Console Console 1.3 - An Update on Timing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if it does get delayed again, which wouldn't really surprise me considering the scope of the project Pipeworks is working on

Why is the prospect of a "Spring 2018" release such a bad thing when that really isn't even that far away?

I know that they had to remake the whole coming from a pc prospective but it'd be nice if they would flat out give us a date and stop delaying the game it isnt going to be perfect they could work on it along the way so people would get what they want now and the stress would be relieved off of pipe works back both simple and a win win

I know that they had to remake the whole coming from a pc prospective but it'd be nice if they would flat out give us a date and stop delaying the game it isnt going to be perfect they could work on it along the way so people would get what they want now and the stress would be relieved off of pipe works back both simple and a win win
Yep but then everyone complains about unfixed bugs which probably won't happen to them anyway

Twitch
were do you watch it

It's on twitch Under terrariaofficial. Don't expect alot. They aren't playing 1.3. Just the current version on console. They dedicate the first few minutes of nearly every stream to explaining that they don't have any updated information, and if they did, it will not be released first on the stream. Really just sitting there watching them play with a few people from the community.

NOOOO I MISSED THE STREAM :eek:;(;(
im actually that sad too
[doublepost=1504920069,1504919774][/doublepost]well,maybe next friday:sigh:

Even if it does get delayed again, which wouldn't really surprise me considering the scope of the project Pipeworks is working on

Why is the prospect of a "Spring 2018" release such a bad thing when that really isn't even that far away?

Oh I don't know, maybe its the fact that this thing has been in development for over a year now and people have a short patience for something they don't understand. It's also becoming a thing now to say "The 1.3 update is coming to console and mobile in Q3 of 20017" or some absurd date because they're becoming impatient.

When you wait a year and then expect something then you realise it's gonna be pushed back even further and further then it is bad. You've waited so long just to get news that you're gonna wait even longer. It's degrading and still makes it feel like we will never get this update

Consider this: 505 is working on updating the store pages for 1.3 (as the little misshap with the xbox one store shows). They wouldn't do this unless they are almost done. They may have already submitted the update to Sony/Microsoft for certification. As that process takes 1-3 weeks (and can fail) they won't tell us about it to not get our hopes up. But in 1-2 weeks, 505 will know whether it passes or not. They will then announce either a release date or a delay.

Can't we just stop complaining until then?

Consider this: 505 is working on updating the store pages for 1.3 (as the little misshap with the xbox one store shows). They wouldn't do this unless they are almost done. They may have already submitted the update to Sony/Microsoft for certification. As that process takes 1-3 weeks (and can fail) they won't tell us about it to not get our hopes up. But in 1-2 weeks, 505 will know whether it passes or not. They will then announce either a release date or a delay.

Can't we just stop complaining until then?

I understand the overall message you're trying to make, but certification generally doesn't take anywhere near as long anymore. However, given this is a complete rework of the game, it is likely Sony will take more time reviewing it. Will it still take that long? I'd say 2 weeks max.

For reference: Fortnite, Don't Starve, and Ark all posted updates within days of each other for an extended period of time. Fortnite is still doing it as we speak, so the certification process is far more simple than it once was.

That all said, if store pages are being updated as it appears then we likely will be seeing the update soon. Until such a time as we have a date, you can't honestly expect people to not complain. It's gamer nature to complain and cause a fuss. If not for this, then the sequel to Terraria. It's an endless cycle.

Oh I don't know, maybe its the fact that this thing has been in development for over a year now and people have a short patience for something they don't understand. It's also becoming a thing now to say "The 1.3 update is coming to console and mobile in Q3 of 20017" or some absurd date because they're becoming impatient.

When a delay starts being measured in months, it's no longer an issue of impatience. When the company fails to provide any information regarding the update after severe delays, while the deadline they set slowly creeps up, the community is not showing impatience by asking for more information. At this point we don't even know if they have sent it for certification yet, or when they plan to. So people are going to assume the worst. The closer we get to the end of q3 with no new information, the more likely it seems they will delay it again.

When a delay starts being measured in months, it's no longer an issue of impatience. When the company fails to provide any information regarding the update after severe delays, while the deadline they set slowly creeps up, the community is not showing impatience by asking for more information. At this point we don't even know if they have sent it for certification yet, or when they plan to. So people are going to assume the worst. The closer we get to the end of q3 with no new information, the more likely it seems they will delay it again.

A lot of people here are unwilling to admit that if someone said that they might go to Disney World sometime around Spring and then that didn't happen, but they said it'd take another couple of months at the most to earn the money to go that the individual who got their hopes up would be rightfully disappointed when those few months were fixing to come and go without anything else mentioned about the topic.

Teasing your fans is only good when you haven't let them down already.

Last edited:
spore had several delays and it was great,(i think people dont know that yet)so if this update had only a few then it will be great too
if you are inpatient or mad or anything about the delays,i suggest that you just play it on computer and plug your playstation,or xbox controller into the computer
if you don't have a computer and typing this by using a console,then calm down.Its not the end of the world :D
[doublepost=1504988971,1504988802][/doublepost]if it was the end then come see me
and i toootally didnt do it:naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom