tModLoader Chad's Furniture-and-More-Mod

Thanks for pointing that out, now I'm never gonna be able to unsee that :p
Only fair since you made it impossible for me to play vanilla again. None of the big content mods made me think, gee, I'll miss that weapon too much if I go back to unmodded. You did that with your herbs on walls and fish on ceilings and carpets on floors and plastic replicas of every little thing everywhere. It takes me twice as long to build anything but I have ten times more fun.

I don't think it'd be wise for me to completely change all vanilla tables to be 2 blocks high, but I could add 2-tile-high alternatives for all of them?
Um, uh, yeah, that sounds like a totally reasonable compromise. Wow. Seriously, you can just do that? ':eek:

Only fair since you made it impossible for me to play vanilla again. None of the big content mods made me think, gee, I'll miss that weapon too much if I go back to unmodded. You did that with your herbs on walls and fish on ceilings and carpets on floors and plastic replicas of every little thing everywhere. It takes me twice as long to build anything but I have ten times more fun.
I'm happy to hear that, and sorry for 'ruining' vanilla :p
Um, uh, yeah, that sounds like a totally reasonable compromise. Wow. Seriously, you can just do that? ':eek:
I suppose so. They would have to be 1.5 tiles high which might be a bit hard to do, but I can try.

Did something change with pillars? The base thingies - looking it up, the plinth and capital - vanish when the pillar touches a solid block.

Also, Sandstone Brick and Sandstone Brick Wall are in vanilla, so the new ones from this mod should prolly have different names... just noticed that now when I was testing all the pillars.

Are those the ninja's legs in the King Slime figure? They kinda look like eyes, and it already has a cartoonish look with the crown. The other figures are all more true to "life," so it throws me off a little.

Typo: "Retinazor" in the figure.

Got caught in a blizzard and had to fight off wolves, which made me wonder why a Wolf Pelt doesn't exist. Like a Leopard/Tiger/Zebra Skin, but a drop from a Wolf.

Surprisingly, upon reviewing all enemies in Terraria (with the Enemy Banners page) I couldn't see even one other that could reasonably be skinned! Which makes the Wolf the only enemy we actually see in game that I'd consider skinnable. That's really kind of weird, now that I think about it.

Attachments

• Terraria - Pillar changed.JPG
    Terraria - Pillar changed.JPG
    10.9 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
Did something change with pillars? The base thingies - looking it up, the plinth and capital - vanish when the pillar touches a solid block.
That's really odd. I didnt change anything about them and I didnt experience the same problem in my test worlds. I'll look into that.
Also, Sandstone Brick and Sandstone Brick Wall are in vanilla, so the new ones from this mod should prolly have different names... just noticed that now when I was testing all the pillars.
I was planning on renaming the vanilla items to 'Sand Brick' as they bear the colour of normal sand as opposed to sandstone, guess I forgot.
Are those the ninja's legs in the King Slime figure? They kinda look like eyes, and it already has a cartoonish look with the crown. The other figures are all more true to "life," so it throws me off a little.
It's the entire ninja, although I agree it's hard to tell because he's so small. The King Slime's was the first figure I made which is why it doesnt follow the style I established later on. I'm satisfied with the way it looks as of right now, but I agree it feels a bit out of place amongst the other ones. I might revisit it some time in the future.
Typo: "Retinazor" in the figure.
Thanks for pointing that out, I always get that wrong :p
Got caught in a blizzard and had to fight off wolves, which made me wonder why a Wolf Pelt doesn't exist. Like a Leopard/Tiger/Zebra Skin, but a drop from a Wolf.
Surprisingly, upon reviewing all enemies in Terraria (with the Enemy Banners page) I couldn't see even one other that could reasonably be skinned! Which makes the Wolf the only enemy we actually see in game that I'd consider skinnable. That's really kind of weird, now that I think about it.
It's added to the list of ideas!

Hey, there's an issue with the decorative healing potions. When you place them, it's fine. When you dig them back up, they turn into decorative mana potions. Just thought I should let you know!

-Robbieren75

That's really odd. I didnt change anything about them and I didnt experience the same problem in my test worlds. I'll look into that.
After some experiments, it seems like it has something to do with how things are loading.

I enabled another mod called All Blend, then reloaded mods. (All Blend has been off for a long time, over 2 of your mod's updates. I was just curious about whether it would have any effect.) Pillar was normal again - plinth and capital present. No need to replace it or anything, the appearance of the already-placed pillar was just normal when I entered the world.
I disabled All Blend and reloaded again. Pillar still normal.
I quit the game entirely, restarted, and entered the world. Pillar was not normal - no plinth, no capital.
Repeat the All Blend thing. Same result, turns it normal whether All Blend is on or off itself, as long as I change its state.
Quit game entirely with All Blend enabled.
Restart, entered the world - pillar not normal - no plinth, no capital.
Turned All Blend off, reloaded mods. Pillar normal.

Deleted All Blend entirely, restarted. Same thing, only now I don't know how to get back to the point where pillars were working with vanilla blocks... enabling/disabling other mods, and reloading, doesn't seem to work.

Further testing shows that it doesn't happen with your modded blocks. Placing your Lead Glass (or Marble Slab, or new Sandstone Brick) against a pillar makes the plinth and capital appear, even after a fresh start, when it's bugging out against vanilla blocks.

The bug also happens with blocks from a different mod. Tested with Spirit Ice and Spirit Wood.

Not all vanilla blocks are affected - the old Sandstone Brick does not cause the pillar bug.

Removing and replacing the pillar, or surrounding blocks, never changes the appearance or non-appearance of plinth/capital.

Hope something in all that helps somehow.

"RecipeBrowser",
"HotBarSwapper",
"HelpfulHotkeys",
"MagicStorage",
"VisualRadar",
"EnemyModifiers",
"ShaderLib",
"chadsfurni",
"BossChecklist",
"VanillaDyeFix",
"SpiritMod"

Attachments

• Terraria - pillar with lead glass.JPG
    Terraria - pillar with lead glass.JPG
    9.6 KB · Views: 216
  • Terraria - pillar with Spirit blocks.JPG
    Terraria - pillar with Spirit blocks.JPG
    9.7 KB · Views: 195
  • Terraria - pillar with sandstone brick.JPG
    Terraria - pillar with sandstone brick.JPG
    9.7 KB · Views: 207
  • Terraria - pillar with vanilla marble after fiddling with All Blend.JPG
    Terraria - pillar with vanilla marble after fiddling with All Blend.JPG
    9.1 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
will princess, sandstone, and mystic furniture sets have the rest fo their pieces in soon? I'd love to make a full house out of them
They will in the next update. Here's a little preview:
Princess Set now:
0fcb67ac-f41f-4c36-a8bb-e579b9951a05.jpg

Princess Set in 1.4:
af8bc60f-7381-47ac-8fdc-f1e104c9c2c8.jpg

As you can see I also slightly changed all the sprites of the ones I had already added.
Diamond Wall has two recipes; one doesn't require the Wall-O-Matic.
Hey, there's an issue with the decorative healing potions. When you place them, it's fine. When you dig them back up, they turn into decorative mana potions. Just thought I should let you know!
Thanks for reporting! Both these bugs will be fixed in the next update, along with the princess candle breaking bug you reported earlier, @Marney.
I think it must be one of the other mods you have installed, as I don't have this problem. Since the bug also happens with Spirit Mod blocks, maybe it has something to do with that mod? I have the pillars specifically set not to blend with any blocks whatsoever, so this is pretty weird.

