tModLoader Chad's Furniture-and-More-Mod

Stained glass windows often feature religious imagery. Scenes of the Crimson, Corruption, and Hallow would make sense, as would a figure in Hallowed armour. Maybe larger windows could feature bosses. The Dryad would be another good candidate for a window, since she's supposedly 100's of years old.

It'd be really nice if you could attach the sign to *one* tile at the top (where the holding bit is shown) and/or treat it like the normal terraria sign with the "anywhere, including just stuck to background wall."
8ZbgiR2ZSYW41m3EabZYMA.png

Can we have a majestic horse statue?
34cWitevRWSQ-DgkqdYOAA.png

Yeah, just letting people use (most of) the mod in multiplayer would be a good way of finding a lot of bugs. I hadn't looked at it like that yet :p
I will put warning signs all over the place, don't worry. In any case I'd advise people to make a backup of their worlds before using the mod in multiplayer.

I'm glad that you understand. I think I might just add a multiplayer option in the config in Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Configs which, when enabled, would skip all incompatible content when the mod is loaded.
And no problem, I enjoy working on the mod :)

I could have other people test it for me, yeah.
Thanks for the ideas! I'll work on adding them in the next update.

A closed beta is a good idea, yeah. It would require a bit of organizing, though, so I don't think it can happen for this update. Maybe in the near future, though.

This will be fixed in the next update, thanks for reporting :)

That's a really good idea! Though wouldn't you be able to see the wall they're placed on through the glass? Or would they not be transparent enough to see it?

Those look really nice! The Painter will sell them in the next update. What would they each be called, though? And all paintings in the game (in vanilla and in the mod) have a name in their tooltip that is based on the name (or alias) of the spriter who created the painting. What would the tooltip of yours' say?

All pics description:
Dis picture is from "XZimur's collection"
Pic 1:
Name: Mountains
Pic 2:
Name: Big Tree
Pic 3:
Name: Sunflower
Pic 4:
Name: Water and sky

How to get pics:
On blood moon you can buy it from painter :)

I think dis will be cool

And about suggestions from me, i know dis is many suggestions... but my next suggestion will be for 1.5 update of your mod ;)

Hmm, grass/carpet interaction is a bit weird. I was paving grass-covered Dirt with Gray Brick Floor just now, and I wanted to change something, so I dug up a block. But the Gray Brick Floor didn't get mined up along with the Dirt block, as is normal. The Floor just disappeared. I replaced the Dirt block, and the Floor reappeared. I had to fetch a Stanley Knife to get the Floor off the Dirt.
Actually, it seems the Floor doesn't want to go on a bare Dirt block, but it does go on a grass-covered Dirt block. Seems to glitch when the Dirt block's grass cover changes, whether by being hit once with a pickaxe, or by having grass added with a Staff of Regrowth.
Stanley Knife also works when the Floor is invisible due to the Dirt block having been dug first.
Grass will also spread under the Gray Brick Floor.

Last edited:
Stone Pillars would be good too. `:) I've tried painting the ones we have, but the textures look wrong and don't match or complement Gray Brick and Stone Slab blocks. Granite's plinth and capital work best, but the very distinctive texture in the middle throws things off.

Incidentally, do the four new furniture sets have their own platforms?

Last edited:
upload_2017-8-11_0-37-43.png

this is not an actual build of mine, just a small showcase of some new stuff, don't judge my building skills
- large front-facing throne
- long dining tables
I'm not entirely satisfied with the texture of the dining table just yet. I can't for the life of me get the legs to look right, and I'm not a huge fan of the tablecloth's colour palette.
I also might make a 'regal' version, which will have the tablecloth be red with yellow fringes.
Also, is this what you had in mind with the throne? Here's a picture of the vanilla throne and my one next to eachother:
upload_2017-8-11_0-40-38.png

stained glass windows
I've added the six glass windows shown in the picture so far. (Dryad/Tree, Moon Lord, Stardust-, Nebula-, Solar- and Vortex Pillars respectively) I'd love to add a whole lot more and I have a lot of ideas for them, but they take a lot of time to make.
I do plan on adding more of them, though I don't know if that'll be in this update or in later updates. I expect to have the same thing with the tapestries; A handful of them in this update, and more in later updates.
Here's another picture without the chandeliers to show the amount of light that 'shines through' the windows:
upload_2017-8-11_0-47-16.png

The stained glass windows have less vibrant colours and project no light at night time.
Stone Pillars
Is this what you had in mind?

(picture also, in addition to suggestions, features the new regal carpet and princess chandeliers)

View attachment 179749Also, is this what you had in mind with the throne?
That's... exactly what I had in mind. You have a real knack for knowing exactly how to follow-through with suggestions and then exceed expectations.

Phenomenal work not only on the throne but the stained glass windows. Not only highly-talented in terms of artistic ability but also mastering the graphical style of Terraria. :)

Seconding LL's compliments. It's really easy to forget that your stuff is modded; it blends beautifully with vanilla. It's the gold standard for modding aesthetics like Thorium is the gold standard for modding balance.

View attachment 179749
this is not an actual build of mine, just a small showcase of some new stuff, don't judge my building skills

I'm not entirely satisfied with the texture of the dining table just yet. I can't for the life of me get the legs to look right, and I'm not a huge fan of the tablecloth's colour palette.
I also might make a 'regal' version, which will have the tablecloth be red with yellow fringes.
Also, is this what you had in mind with the throne? Here's a picture of the vanilla throne and my one next to eachother:
View attachment 179750

I've added the six glass windows shown in the picture so far. (Dryad/Tree, Moon Lord, Stardust-, Nebula-, Solar- and Vortex Pillars respectively) I'd love to add a whole lot more and I have a lot of ideas for them, but they take a lot of time to make.
I do plan on adding more of them, though I don't know if that'll be in this update or in later updates. I expect to have the same thing with the tapestries; A handful of them in this update, and more in later updates.
Here's another picture without the chandeliers to show the amount of light that 'shines through' the windows:
View attachment 179751
The stained glass windows have less vibrant colours and project no light at night time.

Is this what you had in mind?

(picture also, in addition to suggestions, features the new regal carpet and princess chandeliers)
Have you noticed that the Moon Lord stained glass window is missing the exposed brain? Also, I personally would've made the Moon Lord head bigger than the tentacles. I assume that's a stylistic choice, though.

Hey, this is neat. Floors work on actuated blocks.

Terraria - floor on actuated blocks.JPG

Can't do the whole tower like that yet because of the FPS drop, but that's getting fixed soon, I believe. Another minor quirk is that the gray brick floor doesn't show up on some stone slab blocks, but maybe that will be solved by the FPS fix too.

Hey, this is neat. Floors work on actuated blocks.

Can't do the whole tower like that yet because of the FPS drop, but that's getting fixed soon, I believe. Another minor quirk is that the gray brick floor doesn't show up on some stone slab blocks, but maybe that will be solved by the FPS fix too.

I'm blind. What did you do?

Back
Top Bottom