tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.7%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,586 26.4%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
or has an alternative if their jungle is being invaded by corruption/crimson use the solutions mod deep green solution, of course purifying the infection first.

Except if you do not break any alters, you don't have to worry about your Jungle being corrupted (assuming the proper world generation) if you've dug the 4-5 wide gap outside of your Jungle biome. And not everyone uses that mod.

Except if you do not break any alters, you don't have to worry about your Jungle being corrupted (assuming the proper world generation) if you've dug the 4-5 wide gap outside of your Jungle biome. And not everyone uses that mod.
very true khaelis.....dinner time bye.

You don't check updates do you...kinda makes me mad.

Tile rarities of Hardmode tiles only show up on the metal detector in hardmode:

public override void RandomUpdate(int i, int j)
{
Main.tileValue[Type] = (short)(Main.hardMode ? 805 : 0);
}

Hey, I don't know where to report bugs and I just made an account so I could tell you this. Today I was fighting the Slime God, the first time it worked well but the second time instead of the True Slime God a second Ebonian Slime spawned. One more thing, I think I made the world before the modded ores were added in or something and I haven't killed Desert Scourge yet at the time so now there's no modded ores in my world, I had to make a second one just to go mine, if you could make an item that "re-generated" ores or something, that would be great.

For this matter, you don't need to worry about it AT ALL nowadays. The obsessive biome containment craze is an artifact leftover from older versions of the game, here and now, chlorophyte wards off infection and there's almost no chance at all of it pushing through. Unless you have an evil biome generate DIRECTLY IN THE MIDDLE of your jungle, it should remain more or less untouched all game. Only the surface stands any chance of corruption, but you can stop that yourself by throwing a holy water or three at both edges of the jungle early hard, and bam, the last conceivable remaining problem is fixed.

For this matter, you don't need to worry about it AT ALL nowadays. The obsessive biome containment craze is an artifact leftover from older versions of the game, here and now, chlorophyte wards off infection and there's almost no chance at all of it pushing through. Unless you have an evil biome generate DIRECTLY IN THE MIDDLE of your jungle, it should remain more or less untouched all game. Only the surface stands any chance of corruption, but you can stop that yourself by throwing a holy water or three at both edges of the jungle early hard, and bam, the last conceivable remaining problem is fixed.

Well, there's still the matter of your base getting corrupted, but that's a lack of preparation than anything, as the Vs will usually miss a good portion of the center and you can just dig a few tunnels that are 4+ blocks wide and make sure no grass can grow on either side near the surface.

And I really don't know why the hardmode V's got brought up anyways: Smashing altars has absolutely nothing to do with the Hardmode V stripes anyways.

Hey, I don't know where to report bugs and I just made an account so I could tell you this. Today I was fighting the Slime God, the first time it worked well but the second time instead of the True Slime God a second Ebonian Slime spawned. One more thing, I think I made the world before the modded ores were added in or something and I haven't killed Desert Scourge yet at the time so now there's no modded ores in my world, I had to make a second one just to go mine, if you could make an item that "re-generated" ores or something, that would be great.

I, too, have noticed oddities with the Slime God boss.

What other mods do you have? I think I've got a mod that occasionally drops expert treasure bags (which works a bit wonky). I might end up uninstalling that mod sometime because I think it screws with the Slime god Boss.

First time I killed it, each Ebonian/Crimson Slime dropped a Treasure Bag (lol), second time I killed it, the Slime god itself despawned or turned into one of the slimes, and I got absolutely nothing out of that kill, not even purified gel, and the third time I killed it, this time the core actually hung around and I was able to kill it and get the actual rewards.

Not sure what was up with that. Probably another mod conflicting or something.... this is why I was hesitant to add multiple mods, lol. Ah well. Hopefully the SG is the only thing this happens with. I rather like the occasional bag idea, especially since I don't play expert lol.

Slime God works perfectly fine for me. If I cannot replicate your bugs then I will NOT be fixing them.

Boss Expertise is a mod that messes with everything. It breaks some things in Thorium and probably things in this mod too.

Hello, first of all I don't even know if this is the right place to make suggestions (so sorry if it isn't).
Second, this mod is so great that I don't think the original (vanilla?) will ever be as great as and this is the reason I'm here. To make only a suggestion. In my opninion it's the only thing missing for a perfect-addictive-neverending game.
I've seen lots of acessories and stuff that really buffs the players for real tough bosses, but so far I haven't seen some item that boosts players perm]anently (even if it is just a little).
Some practical examples:
Let's say a super hard boss drops a "God Fruit" which boosts max HP permanently by ONLY 1HP (Yeah, I'll explain why so little). Since this mod is really hardcore, lets say that the max natural HP goes from 500 to 600. With these "fruits" dropped always ONLY one per hardcore boss, it would take a hundred bosses to grind to the maximum. Why so much?
Usually, something's "aprecciation" depends on how many people plays and how much time is spent on the thing. By adding this item, let's say it takes 5 minutes to kill a boss and other 5 minutes to gather stuff to summon it. That would make 10+ minutes to gather each fruit, 1000+ minutes to grind a char to the new max hp. More than 16 new hours of playing that I would gladly enjoy (since that is grinding, something that really makes people want to go on forever.)
If the new max is 700, 32+ hours and so it goes.
Also, another idea is some kind of other "fruit" that increases the output damage done by all weapons in 0,1% with a max fruit usage of 100 or 1000 (same idea here, low increase, more than 10 hours of grinding for an optimal character).
Same idea for HP regen, 0,01HP/s per fruit per use, max usage of 100 , 200 or something like that.
Note that the final increases aren't so big, keeping the overall gameplay balanced.
And that's it :)
Thank you all, developers of this amazing mod :)

Slime God works perfectly fine for me. If I cannot replicate your bugs then I will NOT be fixing them.

Boss Expertise is a mod that messes with everything. It breaks some things in Thorium and probably things in this mod too.

Yeah, I figured that mod was probably the culprit, didn't mean to accuse you/your mod.

hey can someone tell me how to get bone dust

Scroll back 1-3 pages, we talked about that very thing.

Yeah, I figured that mod was probably the culprit, didn't mean to accuse you/your mod.

The only mods I have are ImkSushi, Prefixes for Enemies, one of the boss health bars, cheat sheet and one that lowers respawn time. Other than Prefixes for Enemies and ImSushi I don't see anything that might screw Calamity up. Anyhow I just used Cheat Sheet to spawn the True Slime God and get the loot when it bugged.

I did but I didn't find anyone talking about it

Hmm, very well. Bone Dust is dropped by normal skeletons in the Underground. I think someone said, the ones with the crooked heads and blue armor. Best thing to do, prolly, is to find a Skeleton Statue and wire it up, dunno if that works or not, but don't see why it wouldn't.
[doublepost=1495475891,1495475825][/doublepost]
The only mods I have are ImkSushi, Prefixes for Enemies, one of the boss health bars, cheat sheet and one that lowers respawn time. Other than Prefixes for Enemies and ImSushi I don't see anything that might screw Calamity up. Anyhow I just used Cheat Sheet to spawn the True Slime God and get the loot when it bugged.

Ahh. I see. I just wanted to make sure you weren't using the Treasure Bags for Non-Expert Mode Mod I can't remember the name of lol.

Though I will say I got extremely lucky with that mod... and for some weird reason, it gave me Lazure's Set out of an EoC Treasure Bag, lol. Kinda cheating, but sure, I'll take an infinite flight yo-yo at the very beginning of hardmode LOL.

Hmm, very well. Bone Dust is dropped by normal skeletons in the Underground. I think someone said, the ones with the crooked heads and blue armor. Best thing to do, prolly, is to find a Skeleton Statue and wire it up, dunno if that works or not, but don't see why it wouldn't.
[doublepost=1495475891,1495475825][/doublepost]

Ahh. I see. I just wanted to make sure you weren't using the Treasure Bags for Non-Expert Mode Mod I can't remember the name of lol.

Though I will say I got extremely lucky with that mod... and for some weird reason, it gave me Lazure's Set out of an EoC Treasure Bag, lol. Kinda cheating, but sure, I'll take an infinite flight yo-yo at the very beginning of hardmode LOL.
Ok thank you very much

Back
Top Bottom