I think it must be one of the other mods you have installed, as I don't have this problem. Since the bug also happens with Spirit Mod blocks, maybe it has something to do with that mod? I have the pillars specifically set not to blend with any blocks whatsoever, so this is pretty weird.
Nope, that was one of the first things I checked by backing up my Player/Worlds folders, disabling all other mods, and loading the world. All other modded blocks turned into the pink/nonexistent placeholder; vanilla blocks still made the pillar straight. Must be something else that's different between our setups... oh well, maybe it'll fix itself eventually. You're still fiddling with pillars to get them to not need a background wall, right? So maybe that'll do the trick once that happens. In the meantime I'll just bear with the graphical anomaly. `:) At least the pillar is there.

Nope, that was one of the first things I checked by backing up my Player/Worlds folders, disabling all other mods, and loading the world. All other modded blocks turned into the pink/nonexistent placeholder; vanilla blocks still made the pillar straight. Must be something else that's different between our setups... oh well, maybe it'll fix itself eventually. You're still fiddling with pillars to get them to not need a background wall, right? So maybe that'll do the trick once that happens. In the meantime I'll just bear with the graphical anomaly. `:) At least the pillar is there.
I hope that'll fix it, yeah. I don't really have any idea what could cause this problem.

As a builder, this mod is brilliant. Having said that, are you still considering suggestions for possible future content?
Thank you! Yes, I am still open for suggestions. I have a list of all suggestions I've gotten, and I aim to add all of them to the mod. Of course I'm doing this all alone, so I can't say for sure how long it'll take for me to add any given idea.

Here's why I asked about flipping Inaction Figures. There's a space reserved for the Moon Lord, but he'll look funny staring at the door instead of back on all his defeated underlings in despair... oh well, I'll think of a different arrangement next time. `:happy:

Attachments

• Terraria - Victory Hall original.png
    Terraria - Victory Hall original.png
    327.6 KB · Views: 8,643
Thank you! Yes, I am still open for suggestions. I have a list of all suggestions I've gotten, and I aim to add all of them to the mod. Of course I'm doing this all alone, so I can't say for sure how long it'll take for me to add any given idea.

No rush. Life comes first. Please do so at your own pace.

As for a suggestion. Have you considered pet and mount tethers? Perhaps, using a summon item as a crafting ingredient, you''d be able to have a decorative version of the mount or pet in question. Imagine it..a stable of unicorns or your own zoo.

Here's why I asked about flipping Inaction Figures. There's a space reserved for the Moon Lord, but he'll look funny staring at the door instead of back on all his defeated underlings in despair... oh well, I'll think of a different arrangement next time. `:happy:
I see what you mean. I hope I'll be able to somehow add this.
No rush. Life comes first. Please do so at your own pace.
As for a suggestion. Have you considered pet and mount tethers? Perhaps, using a summon item as a crafting ingredient, you''d be able to have a decorative version of the mount or pet in question. Imagine it..a stable of unicorns or your own zoo.
That is an awesome idea! I always found it quite a shame how you can only have one pet at a time, essentially making all pets except for your favourite one obsolete. This would be a nice way to fix that.

I love the candelabra and chandelier; they're particularly distinctive. `:)

By the way, could you change the Mystical Pouf's paint saturation thingy a bit? Like, maybe if that top golden section only got really colored by deep paints, and just changed the hue a bit with regular paints, and the rest of it took color from both. Right now deep and regular paints seem to have pretty much the same effect all over.

Last edited:
There seems to be a bug with the granite pillars; I can place them on the top and bottom of blocks and can connect a granite pillar to another ppillar going sideways, but whenI try connecting it going up and down it's not being placed.
S6yl6UfRSbe2Wdf9eu96Zw.png

There seems to be a bug with the granite pillars; I can place them on the top and bottom of blocks and can connect a granite pillar to another ppillar going sideways, but whenI try connecting it going up and down it's not being placed.
View attachment 175857
That is a problem that all pillars suffer from at the moment. It can be circumvented by placing walls where you want the pillar to be and removing them after placing the pillar. I hope to have fixed it as soon as possible, as it's quite an annoying bug.

Back
Top Bottom