[Competition] Platinum afk farm

Crovento4147

Terrarian
As a new member of T-MEC, I will be hosting a competition to test the enginuity of this forum: who can make the best Platinum AFK farm. This will be measured in plat/hour. The current best plat/hour is joe price’s truffle worm farm.
RULES:
lucky coin allowed
Must not exploit glitches, apart from the hoik glitch
Must be the latest version of terraria
No event farming, such as pirates or martians.
Can be in any biome, as well as hybrid biomes.
Can sell items to the merchant or other npcs
Statue farming allowed, such as a goldfish farm.
Good luck, terrarians!

SCOREBOARD:
1. Lemon-Neko | 264 plat/hour
2. Lol Bozo | 145 plat/hour
3. theawesomegamer | 38.4 plat/hour
4. claytonmissile | 2.5 plat/hour

There will also be sub-categories for mobile and console, results will be on my crappy YouTube channel. Link is here: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCjoIAwTvFOoKL8e27VeaqjQ

Last edited:
Why wouldn't you use the lucky coin? All AFK farms should use it, there is just no reason not too.
Also welcome to T-MEC. It's always nice to see new people get into wiring up some crazy and cool stuff. If you are very new to wiring and don't yet know the basics of it you can always ask me questions. `:)

I have an old one I could upgrade! Lets see how i will do! It is Lucky coin based though... I will change the required loadout a little bit so it doesn't require a Lucky coin.
[doublepost=1524077798,1524060628][/doublepost]DONE!!! You can now choose between a raven staff+coin ring and a slime staff+greedy ring. (greedy ring adds the Lucky coin effects)
Here is the world download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/bmpx1uibvu261bv/Corneria.wld
Do I have to tell you how much coins it produces or can I leave it like this?

Why wouldn't you use the lucky coin? All AFK farms should use it, there is just no reason not too.
Also welcome to T-MEC. It's always nice to see new people get into wiring up some crazy and cool stuff. If you are very new to wiring and don't yet know the basics of it you can always ask me questions. `:)
Ok, lucky coin allowed. I was half-asleep when i made the competition.
[doublepost=1524090324,1524088565][/doublepost]Oh, also theawesomegamer, you have to measure it in platinum per hour, and I have been wiring for 4 years, and I can make an overkill rain stick engine powering spear traps and I have killed dg with a slime invulnerability machine. But I’m sure there’s still a bunch of stuff I don’t know, like the mechanics of skeletons. Also, the reason why I made this is so that I could use a cool afk farm to get cash so I don’t have to farm moon lord and spend 50 hours trying to get a godly terrarian. :)

I apologize if this is a stupid question, but is there any way to measure platinum per hour other than running the farm for an hour?

Wow, that was quick.

Also, once I'm finished, do I send you to world file to verify it? And by 'any biome', does that include hybrid biomes?
You can, also you can upload a screenshot and the plat/hour. The score will not be verified immediately if you send a world file, but you can do both and I will have a go of the farm. Also, you can use hybrid biomes.
[doublepost=1524092590,1524092457][/doublepost]Just added a scoreboard. Yee

Also are you only counting the coins dropped or coins dropped plus coins you get from selling dropped items? Because a lot of AFK farms you get a big % of the money from selling dropped items to the NPCs.

I will put up a video either today or tomorrow.
[doublepost=1524102821,1524102761][/doublepost]
I have an old one I could upgrade! Lets see how i will do! It is Lucky coin based though... I will change the required loadout a little bit so it doesn't require a Lucky coin.
[doublepost=1524077798,1524060628][/doublepost]DONE!!! You can now choose between a raven staff+coin ring and a slime staff+greedy ring. (greedy ring adds the Lucky coin effects)
Here is the world download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/bmpx1uibvu261bv/Corneria.wld
Do I have to tell you how much coins it produces or can I leave it like this?
I will test this later on and you will be added to the leaderboard. Also, where in your world is the AFK farm?
[doublepost=1524104216][/doublepost]I know this is off-topic, but just look at this:

Last edited:
AFK stands for "Away From Keyboard". Basically the idea is to build a farm that kills mobs with lava or traps and collects all the coins and item drops without the player actually having to do anything. So you should be able to have your character stand somewhere near your farm and be able to just walk away from your computer, come back after an hour or so and have a lot of money/items from mobs. The goal of Crovento4147's contest is to build the most effective AFK farm. By most effective this means most amount of money you can get from your farm in 1 hour. This includes the money you get from selling all the items dropped during the hour you were using the AFK farm. Of course drops are somewhat random so a farm should be tested many times to come up with an accurate average of just how much your farm makes.

Youtube video will be up sometime today. Had ro switch PCs so i wont have a good world up. Also planning to do a full playthrough of 1.3, then i will do a supermoded calamity, thorium, tremor, spirit, IMK and prefixes for mobs playthrough.
[doublepost=1524194427,1524192605][/doublepost]
define: AFK
If you have any further questions about terraria or the forums then feel free to ask me.:dryadwink:

So, standing there holding down the left-click button on your mouse is not AFK. Then DicemanX's farm is disqualified?
[doublepost=1524315319,1524312858][/doublepost]im all for this competition (i need a new one since mappy dropped a nuke in the DPS thread) but you gotta be clear on what your trying to do

Back
Top Bottom