Biomes & Nature Catching up the Crimson - A few unresolved differences with the Corruption

crimson needs band of starpower too
Alternatively, Bands of Regeneration could be the Crimson counterpart if the Crimson isn't getting its own lighting solution, considering that the Crimson has a health-based gear theme. That would just require changing them from underground chest items to Demon Heart drops. Still works well with the Blood Pressure Cuffs idea, I'd think. :D

Alternatively, Bands of Regeneration could be the Crimson counterpart if the Crimson isn't getting its own lighting solution, considering that the Crimson has a health-based gear theme. That would just require changing them from underground chest items to Demon Heart drops. Still works well with the Blood Pressure Cuffs idea, I'd think. :D
*ahem*
It has the Panic Necklace, but it severely lacking in upgradeability. Speaking of which...
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/blood-pressure-cuffs.558/
Baconfry has the perfect solution to that problem.
It helps if you read the following comments. :p

True,the crimson seems very behind compared to the corruption,but the devs did say the crimson would be getting some attention in the 1.3 update.

*ahem*

It helps if you read the following comments. :p
I did, I actually clicked on the link in your post to double check what the Blood Pressure Cuffs were before I posted even. I was just stating that I believe the Band of Regeneration should be the Crimson counterpart to the Band of Starpower and that such a change shouldn't conflict with the Blood Pressure Cuffs suggestion and may even synergize with improving the Crimson's importance. :p

True,the crimson seems very behind compared to the corruption,but the devs did say the crimson would be getting some attention in the 1.3 update.
They're getting a Corrupt Bunny counterpart, so it's looking bright for sure![DOUBLEPOST=1412898369][/DOUBLEPOST]
I did, I actually clicked on the link in your post to double check what the Blood Pressure Cuffs were before I posted even. I was just stating that I believe the Band of Regeneration should be the Crimson counterpart to the Band of Starpower and that such a change shouldn't conflict with the Blood Pressure Cuffs suggestion and may even synergize with improving the Crimson's importance. :p
Ah, I see. I think they should be just left as-is. The Band of Regeneration is less useful than the Panic Necklace because of how weak it is, so I think leaving it the way it is would be best for the Crimson.

They're getting a Corrupt Bunny counterpart, so it's looking bright for sure![DOUBLEPOST=1412898369][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ah, I see. I think they should be just left as-is. The Band of Regeneration is less useful than the Panic Necklace because of how weak it is, so I think leaving it the way it is would be best for the Crimson.
The demon hearts are lacking in 1 drop comparing to shadow orbs. What he is suggesting is to add the Band of Regeneration as that drop instead of a shadow orb counterpart. Then I guess that you'll find shadow orbs in gold chests.

Oh yeah, makes me remember my Acid Knives thing again. It was a long time ago on an old Crimson thread on TO. Basically they would be like ichor but much weaker, and the idea is they're covered in stomach acid to weaken defense.

hmmm, the crimson gets some attention in 1.3, they've only showed the bunny, but lets hope it's also this whole suggestion

Ok, yes. Support all the way. I also really support the whole mech BoC thing. Adding mechs for every boss isnt good, but BoC needs one as destroyer is for EoW. Suggestion for name of Unholy Water alt: Chaos Water. Think about the whole "order vs chaos" thing with crimson and cyber (which NEEDS to be added). Speaking of which, there should be one for cyber too.

The demon hearts are lacking in 1 drop comparing to shadow orbs. What he is suggesting is to add the Band of Regeneration as that drop instead of a shadow orb counterpart. Then I guess that you'll find shadow orbs in gold chests.
Yeah, basically, except for the Shadow Orbs (items) being in gold chests. I was basically proposing that the Demon Heart drop table look like Undertaker, Rotted Fork, Panic Necklace, Crimson Rod, and Band of Regeneration, while leaving the Shadow Orb (object) drop table alone. Doesn't line up differences with the Corruption perfectly due to a lack of a Crimson-based light source, but it does even out the drop tables with similar items so they have the same amount of variety. I go into more detail about why I feel it should be the Band of Regeneration specifically in another thread so I won't defend that line of thought more in this one to avoid derailing things. :p

What about the shadow orb? I use that all the way up to defeating the twins! Maybe a floating heart or something?

What about the shadow orb? I use that all the way up to defeating the twins! Maybe a floating heart or something?
i don't think each single item needs an alternate, we can also live without that little bit of light, and we've a magma stone and mining helmet too.

The Vile Mushroom Equivalent could probabily be a Face Monster drop instead, so it isn´t a recolor.

Crimson is NOT a copy of corruption, it's an alternate version of it, so it needs alternate items, not red vile mushroom or red unholy water, but a different item that have the same use, for example : a extraction from herpling that spreads the crimson (that is just an example).

Who said it had to be a Mushroom? Harvesting Tumors is still a possibility.
I was referring to it being such gameplay-wise. That way, it would also give Face Monsters a reason to be there, rather than being a weaker Blood Crawler that cannot move on back walls.

Crimson is NOT a copy of corruption, it's an alternate version of it, so it needs alternate items, not red vile mushroom or red unholy water, but a different item that have the same use, for example : a extraction from herpling that spreads the crimson (that is just an example).
I have no idea what you're trying to say. Everything in the main post looks fine to me.

I was referring to it being such gameplay-wise. That way, it would also give Face Monsters a reason to be there, rather than being a weaker Blood Crawler that cannot move on back walls.
It's there to make the Crimson more interesting. :l

I have no idea what you're trying to say. Everything in the main post looks fine to me.
What i was trying to say is that recoloring items in red is not a solution to the difference between the crimson and the corruption, we need different items(and sorry if dont talk english very well i am not from an english-talking country).

Back
Top Bottom