Console Console 1.3 - An Update on Timing

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 sets of armour
The movement speed boost on the dragon armour makes it very handy though, and the mage armour's pretty decent too. I don't think it would be that hard to keep the console stuff in; Ocram's basically just a reskin of the BoC anyway.

Ocram's basically just a reskin of the BoC anyway.

Other than the fact that Ocram came before the BoC was a thing. So maybe BoC is a reskin of Ocram? If you truly think about it, it's almost a reskin of the EoC, including how it spits out the minions like the old EoC did. (Well I shouldn't say reskin because the AI was unique apparently.)

I mean, it was KIND OF a nice addition to the game back in the day but, as we know, the stuff is not the best. It may be even better to have the stuff completely, you know, replaced with new content that Pipeworks decided was fitting for the game. But I can agree, if it was removed in compliance with the normal 1.3 content, then by all means, they can go for it. Losing about... 3 weapons, 2 vanity sets, 3 sets of armour and a boss is worth the addition of several bosses, god knows how many vanity and normal armour sets and weapons. I mean, it just makes sense.
If we're just talking about the armor, vanity, and boss, then yeah, it's not too much. However, there is also the matter of console exclusive enemies, such as the Arch Demon and Arch Wyvern. It's not too much more, but still.

I realize my mistake, and hope you do accept my apologies. I have deleted my post to avoid further conflict. But can you please quote where the one-meme response rule has come up, as I have not seen it before.

I realize my mistake, and hope you do accept my apologies. I have deleted my post to avoid further conflict. But can you please quote where the one-meme response rule has come up, as I have not seen it before.
https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/terrarian-community-rules-culture-please-read.53/
Click the link, look at the table of contents, and then click on "Expectations when posting".
Also, apology accepted. You were aware of what you did, and that's all that matters. :)

We ask that Community members strive for a certain level of quality content in their posts. As such, please avoid:
  • Single image/meme/word responses.
  • Posting +/-1 (use the like button instead).
  • Thread bumps without substantial additional content.
  • Multi/Double posting and duplicate threads.
  • Begging for anything, likes/games/follows/subscriptions/etc.
This is the set of rules that this is mentioned under. Apology accepted, though!

EDIT: Well dang. InstaFiz beat me to it.

While I am exited for the new update, well thrilled more suits it, i'm worried. As a Teen who has school after august 27th, I'm praying the update releases soon in order to give me time to play. Granted I know the game and update, and could probably do most of the big things in a couple of days, i'm really hoping that I also get time to set up farms and mess around with items that I get from the moon lord and such. Anyone Agree?

The problem with getting rid of Ocram is that is he is removed, aren't his drops such as souls of blight people may have in their chests considered disbanded content like reds wings in 1.2.4? It could crash worlds like having hacked items does. Just a thought.

While I am exited for the new update, well thrilled more suits it, i'm worried. As a Teen who has school after august 27th, I'm praying the update releases soon in order to give me time to play. Granted I know the game and update, and could probably do most of the big things in a couple of days, i'm really hoping that I also get time to set up farms and mess around with items that I get from the moon lord and such. Anyone Agree?
I couldn't agree more.

I understand that they're ironing out bugs, but I really wish I at least had a specific month to look forward to

The problem with getting rid of Ocram is that is he is removed, aren't his drops such as souls of blight people may have in their chests considered disbanded content like reds wings in 1.2.4? It could crash worlds like having hacked items does. Just a thought.

The item ID could simply be replaced with a double entry e.g dirt or stone, that would alleviate a possible crash and I'm sure having multiple ID's for something simple like dirt in their item table wouldn't cause an issue, or substitute those players with something nice like a treasure bag as a sign of "Thanks for defeating Ocram, the threat has now disappeared, here's a gift"

The item ID could simply be replaced with a double entry e.g dirt or stone, that would alleviate a possible crash and I'm sure having multiple ID's for something simple like dirt in their item table wouldn't cause an issue, or substitute those players with something nice like a treasure bag as a sign of "Thanks for defeating Ocram, the threat has now disappeared, here's a gift"

Yeah because they did the same thing back in the days of olden Terraria on the PC where they replaced removed items with an Angel Statue to alleviate the possibility of corrupted characters and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom