Items Combine the frog legs with something.

What would you combine the frog legs with?

• Total voters
I'm a little late in the discussion, but has anyone considered having the frog legs as an ingredient to the Master Ninja Gear? I think it would make the gear more viable because I've never seem to keep the Master Ninja Gear into late hard-mode. I know some people think they're already OP, but I don't think so. Not compared to other gears in my opinion. Also, the frog legs wouldn't make them too much better, jut enough to entice people to use them into late hard mode.

I'm a little late in the discussion, but has anyone considered having the frog legs as an ingredient to the Master Ninja Gear? I think it would make the gear more viable because I've never seem to keep the Master Ninja Gear into late hard-mode. I know some people think they're already OP, but I don't think so. Not compared to other gears in my opinion. Also, the frog legs wouldn't make them too much better, jut enough to entice people to use them into late hard mode.
I tried that already, and it got shot down immediately.
From what J Bame told me, the ability to dash and the chance to completely avoid damage is pretty powerful already (despite me never using the accessory), and the Frog Leg by itself massively improves your extra jumps and flight time, making it also really good (despite me never using it, either). While I had initially thought it was a perfect combo, apparently the two are simply too powerful for one item, especiallly if used with wings or the Bundle of Balloons.

The Tabi on it’s own was already one of the top 5 accessories in the game, let alone after you gave it the 10% chance to completely negate damage. It simply is too strong to combine with frog legs, which boost mobility by quite a lot as well. You’re forgetting that these are the two best mobility accessories in the game.

From what J Bame told me, the ability to dash and the chance to completely avoid damage is pretty powerful already (despite me never using the accessory), and the Frog Leg by itself massively improves your extra jumps and flight time, making it also really good (despite me never using it, either). While I had initially thought it was a perfect combo, apparently the two are simply too powerful for one item, especiallly if used with wings or the Bundle of Balloons.
Tbh, they don't have to be just as powerful as before while combined, they could have a nerf when you craft them together.

It might just be because I'm bad at the game, but I think the Master Ninja Gear has room for improvement.

The Tabi on it’s own was already one of the top 5 accessories in the game, let alone after you gave it the 10% chance to completely negate damage. It simply is too strong to combine with frog legs, which boost mobility by quite a lot as well. You’re forgetting that these are the two best mobility accessories in the game.

That's debatable.

Tbh, they don't have to be just as powerful as before while combined, they could have a nerf when you craft them together.

It might just be because I'm bad at the game, but I think the Master Ninja Gear has room for improvement.

Accessory tinkers only become available when:

A: Item A is a good item but is now starting to fall off in efficiency compared to other things, in which case Item B brings it back to relevancy (Most notable example being Feral Claws into Mechanical glove)
B: Item A is not good enough on its own, in which case Item B gives it the little something it needs (Pretty much what Yoyo bag does when it gives the extra range from the String to the Yoyo Glove, and the thing Frog Leg needs).
C: Both Item A and B are terrible and the combination tries to make a good from two bads (most of the time, you still get a bad anyways)

Regardless of how useful you find the dash to be, you can't just combine it with another noticeably impactful mobility item when neither of the two need a buff that massive.

It would be like thinking the Frozen Turtle Shell needs a buff (it does, but much like the Fleg it just needs a bit more), so you slap the entire Worm Scarf to it. There is simply no way to balance that without nerfing one of the two effects to the point where the new thing barely becomes an upgrade. If you find an item combination to be so strong that the effects need to be toned down, then chances are those two items are better off not being together.

Accessory tinkers only become available when:

A: Item A is a good item but is now starting to fall off in efficiency compared to other things, in which case Item B brings it back to relevancy (Most notable example being Feral Claws into Mechanical glove)
B: Item A is not good enough on its own, in which case Item B gives it the little something it needs (Pretty much what Yoyo bag does when it gives the extra range from the String to the Yoyo Glove, and the thing Frog Leg needs).
C: Both Item A and B are terrible and the combination tries to make a good from two bads (most of the time, you still get a bad anyways)

Regardless of how useful you find the dash to be, you can't just combine it with another noticeably impactful mobility item when neither of the two need a buff that massive.

It would be like thinking the Frozen Turtle Shell needs a buff (it does, but much like the Fleg it just needs a bit more), so you slap the entire Worm Scarf to it. There is simply no way to balance that without nerfing one of the two effects to the point where the new thing barely becomes an upgrade. If you find an item combination to be so strong that the effects need to be toned down, then chances are those two items are better off not being together.
I would agree with you, however I do not think the frog leg is viable at all. I've tried it before on multiple occasions and it just fails as an accessory as a whole to me. I honestly would never swap any of my accessories, early, mid, or late game for the frog legs.

Maybe a tabi and frog leg combo would be more realistic?

Like Most Of The Emblem Accessories? Most Of The Higher Tier Emblems Are Decidedly Worse Then The One They Came From, Except For Celes And Destroyer Emblem. (Although I Do Think It Keeping The 10% Crit Chance Bonus Instead Of Lowering It To 8% Would Be Nice.)

Like Most Of The Emblem Accessories? Most Of The Higher Tier Emblems Are Decidedly Worse Then The One They Came From, Except For Celes And Destroyer Emblem. (Although I Do Think It Keeping The 10% Crit Chance Bonus Instead Of Lowering It To 8% Would Be Nice.)
I haven't played Terraria in awhile, so I forget how some accessories work, but I think there are other accessories that are worse when combined with other accessories.

I haven't played Terraria in awhile, so I forget how some accessories work, but I think there are other accessories that are worse when combined with other accessories.
I Can't Think Of Any, And Like Bame Said;
If you find an item combination to be so strong that the effects need to be toned down, then chances are those two items are better off not being together.

I Can't Think Of Any, And Like Bame Said;
The thing is, I think the master ninja gear is powerful, but not OP. It would be OP if it had frog legs combined with it, but as is, it's not game breaking. Every playthrough I've ever done, whenever I get the master ninja gear, I end up replacing it like an hour later, because it's just near the end of the game where sooo many other accessories become so much more useful. That's why I think frog legs would go nicely with it, with a nerf or not. Right now, I just don't find much purpose for the MNG.

Back
Top Bottom