Console Console 1.3 - An Update on Timing

Status
Not open for further replies.
spore had several delays and it was great,(i think people dont know that yet)so if this update had only a few then it will be great too
if you are inpatient or mad or anything about the delays,i suggest that you just play it on computer and plug your playstation,or xbox controller into the computer
if you don't have a computer and typing this by using a console,then calm down.Its not the end of the world :D
[doublepost=1504988971,1504988802][/doublepost]if it was the end then come see me
and i toootally didnt do it:naughty:
Emphasis mine. I don't know if you're talking about the same game I am, but I've only heard of the lasting legacy of Spore as a disappointment. It reviewed well but people came to the conclusion the game was shallow and lacked much reason to replay it. It's not the best example for your point really.

Emphasis mine. I don't know if you're talking about the same game I am, but I've only heard of the lasting legacy of Spore as a disappointment. It reviewed well but people came to the conclusion the game was shallow and lacked much reason to replay it. It's not the best example for your point really.
for a game made in 2008,i still think it was cool for its time
especially the creature creation thing
but people have their opinions :happy:

wait...why am i now talking about another game in terraria forums??:confused:
no logic!

When a delay starts being measured in months, it's no longer an issue of impatience. When the company fails to provide any information regarding the update after severe delays, while the deadline they set slowly creeps up, the community is not showing impatience by asking for more information. At this point we don't even know if they have sent it for certification yet, or when they plan to. So people are going to assume the worst. The closer we get to the end of q3 with no new information, the more likely it seems they will delay it again.

I can handle a few months but when a delayed update is measured by YEARS then that's when impatience isn't the problem. If they want more information they can go and watch their streams on Friday on twitch. The rest of your reply was basically my point.

Last edited:
Ive been around waiting for a long time too. Years is a bit crazy talk considering 1.3 hit PC (if I remember correctly) early summer of 2015. Console has always been a long time behind that. We've only had 1.2.4 for a year. And pipeworks has been on guard for only like 6 months. I'm unhappy it's not here too, but I don't think bashing on people is a great way of getting what we want. Opinions are fine and dandy, don't blame people for having them, but calling people liars, and all sorts of names is just plain disrespectful. MY opinion is if you cannot get your point across without strait up slander, and emotion just keep it inside. Be a man. Only children cry when they want something "right now! Right now" Lighten up! I mean c'mon. It's coming. Sooner rather than later of course. It is going to be glorious!

I can handle a few months but when a delayed update is measured by YEARS then that's when impatience isn't the problem. If they want more information they can go and watch their streams on Friday on twitch. The rest of your reply was basically my point.

The twitch streams offer no information. They spend the first few minutes of nearly every stream explaining that, normally stating they have no idea when any information will be available. This week they flat out stated that the streams will not be the source to follow for information. The forum, and more specifically this thread, are the go to source for any information on the update, and it hasn't given out any new information in months.

Last edited:
Truthfully, this doesn't inspire great confidence in Re-Logic going forward if they can't say something as simple as it will or won't make it at the projected time. This will be the second time, if put off again, that we will have learned at the absolute last second.

What I just wish to know is why we are unable to receive updates like they have been doing for the 1.3.6 update? They post weekly or bi-weekly about that yet to say something to end drawing out the aggravation of fans is too much to ask for? I get that if it is going to be delayed that they will face aggravation still, but at least they could know they said something at all.

Furthermore, it's really crappy to put Pipeworks in this position of receiving all of the ire from fans. That's part of what bugs me the most is that they receive flak on Twitter frequently, alongside Re-Logic, for little fault on their own.

Truthfully, this doesn't inspire great confidence in Re-Logic going forward if they can't say something as simple as it will or won't make it at the projected time. This will be the second time, if put off again, that we will have learned at the absolute last second.

What I just wish to know is why we are unable to receive updates like they have been doing for the 1.3.6 update? They post weekly or bi-weekly about that yet to say something to end drawing out the aggravation of fans is too much to ask for? I get that if it is going to be delayed that they will face aggravation still, but at least they could know they said something at all.

