tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.4%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,453 40.7%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,588 26.4%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
Hi! I'm using Linux and sometimes when I load the game it hangs when loading Calamity at HPBarFont.xnb. If I disable it in enabled.json then open the game and enable it and click the reload mods button it works fine. But it usually just freezes. Before reporting my problem here I did a google search first. Apparently this is a common recent issue with Calamity when running on Linux or Mac OSX.
https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/calamity-mod.44065/page-713#post-1643520
https://www.reddit.com/r/Terraria/comments/9ms4vc/calamity_hpbarfontxnb_crash/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Terraria/comments/95psfo/linux_modded_terraria_freezes_on_load/

I wish I could provide a crash report. But the game just freezes.
If there is a proper place for reporting bugs please let me know.

uh wtf
first of all the butcher function doesnt work
second of all shes not a superboss she just has a bunch of bs gimmick mechanics that give her non-real difficulty and make it pointless to even try to fight her without overpowered gear
also the chibii devourer is a fun boss and can be beaten if you have half-decent gear
and the lorde is just pathetic tbh
finally, the verboten one is best girl

you mean mechanics that make sure you can't butcher her (pun not intended) with godly overpowered gear in seconds? (not the minimum damage thing because i agree that needs to be changed) like, i don't see why the hit cap is a problem. the devs are making sure you aren't just standing there blasting SCal with, freaking potatos or something.
[doublepost=1540903049,1540902812][/doublepost]
I don't even know what bosses you're talking about.

he probably's talking about the void wyvern from ultraconyx, and he's definitely talking about the true spirit of purity from elemental unleash.

you mean mechanics that make sure you can't butcher her (pun not intended) with godly overpowered gear in seconds? (not the minimum damage thing because i agree that needs to be changed) like, i don't see why the hit cap is a problem. the devs are making sure you aren't just standing there blasting SCal with, freaking potatos or something.
[doublepost=1540903049,1540902812][/doublepost]

he probably's talking about the void wyvern from ultraconyx, and he's definitely talking about the true spirit of purity from elemental unleash.
Spirit of purity is just a game of dodge and there's a hit counter too if i remember, and for weapons you can use a standard weapon because he just throwing green balls at a symmetrical position. Scal is still better because she is the most challenging, her deadly dash and brimstome barrage, her minions and her brothers, and bullethells. And she gives you some super op weapons to pay off your work

Hello! :)

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I think I found a bug with the Lionfish weapon. Sometimes it works as a stacking damage weapon, but more often than not it doesn't work, completely skipping the Damage over Time effect which makes this weapon much less effective in a few scenarios. Not useless as it still deals a good amount of damage on it's own with it's impact damage.

So far I haven't discovered a pattern. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't regardless of what enemy it is. But this has started once I entered hardmode. It would be great if it can be looked into as I found this weapon to be a great weapon.

#Edit - 2018/10/31
In fact, a lot of enemies seem to be immune to this effect. Mostly the hard mode enemies. But I see no reason why it shouldn't work. Because enemy size or strength doesn't seem to matter. I can afflict Perforators with those just fine, a Wyvern is unaffected. Turtles are affected by them, Chaos Elementals and Skeletons aren't. It's strange.

Regards ~

Last edited:
i might have found a bug: i got the halibut cannon in prehardmode and i killed the wall of flesh so it got a damage buff but when i exited my world and i went back in it i lost the damage buff so i had to kill it again and it does that every time i exit the world

70jApsl_d.jpg

Supreme Calamitas's hitcap is getting removed next update.
Now you can shut up about the hitcap here and finally admit you're just bad git gud

70jApsl_d.jpg

Supreme Calamitas's hitcap is getting removed next update.
Now you can shut up about the hitcap here and finally admit you're just bad git gud
Why? I want to try the supreme calamitas on revengeance and feel the pain. If i can i might want to fight her in death mode and ascending into a master of dodge

Why? I want to try the supreme calamitas on revengeance and feel the pain. If i can i might want to fight her in death mode and ascending into a master of dodge
Try it on Death Mode with Armageddon and Defiled Rune for some REAL fun!(That was sarcasm; It’s SUPER frustrating, but SO worth the trouble!

I am playing with Calamity and Overhaul together. One problem is that Eye of Cthulu does no damage with charges, so I have asked some moderators on Overhaul and they said that the problem is with Calamity. I want a fix for this as it ruins the cool overhaul death mode fight, which is supposed to be intense. In case you want to help, here is a video proof of the still existing issue, skip to minute 10:

Back
Top Bottom