And he is very difficult if he only has 2 ways to damage him. I'm not saying get rid of the speed, I'm just saying you could nerf his base damage a bit lower.

2. Slime God - I was kind of disappointed with this fight. It was very easy to mow his health down even in Expert mode, and his other form wasn't difficult at all. I believe he should get a buff considering he is very easy with some good movement speed, a good arena, a good bow and some Jester arrows.

3. Plaguebringer Goliath - Ok, this guy seriously needs a buff. Compared to the last calamity boss I fought (Leviathan) this guy was a complete cake walk. Leviathan was incredibly difficult for me to beat even with being over prepared. I wasn't really prepared for this guy and thought i'd get my :red: kicked, Nope! Just used the same arena I used for Plantera and he was really easy. His damage doesn't really do much, and his attacks are pretty easy to dodge. Even in expert mode he didn't get me below 400. Hope he gets a buff soon.

Anyways, thats all. Have a nice day MountainDrew. (And good luck, I understand there have been some problems lately with Re-Logic and TModLoader).

Hey MountainDrew, I have a couple of things to discuss about the mod. Starting with DoG.

1. DoG - In all fairness, I believe he deserves a nerf. His speed is incredible and that I can handle, and its only way to damage it is the tail and head I can also handle. However its base damage is very tough to get by WITH the warp speed he has. And he is very difficult if he only has 2 ways to damage him. I'm not saying get rid of the speed, I'm just saying you could nerf his base damage a bit lower.

2. Slime God - I was kind of disappointed with this fight. It was very easy to mow his health down even in Expert mode, and his other form wasn't difficult at all. I believe he should get a buff considering he is very easy with some good movement speed, a good arena, a good bow and some Jester arrows.

3. Plaguebringer Goliath - Ok, this guy seriously needs a buff. Compared to the last calamity boss I fought (Leviathan) this guy was a complete cake walk. Leviathan was incredibly difficult for me to beat even with being over prepared. I wasn't really prepared for this guy and thought i'd get my :red: kicked, Nope! Just used the same arena I used for Plantera and he was really easy. His damage doesn't really do much, and his attacks are pretty easy to dodge. Even in expert mode he didn't get me below 400. Hope he gets a buff soon.

Anyways, thats all. Have a nice day MountainDrew. (And good luck, I understand there have been some problems lately with Re-Logic and TModLoader).

MountainDrew is currently doing a playthrough of the mod and plans to nerf and buff things accordingly if he feels they need it. Granted he's currently preparing for the 1.3.5 version of tmodloader (Terraria changed a ton of crap code wise and it screws over mods big time) so he can release Calamity for it as soon as possible.

As for your concerns:

- Devourer of Gods will probably not get nerfed, unless MountainDrew has issues with it himself once he gets to that point. In its currently state it IS strong, but not impossible. This guy already gets nerfed and buffed constantly as well as getting so many tweaks to the point where it just needs to stop. Right now I personally think it's fine as-is.
- Slime God is already being buffed for the next update to Calamity.
- Plaguebringer Goliath will likely also get a small buff (I'm just assuming, I could be wrong).

Plaguebringer's a really strange case, it has pretty low HP and a lot of attacks it has kinda tickles at worst, but other attacks hit really hard. I don't think Plaguebringer's ever killed me, but it's always come down to the wire, it's always a really stressful and super close battle in my personal experience.

Plaguebringer's a really strange case, it has pretty low HP and a lot of attacks it has kinda tickles at worst, but other attacks hit really hard. I don't think Plaguebringer's ever killed me, but it's always come down to the wire, it's always a really stressful and super close battle in my personal experience.

Plaguebringer probably kills me the most, I always fly into it. x-x

DOG is really strong and way more strong in Prepare to Cry Mode but killable though its really hard. I was just disappointed when I manage to defeat him in Prepare to Cry Mode cause I thought the weapon "Murasama" is stronger than the weapons that you can get on normal mode. So much effort defeating him in 5M hp with onehit damage. Wishing you could buff some Prepare to Cry Mode items so tnx ^_^

Wanna hear a joke? Fight DOG in PTC in 10 FPS is fun, is not like I have to dodge everything. Also, I suggest bring the god slaying buff back for the last armor set to add more reason to wear it. Since everything kills in one hit God slayer armor is more useful in PTC than demonshade.

is there gonna be an adamantite equivalent to the titanium railgun? also, since chaotic ore is post-plantera tier, wouldn't you need just a picksaw to mine it?

If you have it in your thick skull that this mod WASN'T balanced by ME, MYSELF, AND I then you are dead wrong my friends.

I make the balance decisions. And in the end I want the player to EARN their wins.

Its the stress talking, he's been up for a few days trying to update the mod to the following tmodloader version, and it's not very fun because of all that changed.
Speaking of, If all goes well our update should be ready for 1.3.5 soon.
I'm kinda worried for Drew.
He surely is one of the most,if not THE MOST passionate and determined modder I've ever seen:you can tell by all the effort he puts into this mod, but I hope that he doesn't strain himself too much;I mean, I really respect this guy and it would be a real shame if this whole thing, that he started out of passion, just ended up resulting into an aneurism; it would be really sad for,well,probably everyone here.

in a few words: don't be afraid of taking a break if you need to, we can,and will, wait for thee:)

can someone tell me how to defeat slime god easily in pre hardmode???

The way I did it...

Weapon: Storm Surge
Armor: Molten
Accessories: Frostspark Boots, Obsidian Shield, Skyline Wings, Band of Regen. 5th Accessory is optional, choose something good, or just grab something with a good prefix (Damage or Movement Speed)

Bring Buff Potions! Ironskin, Regen, Endurance, Magic Power, anything that will increase your damage!

Strategy: Basically, choose a big open area of the world, perhaps the Desert. You will want several screens' width of the world that's reasonably flat with no major obstacles that will trip you up. Alternatively, you could build a skybridge about 3-4 thousand blocks long. Summon the boss and proceed to run away from it while firing the Storm Surge at it, but make sure to NOT let the "Yin-Yang" Core (the Slime Boss itself) get too far away or it will despawn and you won't get any actual loot out of it!

Keep running back and forth while dodging the twin slimes, doing whatever damage you can to whichever slime is closest to you. The fight will get easier as you kill more slimes and make sure you're also aiming at the little slimes that break off; you don't want a million of those around. If you happen to have any piercing/long range magical weapons such as Water Bolt, you could fire those off too. If you're gonna use a magic weapon alongside the Storm Surge, Magic Cuffs also make an excellent choice.

If you also want to increase the odds of winning, a Hellwing Bow would make a nice addition too, especially if you happen to have some archer potions. Use Wooden Arrows. The Space Gun could also work somewhat, though it's lower damage would take longer. Basically you're looking for anything that has fast projectiles that can also pierce (sadly, your choices in Pre-Hardmode are limited). Could also use a stronger bow + Jester Arrows, too!

Back
Top Bottom