Furthermore, it's really crappy to put Pipeworks in this position of receiving all of the ire from fans. That's part of what bugs me the most is that they receive flak on Twitter frequently, alongside Re-Logic, for little fault on their own.

This is the main source of conflict currently in the community. One side is criticizing them for their lack of communication and failure to keep their schedules, and the other side jumping on anyone who posts anything that shows a negative view of the situation.

Last edited:
I hate to be that guy.
But to be fair, Loki did update us on the first delay on may 24th, not the last second of Q2.

What Khaos said is dead on though.

Last edited:
I hate to be that guy.
But to be fair, Loki did update us on the first delay on may 24th, not the last second of Q2.

My point was more the update was sudden and contrary to what they had been telling us for weeks prior. In that way, it was last minute and a jarring revelation to say the least. While they haven't hyped it up this time, they've still done nothing to curb dissent and frustration.

And it may seem as though I'm being harsh but I've bought Terraria 20 times (full-price 15 of those times to support the devs) and I hate to see such a great game get so much flak not for any technical reasons, but for development reasons. It's the least I can do to try and give honest feedback for these guys who have afforded me so many hours of entertainment.

Last edited:
My point was more the update was sudden and contrary to what they had been telling us for weeks prior. In that way, it was last minute and a jarring revelation to say the least. While they haven't hyped it up this time, they've still done nothing to curb dissent and frustration.
oh don't worry dude, I totally agree with you. I'm just pointing it out before the lapdogs start sniffing for brownie points :)

oh don't worry dude, I totally agree with you. I'm just pointing it out before the lapdogs start sniffing for brownie points :)
There's no lapdogs left for you talk to I'm afraid. I think most of us recognize talking to your views is like trying to reason with a Christian fundamentalist. You don't care about the facts, only your hurt emotions.

There's no lapdogs left for you talk to I'm afraid. I think most of us recognize talking to your views is like trying to reason with a Christian fundamentalist. You don't care about the facts, only your hurt emotions.

There is really no need to name-call on either side of this. That said, the facts presented by those who offer "patience" as a response don't exist because patience isn't a fact.

We are as entitled to our point of view as you guys are to yours, but when name-calling enters the fray that's when you've lost your argument.

This will be my last response. If my previous replies don't get my point across then even that was wasted time anyway.

There is really no need to name-call on either side of this. That said, the facts presented by those who offer "patience" as a response don't exist because patience isn't a fact.

We are as entitled to our point of view as you guys are to yours, but when name-calling enters the fray that's when you've lost your argument.

This will be my last response. If my previous replies don't get my point across then even that was wasted time anyway.

If it offers any peace of mind at all, on aug 24 terraria's official twitter said they are targeting a q3 release still, and on sep 6, pipeworks twitter page says that there is currently no change on the expected release timing. Why they chose to say that on twitter and not on this forum thread, or even a new thread i can't say. You would think they would want to say something on here, since this is the article they always point people towards when they ask about the timing. This would probably set alot of peoples minds at rest. They would put out a lot of fires if they were more active in the community. Of course since then, they've also stated that they have no idea when it will be released, so there's that. Still any news is better then none, even if you have to go outside the official channels to find it. It's not an release date, but it's something i guess.......

If it offers any peace of mind at all, on aug 24 terraria's official twitter said they are targeting a q3 release still, and on sep 6, pipeworks twitter page says that there is currently no change on the expected release timing. Why they chose to say that on twitter and not on this forum thread, or even a new thread i can't say. You would think they would want to say something on here, since this is the article they always point people towards when they ask about the timing. This would probably set alot of peoples minds at rest. They would put out a lot of fires if they were more active in the community. Of course since then, they've also stated that they have no idea when it will be released, so there's that. Still any news is better then none, even if you have to go outside the official channels to find it. It's not an release date, but it's something i guess.......
That's good because it's more certain now. We're close to the middle of September with not much news so this is a good sign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom