Biomes & Nature Catching up the Crimson - A few unresolved differences with the Corruption

SzGamer227

Spazmatism
Anyone with who has played Terraria through with a Crimson world and a Corrupt world knows that there are a few key factors that the Corruption has and the Crimson doesn't. I would like to propose that the Crimson biome be "completed" so that players can obtain special items as counterparts to those of the Corruption for a more complete gameplay experience.

Vile_Mushroom.png
Vile_Powder.png

Corruption has Vile Mushrooms and Powder, and now Crimson has Vicious Mushrooms and Powder.

Worm_Tooth.png
Unholy_Arrow.png
Thorns_Potion.png

Corruption has Worm Teeth.
This gives it the unfair advantage of crafting Unholy Arrows and Thorns Potions. While the simplest solution would be to simply change their recipes, it would be better to introduce a new Crimson variant. This could be dropped by Blood Crawlers, and would be used in place of Worm Teeth to make Thorns Potion. This could also be used make a variant of Unholy Arrows on Crimson worlds, which would improve their variety even more.

Unholy_Water.png
Blood_Water.png

Corruption also has Unholy Water, and now Crimson has Blood Water.

Miscellaneous (and not strictly urgent) suggestions:
- A second source of Ichor which spawns uncommonly in all parts of the Crimson. (Suggested by TMB50)
- Change the type of block created upon the death of the WoF from Demonite brick to Flesh Block on Crimson worlds.
- Modify the appearance of Deathweed to suit both the Corruption and Crimson. (Suggested by GoldenTarrarian)
- A hardmode Brain of Cthulhu boss. (Suggested by many, many people)

Item Stats:

index.php

Putrid Arrow
Damage: 9
Knockback: 3
Velocity: 3.6
*Leaves a lingering red cloud upon impact that deals 60% damage to enemies for a few seconds. (Picture the Chlorophyte Saber's projectile.)
Recipe:
Wooden_Arrow.png
Wooden Arrow (5)
index.php
Crawler Mandible
@ an Anvil. Recipe makes 5.

index.php

Crawler Mandible
*Material.
*Can be substituted for Worm Teeth in Thorns Potion.
Dropped by:
Blood Crawlers, 1-2 - 50% (1/2)

index.php

Crimfang Dagger
Damage: 14
Knockback: 2
Velocity: 12
*Penetrates up to 2 times.
*Inflicts Bleeding for 8-10 seconds. 50% chance.
Recipe:
Throwing_Knife.png
Throwing Knives (20)
putrification_powder-png.92730
(?) Vicious Powder
@ an Anvil. Recipe makes 20.

Other Possible Item Names:

Poisoned_Knife.png
Counterpart:

-Acidic Dagger
-Bloody Dagger
-Cruel Dagger
-Crimfang Dagger
-Cursed Dagger
-Parasitic Dagger
-Acid Knife
-Acidic Knife
-Bloody Knife
-Blood Knife
-Cruel Knife
-Cursed Knife
**The same names could be applied to Shurikens, should Shurikens be used instead.
index.php

Worm_Tooth.png
Counterpart:
-Bloody Claw
-Bloody Fang
-Bloody Mandible
-Bloody Tooth
-Crawler Claw
-Crawler Fang
-Crawler Mandible
-Crawler Tooth
-Crimson Claw
-Crimson Fang
-Crimson Tooth
index.php

Unholy_Arrow.png
Counterpart:
-Bloodlust Arrow
-Bloody Arrow
-Cursed Arrow
-Putrid Arrow
bloodied_arrow-png.92720

Anyone who agrees, disagrees, ask a question, would like to make further suggestions, or just point out a mistake, feel free to do so.

Any and all feedback is appreciated. Thank you for your consideration.

Last edited:
I don't think thorns potions should be craftable in crimson worlds, as it's counterpart in crimson worlds is heartreach potions. But if you change the recipe to use a blood crawler drop I support. (Although that might be unnecessary.)

I don't think thorns potions should be craftable in crimson worlds, as it's counterpart in crimson worlds is heartreach potions. But if you change the recipe to use a blood crawler drop I support. (Although that might be unnecessary.)
Oh yeah, that's what I was worried about the other day...

I would say that Corruption needs a new fish potion, but it has a Purple Clubberfish instead.
crimson needs band of starpower too
It has the Panic Necklace, but it severely lacking in upgradeability. Speaking of which...
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/blood-pressure-cuffs.558/
Baconfry has the perfect solution to that problem.

Shadow Orb Esq. item is also missing. You are unable to get a Light Source follower item until Hardmode in Crimson worlds.

However though, it wouldn't make much sense to have a beating heart as a light source Lol.

Hit the nail right on the head here. Nothing special or too new and different, just a well thought out way to help balance the corruption and crimson.

The band of starpower should be a corruption exclusive IMO. But the picnic necklace needs more tinkers though...

If we're just going to take away the benefits of having one biome over the other, then we might as well have both on the same world upon generation. The unique items aren't essential, they're little bonuses. And nothing is stopping you from creating another world should you need specific things that badly. The only offender to this is Vampire Knives, because it beats the Scourge by far in utility.

By the way Sz, you probably already know but:

View attachment 622
The Crimson is getting a bit of attention in this update.

This suggestion, or something to match, is quite likely to happen.

I'd also like to see the crimson get it's own variant of deathweed that would simply act as a replacement for deathweed in all potions that require it.

Also, "Fleshroom". C'mon... how'd you miss that?

If it's used for the exact same things, why bother adding something different?

:p Adding...
Purely aesthetic reasons, which have never been, nor ever WILL be, bad reasons, and I don't frankly appreciate any thought to the contrary.

Deathweed wreaks of corruption influence. It is purple and green and doesn't belong in the Crimson.

Back
Top Bottom