tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.7%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,584 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
terraria usa 4gb pero cuando veo si ya están llenos, la PC que tengo es realmente buena y en los procesos no hay problema, ya que ocupa una gran cantidad de memoria en todo, ¿es ese error solo por memoria completa?

No soy un experto en programación ni soy modder del juego; pero a lo que esto refiere es que el juego en sí, aunque tu computadora sea de una gama demasiado alta, el juego/la plataforma de tModLoader en sí no es tan perfecta para correr demasiados mods a la vez. El problema en esto no reside en Calamity; si no en la cantidad de otros mods que tengas. Obviamente, al intentar usar 20 mods, todos con gran cantidad de contenido (ejemplo), el programa sufre un crash por falta de memoria, obviamente.
Ya, otro problema sería que usaras Calamity por sí mismo y te diera tal error, por lo que sí, deberías cambiar tu sistema por uno mejor, por que Calamity es un mod DEMASIADO grande. Lo unico que el mod en sí hara es usar mas y mas memoria por mas tiempo que pase.
TL;DR: Si nada arregla el problema, consiguete otra computadora.

Translation: 'Mods often use a lot of memory, Calamity uses a lot of memory alone, if you can't run it alone, then...
Fix: Get a better PC

Calamity is only going to take more and more memory from now on.
'

(disclaimer: Sorry for speaking Spanish. I figured i had to help somehow.)

I think the problem here is people can't run this mod with their potatoes:

Fix: Get a better PC

Calamity is only going to take more and more memory from now on.

this is quite sad, though. Because it will eventually lead people into abandoning Calamity for a bunch of smaller mods. Maybe authors can revise the content of the mod and think, if they can omit something? Some redundant armorsets, artifacts, etc. Making mod bigger, adding stuff is great, but it might be wise to keep it in some limits. Now, in my modpack, Calamity is 120mb on itself, while the second-on-size mode Thorium is just 35 (more than 3 times smaller). I know, Thorium is not that filled-to-the-top with content, but it is also very big. There should be some ways to compact and make Calamity more small and optimized, I would say, it is now more and more necessary. Otherwise, it will soon be a stand-alone mod, like some others.

Also, don't forget, there is still 4GB limitation. My PC is far more powerful, than Terraria and all mods need, but they cannot use it anyway.

this is quite sad, though. Because it will eventually lead people into abandoning Calamity for a bunch of smaller mods. Maybe authors can revise the content of the mod and think, if they can omit something? Some redundant armorsets, artifacts, etc. Making mod bigger, adding stuff is great, but it might be wise to keep it in some limits. Now, in my modpack, Calamity is 120mb on itself, while the second-on-size mode Thorium is just 35 (more than 3 times smaller). I know, Thorium is not that filled-to-the-top with content, but it is also very big. There should be some ways to compact and make Calamity more small and optimized, I would say, it is now more and more necessary. Otherwise, it will soon be a stand-alone mod, like some others.

Also, don't forget, there is still 4GB limitation. My PC is far more powerful, than Terraria and all mods need, but they cannot use it anyway.
Sad but true. Fabsol didn't plan ahead with this.

The only way I could see this being fixed is if the largest parts of this mod were seperated, such as:
--the base mod only has the bosses and their drops, there are no pre-moonlord armors or craftable weapons/gear
--the music pack is an addon (this is what eats most of your ram)
--the abyss could be an addon as well, with all it's drops and npcs
--the pre-moonlord armors & weapons and so on

EDIT: As for the music, 2 versions, one for all the major bosses (DoG, Providence, Yharon)
And one for all the lessor bosses (Prehard moonlord bosses, Bumble Birb, Profained Guardians, the Sentinels of the Devourer, so on)

Unless Fabsol does this, or starts removing alot of content. This mod will be only for high-end PC Terrarians. Hell, if he keeps going it won't even be playable due to the 4GB limit.

here's something I said before that also works here:
Calamity got too big, too fast for him.

Last edited:
hello, I love the calamity mod but there is a problem some of the bosses won't work in multiplayer the summoning item for the boss didn't do anything
please fix this bug.

Sad but true. Fabsol didn't plan ahead with this.

The only way I could see this being fixed is if the largest parts of this mod were seperated, such as:
--the base mod only has the bosses and their drops, there are no pre-moonlord armors or craftable weapons/gear
--the music pack is an addon (this is what eats most of your ram)
--the abyss could be an addon as well, with all it's drops and npcs
--the pre-moonlord armors & weapons and so on

EDIT: As for the music, 2 versions, one for all the major bosses (DoG, Providence, Yharon)
And one for all the lessor bosses (Prehard moonlord bosses, Bumble Birb, Profained Guardians, the Sentinels of the Devourer, so on)

Unless Fabsol does this, or starts removing alot of content. This mod will be only for high-end PC Terrarians. Hell, if he keeps going it won't even be playable due to the 4GB limit.

here's something I said before that also works here:

Hmm, I don't understand this. I've ran Calamity with multiple large content mods and i've never ran out of memory. Calamity is surely not that impactful to modern pcs. My CPU is average, and my ram-limit is the same as everybody's. Close to 100mb of this mod is just music, rest is mostly images files from larger bosses.

It being unplayable due to new content passing the limit is an exaggeration, the mod isn't "too big" or "too fast" for any of the developers. Regarding that quote, problems that happened during that time was purely because of issues within the team, it wasn't the mod at all. We have a great group of developers and 5 different leads, it isn't all on Fabsol.

Hmm, I don't understand this. I've ran Calamity with multiple large content mods and i've never ran out of memory. Calamity is surely not that impactful to modern pcs. My CPU is average, and my ram-limit is the same as everybody's. Close to 100mb of this mod is just music, rest is mostly images files from larger bosses.

It being unplayable due to new content passing the limit is an exaggeration, the mod isn't "too big" or "too fast" for any of the developers. Regarding that quote, problems that happened during that time was purely because of issues within the team, it wasn't the mod at all. We have a great group of developers and 5 different leads, it isn't all on Fabsol.

Actually, it IS the question of memory, as every new update of Calamity forced me to either delete one of the mods from pack (just to make it smaller) or to shrink the world size. Tile by tile, making it more condensed, but smaller.
[doublepost=1537606804,1537606570][/doublepost]I wonder, can I manually delete the music out from the mod and replace it with some placeholder, to make the mod working, but smaller? I am not familiar with Terraria modding, and I am not ready to investigate it deep.

I have a PC that can play Calamity +other mods just fine. My PC is a gaming laptop from 2014, but it wasn't cheap at the time ($800) and by todays standards, it's below average.
This is Terraria modding we're talking about here, not GTA V modding. Many people do not have modern PCs who are in this community.

I know it's a team effort (and I know very well how much inner-problems can happen from it as well), no big mod is made by 1 person (maybe joostmod but, that mod is a different story)

so im not sure what is going on the calamity wiki lists the current calamity version as 1.3.4.103 yet tmodloader lists it as 1.3.4.1 and it seems that that missing 03 off the end happens to include a update to a lot of items artworks as well as 2 abyss themed furniture sets (abyss and void) and for some reason tmodloader is not listing calamity as having a update available is this a bug or can someone help me figure this out

so im not sure what is going on the calamity wiki lists the current calamity version as 1.3.4.103 yet tmodloader lists it as 1.3.4.1 and it seems that that missing 03 off the end happens to include a update to a lot of items artworks as well as 2 abyss themed furniture sets (abyss and void) and for some reason tmodloader is not listing calamity as having a update available is this a bug or can someone help me figure this out
It's not a bug or anything, it's just that Fab didn't update the mod in the Browser. That's all. Download it from the thread or the Discord server.

Actually, it IS the question of memory, as every new update of Calamity forced me to either delete one of the mods from pack (just to make it smaller) or to shrink the world size. Tile by tile, making it more condensed, but smaller.
[doublepost=1537606804,1537606570][/doublepost]I wonder, can I manually delete the music out from the mod and replace it with some placeholder, to make the mod working, but smaller? I am not familiar with Terraria modding, and I am not ready to investigate it deep.

You are running 3+ large mods along with large world enabler which takes a massive hit to memory. 12k wide is already close to it's limit, it's expected as all mods update the massive world will become harder to run.

I'm not going to say that calamity is the most optimized mod out there, but you're already chugging a lot of memory without it.

I have a PC that can play Calamity +other mods just fine. My PC is a gaming laptop from 2014, but it wasn't cheap at the time ($800) and by todays standards, it's below average.
This is Terraria modding we're talking about here, not GTA V modding. Many people do not have modern PCs who are in this community.

I know it's a team effort (and I know very well how much inner-problems can happen from it as well), no big mod is made by 1 person (maybe joostmod but, that mod is a different story)

Large mods will always take a bit more power no matter what game they're for. Calamity is surely not the most intensive compared to large world enabler. Players are expected to meet the requirements if they expect to play larger mods, if they cannot then it's not our problem.

You are running 3+ large mods along with large world enabler which takes a massive hit to memory. 12k wide is already close to it's limit, it's expected as all mods update the massive world will become harder to run.

I'm not going to say that calamity is the most optimized mod out there, but you're already chugging a lot of memory without it.

Large mods will always take a bit more power no matter what game they're for. Calamity is surely not the most intensive compared to large world enabler. Players are expected to meet the requirements if they expect to play larger mods, if they cannot then it's not our problem.
I still think making the music a seperate download would fix alot of this

Simplemente entendí, el espacio ocupado por el mod y comparado con un tiempo en el que solo ocupaba 42.2 MB, el mod actualmente ocupa 117 MB, lo que lo hace inaccesible para muchos. Es una pena
[doublepost=1537648222,1537648206][/doublepost]I simply understood, the space occupied by the mod and compared to a time when it only occupied 42.2 MB, the mod currently occupies 117 MB, which makes it inaccessible for many. It is a pity

Well, currently I am running default 8400 tiles (simply Large world). Besides, I have 16 GB of memory and CPU is not loaded more than 25% during running the game, so it is not PC limitations. When I try to go above 8400 tiles, world generation crash. However, without Calamity, I was able to generate and run 16k-tiles server without a problem. Simple numbers, I am not that complaining, as even with Large world there is probably enough space for people in my server.

Well, currently I am running default 8400 tiles (simply Large world). Besides, I have 16 GB of memory and CPU is not loaded more than 25% during running the game, so it is not PC limitations. When I try to go above 8400 tiles, world generation crash. However, without Calamity, I was able to generate and run 16k-tiles server without a problem. Simple numbers, I am not that complaining, as even with Large world there is probably enough space for people in my server.

It may be because the world expansion Calamity does on it's own, it wasn't built for anything beyond vanilla limits. If others test this and bring back the same results it may just be listed as flat-out in-compatible.

hey there was something bothering me for quite a while... why is the goldplume spear so short and has so litle damage its way worse than the aerialite sword and has a shorter range. i hope you can fix it eventually, i realy love spears. thanks.

Not sure if anyone has said this yes, the Dreadmine Staff is using a minion slot and not a turret slot. dunno if this is intended or not. When i use the staff with max minions out it will delete one of my minions to summon it.

Back
Top Bottom