tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.7%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,585 26.4%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
I've been replaying the mod (even with gear from a previous run, playing on Expert is aggravating) and I've found that some bosses, like the Polterghast feel unfinished. Are there plans to make that change?
I am surprised that Polterghast isn't a sentinel of the dungeon along with the Ceaseless Void. Since you do need one of his drops in addition to the other sentinels of the Devourer to summon the Devourer. Then again, I don't even know what in the heck it's backstory is. Looks like a reincarnated Plantera....

Maybe it is Calamitas or Yharim trying to prevent the player from getting any stronger, by reviving something the player already killed, and thus, knows their strengths and weaknesses already. Heck, the Ravager is released on the world when the Golem is defeated, and is basically an upgraded Golem. Looking back, the only bosses from vanilla that aren't repeated are the WoF, the ML, and Skeletron/prime... Maybe the Polterghast is a teaser of more bosses yet to come...

One of the Best mods for terraria! Much content, and the Post-moonlord content is just the best.
The Bosses feel very nice ( playing ATM on Expert - Revengence mode / some of the Bosses on Death mode)
And they feel like Dark Souls Bosses.
Im really looking forward to Future updates.

(( In general i like the new Rage + Adrenalin modes... but, i feel like that now, theres no downside anymore... with stress there was More dmg for less Defense..
or im seeing something wrong here? ... ))

You are. With rage and Adrenalin, they don't have a constant effect like they used to. Instead they are charge meters, and can be tapped into for a boost when enough has built up. Also, rage only increases with damage taken, not constantly unless you equip the Draedon's Heart(or it's appropriate ingredient whose name I can't recall). And Adrenalin is only available during boss fights. It resets at the beginning and at the end of boss fights, and only increases if a boss is alive and (i think) nearby. I prefer the old formula myself, only for those panic-inducing moments when stress levels would trigger a ten second Zerg potion effect. That moment during a Solar Eclipse, post Yharon, and the monsters are POURING onto the screen from all sides. "...Well, f---". *head gets torn off by rabid Mothron, one of several on screen*

Now it's like we went from being terrified of the dangers, to being masochistic about the situation. And this would be easy to take advantage of, using a spike and some post-ML armor. Refilling rage by taking damage, activating invincibility frames, and auto-healing the damage before it even matters. Literally a life-hack. That shouldn't be the case, even if that means that every time we attempt storing this power we have a decent chance of being rushed by enemies, Zerg style. Revengeance mode shouldn't be EASIER than expert mode, not even for one millisecond. You are out for revenge. You're going to have a hard time. This is Yharim we're talking about here. And Supreme Calamitas. And Yharon. And The Devourer of Gods. And Providence, the God(dess) of the Profaned Flame. And revengeance mode is now stressless? I don't see how that is ok. It's basically opening the door to become worse than Yharim. Seriously, if an alicorn mount is a revengeance mount, you can't have that be easy in any way. Bring back the stress. I didn't download this mod to be coddled. I downloaded it because Terraria on it's own is too easy! I want a challenge! I-- oh wow. Wait a minute.:eek: I... I am a masochist... Huh....

Although, seriously, the stress mechanic was awesome, and kept you from just setting out on an epic massacre against everything that moved, and helped you manage your resources + make appropriate arenas for fights, and made us want to cry/die/ragequit. That last one is kind of what made this mod so popular, just being generally UNFAIR. To EVERYONE.

Holy. :red:ing. :red:. I WAS KIDDING, DEVOURER OF GODS!!! IT WAS A :red:ING JO--

Well. That... didn't go well. And now that I truly understand what's going on... To the one who can beat the DoG on death mode in v.1.2.4.205...

I salute you. I am not even kidding. This is... this is bad news. He better have a death mode exclusive drop or I'm gonna rage. And the invincibility frames, have no warning or indication that they are even happening. THAT'S what he meant.

New revised advice to Jainkoaren:

Step 1: Pray.

Step 2: Run.

Step 3: Do not play with just Calamity, you will go nowhere. Fast. Get Thorium, and/or Tremor mods installed. Along with Anti-Social, for assistance. Finish defeating all of those mods' bosses before you go for the big guy. You may have to start a new world. USE THE SHREDDER IF YOUR ARENA IS ENCLOSED, OR HAS BLOCKS INSTEAD OF PLATFORMS. And turn off frame-skip! This will slow down EVERYTHING. Download enigma mod, and invest in making an Artifact of Restoration (+1600 health, +400 Mana, Halved potion sickness duration). Infinity - Endless Items is another good idea, as musket balls are useless against the DoG. And you need better ammunition than the basic stuff. It also includes Infinite Potion recipes. Including the majority of Calamity's potions (except Zerg and Zen. Darn).

Recommended weapons: Ethereal Subjugator, Elemental Disk, Mjölnir from Thorium, Hell Storm from Tremor, and Quasar's Flare from Thorium. Mjölnir is the endgame weapon in Thorium, and is very effective on DoG, simply because it doesn't deal melee damage, or ranged, or magic, or summon, or throwing. It deals TRUE damage (500). True damage is pure damage, without any weaknesses or resistances. Mjölnir also multi-hits enemies, and will generate chain lightning to decimate nearby enemies-- Like the Devourer's many segments! Hell Storm is a bow that I believe drops from a boss named Andas, or True Andas. Hell Storm will launch arrows very slowly at first, but the longer you keep using it, the faster it will fire. The arrows home in on enemies automatically, and are quite persistent. The Quasar's Flare is another bow, but you will not be using this one for damage-- This is to stay ALIVE. 10% of all damage the Quasar's Flare deals is returned to you as health! It rapid fires, but does mediocre damage compared to the Hell Storm.

Additional thoughts: You may actually deal some damage with Lacerator, but don't rely too much on it. If you were using the swarmer idea I gave earlier, BETTER IDEA. use the Malevolence from the Plague Bringer Goliath. It does the same thing, but with arrows. No mana needed. Also, if you need more speed than a speed potion, use a speed potion AND a speed gem, from Enigma. They actually can and will stack! Couple with Yharim's Stimulants and you can easily juke the Devourer of Gods if you wear the right gear. Chaos Rod can displace you, which if you can not move out of the way in time, but need to move NOW, then that can be used to avoid the instant death that death mode gives the DoG. You might want to invest in the Spirit mod as well, just for their weapon enchantments like Sanguine Strike or Honeyed, or even the one that gives you one free hit without damage after you spend enough time without being hit. It doesn't protect you from doggo's bite, but it does protect you from his body and tail.

GOOD LUCK, GODSPEED.

i did beat DoG with Quasar's Flare actually.

aswell as i said. Dark Souls Feelings.

But the idea of not only Revengence exclusive drops. but also Death ex. drops i do like. specially for hardcore bosses like DoG in death mode.

i havent played dark souls but i yeah the worm is so busted i even had to rely on playing in a potato machine to be able to react to the attacks. i was fine with the difficulty of the other bosses in Calamity but those final 3 (and Signus) is too much IMO (even for Revengeance standards).

i defeated him with elemental disk, Mjollnir and Terratomere. but yeah it took a lot of tries to even get to the final part and it hurts the fingers.

i hope that once they add the last bosses they could tone down DoG and Yharon to make them less of a chore to defeat. it practically makes it that all the equipment you've been saving from before seems useless, specially yoyos. cant use those against these bosses when they deal so much damage even with the Core of the Blood God and other melee defense items.

Have

Have you tried looking deep underground? About Cavern layer? (Normal underground.
[doublepost=1517969757,1517969670][/doublepost]

Zerg potions are great for farming them. Take note that the Rare Waifu in a Bottle is only dropped in Expert Mode worlds or above at a 2% droprate. Zerg Potions will help with the farming. If you need to know how to farm them... look up, post 12244 of this topic, I put a huge thing for them! Good luck with the Rare Waifu in a Bottle
[doublepost=1517969862][/doublepost]Also,I only used Lacerator and Blissful Bombadier for the DoG, but the advice slotherak gave should come in handy. (I got to post Yharon in my last terraria run, doing a huge modded thing. Only had Calamity and the boss Health Bar mod, so...yeah, took about 27 or so tries. But I didn't have all fleeting stuff. I had mainly offensive things.)
Thanks for the help when i looked on the mod wiki it said it was a 5% drop rate on any world ill have to start a new world to do this but i should be easier with my accumulated gear.

Small problem.... i cant seem to get a crimson world. im ONLY getting corruption. any fix? or am i doing something wrong?
hm i already played now 2 maps with crimson.
I know theres no pick option on the serverside when you creating a world.
One easy way would just be, Create a world in singleplayer/local with your client, pick the evil and upload the world file.

the textures of the weapons and items have a white backround.
I tried to reinstall the mod and tmodloader but nothing changed.
could anybody help me?

the textures of the weapons and items have a white backround.
I tried to reinstall the mod and tmodloader but nothing changed.
could anybody help me?

Try reinstalling Terraria itself, it won't screw up your saves. After you do that, install the latest version of tModloader and download and install the latest version of Calamity from the first post in this topic.

Additionally:
I'm stuck on the DoG again, I can kinda get through the first stage, but once the second stage sets in, I get ripped apart. I have the "best" gear available to that point plus the Heart of Elements and maximum HP/MP (artefacts from a previous world the game ate.) Any suggestions would be great.

Try reinstalling Terraria itself, it won't screw up your saves. After you do that, install the latest version of tModloader and download and install the latest version of Calamity from the first post in this topic.

Additionally:
I'm stuck on the DoG again, I can kinda get through the first stage, but once the second stage sets in, I get ripped apart. I have the "best" gear available to that point plus the Heart of Elements and maximum HP/MP (artefacts from a previous world the game ate.) Any suggestions would be great.

add heros mod turn godmode on done

Additionally:
i did as you sayd and i still have thos white boxes

hm i already played now 2 maps with crimson.
I know theres no pick option on the serverside when you creating a world.
One easy way would just be, Create a world in singleplayer/local with your client, pick the evil and upload the world file.
Well...after killing WoF you can pick the world evil, but that's only after he's dead. Maybe you could enable the little thingy, but that'd be messing with the code a bit, besides, no clue if it'd work.

I'm kinda curious as to when tackling supreme calamitas. Do you have to beat Sepulcher?

Sepulcher? Not sure what mod that one is from... Thorium or perhaps Tremor?

Required for Supreme Calamitas:
- Moon Lord
- Profaned Guardians
- Providence
- The Sentinels
- The Polterghast
- The Devourer of Gods
- Bumblebirb
- Yharon

Hmm... any suggestions for good loadouts to use against Providence? I hit her like a wall. The Profane Guardians were pretty managable, aside from that one time when they glitched out and killed me without allowing for an alternative outcome, but Providence herself just kicked my :red: when I tried to face her. I'm playing mage, but am considering switching to ranger for this fight. I've managed to build a somewhat basic arena that spans about a third of the Underworld, but I don't have enough heart lanterns to decorate the whole thing.

Yeah, that's how I found out about this mod.

Here's some ideas, since I did a melee playthrough and I loved the Omniblade so much...
btw Omniblade upgrades would be Rev only because otherwise it would be way too powerful.
Damage: 120 (Melee)
Knockback: Average
Speed (left click): Insanely Fast
Speed (right click): Very Fast
Recipe: Omniblade, Holy Collider, Aegis Blade, Lead Core, 20 Luminite Bars, 20 Uelibloom Bars, 5 Galactica Singularity, 50 Unholy Essence (Ancient Manipulator)
Tooltip: "That's no moon..."
Explodes on enemy hits
Homing, wall-breaking lasers appear on enemy hits
Right click to fire a holy fire supernova that costs 6 mana
Revengeance item
Inflicts debuffs: Holy Fire, Irradiated, Whispering Death
Damage: 480 (Melee)
KB: Strong
Speed (right click): Average
Recipe: Deathstar, Galactus Blade, Stellar Striker, Mirror Blade, Terror Blade, Ghastly Visage, Nebula Arcanum, 2 Ruinous Souls, 2 Twisting Nethers, 2 Dark Plasmas, 50 Phantoplasm, 20 Cosmilite Bars (Draedon's Forge)
Tooltip: Neutron stars fall from the sky on swing
Mirror Blade damage effect
Right click to fire a homing black hole that costs 20 mana
Revengeance item
Inflicts debuffs: Godslayer Inferno, Irradiated, Whispering Death
Damage: 1600 (Melee)
KB: Insane
Speed (right click): Insanely Fast
Recipe: Cosmic Ruin, The Burning Sky, Neptune's Bounty, Devil's Devastation, Aquatic Dissolution, Murasama, 50 Nightmare Fuel, 50 Endothermic Energy, 25 Darksun Fragments, 25 Yharon Soul Fragments, 150 Phantoplasm, 150 Bars of Life, 150 Galactica Singularities, 100 Effulgent Feathers (Draedon's Forge)
Tooltip: Antimatter bombs fall from the sky on swing
Mirror Blade damage effect
Right click to fire a barrage of bloody scythes, exo vortexes, and black holes
Right-click attack uses 13 mana
Revengeance item
Inflicts debuffs: Godslayer Inferno, Crush Depth, Irradiated, Whispering Death
I would make sprites, but I have absolutely no idea how to do so. If someone could please let me know that would be great.

Back
Top Bottom