Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could stand next to the nurse with autopause on and keep healing. That way you can also check to see if it's recorded every time you speak to her.
[doublepost=1523362098,1523361864][/doublepost]@Loki speaking of the wiki being wrong: it says that the horned god set is available from the Travelling Merchant, but I've yet to see it. Is it true?

I've been checking the traveling merchant every time he comes (unless I'm stuck in a time-sensitive item/mob hunt that I can't get away from) and I have yet to see the horned god set, either. I've seen the dragon armor several times, the spectral armor once, and the titan armor three or four times, but never the horned god set. Thankfully I had a set from mechanical boss drops from before the update.

I haven't seen him offering the team blocks, either.

The strange dyes seem to be working fine for me. My new summoner character is wearing the lunar cultist robe, lunatic cultist mask, and Cenx's wings, all with the negative dye on them and it looks very cool.

Last edited:
Hi, sad to report that ever since the 1.3 update I haven't really gone back to play multiplayer with my 2 daughters (10 & 6) on the PS4, just because the UI is unusable. At least for us. It's too small, unclear and just too much like hard work (esp in multiplayer). And Terraria used to be our favourite game - we were always on it.

Now I realise it's matter of personal preference (I bet lots of ppl are fine with the new UI), and I understand the reason for the 1.3 update, but every time there's a patch for PS4 I load it up full of hope, checking to see if a 'console UI' option has been added. Obviously it hasn't. At least not yet.

So my question is... do you think there'll ever be an option to use a console-type interface similar to what used to exist? Or should I give up on my hopes and dreams and move on...?

Hi, sad to report that ever since the 1.3 update I haven't really gone back to play multiplayer with my 2 daughters (10 & 6) on the PS4, just because the UI is unusable. At least for us. It's too small, unclear and just too much like hard work (esp in multiplayer). And Terraria used to be our favourite game - we were always on it.

Now I realise it's matter of personal preference (I bet lots of ppl are fine with the new UI), and I understand the reason for the 1.3 update, but every time there's a patch for PS4 I load it up full of hope, checking to see if a 'console UI' option has been added. Obviously it hasn't. At least not yet.

So my question is... do you think there'll ever be an option to use a console-type interface similar to what used to exist? Or should I give up on my hopes and dreams and move on...?
They've already said they're not bringing it back. Which aspects of the UI are you having trouble with?

Probably the same problem as the rest of us... Too small, too transparent, and can't read anything without squinting through a magnifying glass.

I could handle the new UI better if it was at least more visible. Engine spoiled us with the old UI, honestly.

Engine spoiled us with the old UI, honestly.
True, but they also got a lot wrong. I think on the whole the new UI is better, but, as you say, it needs to be more visible. I think the reason it's so small is to make build-mode more usable; imagine if it took up the whole screen while you're trying to build something.

Probably the same problem as the rest of us... Too small, too transparent, and can't read anything without squinting through a magnifying glass.

I could handle the new UI better if it was at least more visible. Engine spoiled us with the old UI, honestly.

Old UI coming back? No.

Changes to the existing one? Yes. I know that transparency (both the zoom bug and more) is of particular focus.

force you into using a 3rd party to find information that should be in the game

Been playing since 1.0.6 - on a given play, I might consult the wiki maybe 5 times at most - whether on PC or console - and usually it has to do with something pretty obscure. I am sure there are things I missed along the way (on my last play, I discovered a handful of new things), but that is part of the discovery and variety that makes Terraria worth more than a single min/max playthrough. Once you gain experience in the game, you pretty much know the "core progression" recipes, and AT LEAST can recall a component (which makes the Guide able to remind you of what you are missing).

I get it, it is way easier to have a giant recipe book with everything jotted down for you - even items you had no idea existed. All I am doing is explaining the rationale that the team has in the intent of the design. You can disagree with that, and that's fine - everyone is entitled to their opinion on the topic.

Old UI coming back? No.

Changes to the existing one? Yes. I know that transparency (both the zoom bug and more) is of particular focus.

Never said I wanted the old one back. I can work with the new one. I just wish it was easier to see. Very much looking forward to the fix for the transparency issue once the coding-flypaper has done its job getting the bugs out

Never said I wanted the old one back. I can work with the new one. I just wish it was easier to see. Very much looking forward to the fix for the transparency issue once the coding-flypaper has done its job getting the bugs out

Yeah, sorry, quoted you but was answering several posts at once. Not all from you. I tend to do that, bad habit. :p

Yeah, sorry, quoted you but was answering several posts at once. Not all from you. I tend to do that, bad habit. :p

'S ok ^_^

Up to seven pinkies killed... I know I've killed a lot more than that (I have a stack of almost 800 pink gel and that's after making six pink gel dye) but the multiplayer tally counter reset bug screwed me out of a good dozen. Think I have just shy of a full dozen The Grooms... Hard to tell because they're rare and it's hard to see the count before my summon kills four more things. Not sure how many The Brides I'm up to. Currently I'm farming ice golems to get their banner. Still trying for the enchanted sword and crimson axe off and on.

'S ok ^_^

Up to seven pinkies killed... I know I've killed a lot more than that (I have a stack of almost 800 pink gel and that's after making six pink gel dye) but the multiplayer tally counter reset bug screwed me out of a good dozen. Think I have just shy of a full dozen The Grooms... Hard to tell because they're rare and it's hard to see the count before my summon kills four more things. Not sure how many The Brides I'm up to. Currently I'm farming ice golems to get their banner. Still trying for the enchanted sword and crimson axe off and on.
Was this meant for another thread? :D

Was this meant for another thread? :D

Looks fine where it is to me. This is a feedback thread, and I'm still trying to get back my count of rare creature kills because of a bug where switching from single player to multiplayer and back resets the tally counter.

I can even understand the (re)logic behind the transparency; build mode would be difficult without it. Do you think you could ask the programmers if can be toggled on/off when R3 is clicked in build mode? That way it could be even more transparent when you need it and not at all transparent when you don't.

Looks fine where it is to me. This is a feedback thread, and I'm still trying to get back my count of rare creature kills because of a bug where switching from single player to multiplayer and back resets the tally counter.
Ok I understand now. Sorry I got confused. You were talking about the UI, then started to talk about how many couples you killed. (If you take away the Terraria part of it)

The tally counters reset every time you reload the game too.

Ok I understand now. Sorry I got confused. You were talking about the UI, then started to talk about how many couples you killed. (If you take away the Terraria part of it)

The tally counters reset every time you reload the game too.

My counts haven't reset since the last time I played MP. Last time I was playing co-op, my friend and I were doing Moon Lord kills and the tally counter was resetting every time we restarted the lunar events even though neither of us left the world, no saving and exiting, just kill Moon Lord, let the cultists respawn, and kill them again. I have now killed over 2,700 brain suckers (nebula pillar enemies) and the count has not reset. It changes between different worlds, but I haven't had a counter reset since my last MP session

Me too; I'd be onto my second The Groom & Tim by now.

The Bride doesn't have a banner.

I don't even have my first banner for The Groom or Tim XP Also on a quest to get all of the slime banners but pinky is going to take forever.

Explains why she appears on the lifeform analyzer but not the tally counter.

Last edited:
My counts haven't reset since the last time I played MP. Last time I was playing co-op, my friend and I were doing Moon Lord kills and the tally counter was resetting every time we restarted the lunar events even though neither of us left the world, no saving and exiting, just kill Moon Lord, let the cultists respawn, and kill them again. I have now killed over 2,700 brain suckers (vortex pillar enemies) and the count has not reset. It changes between different worlds, but I haven't had a counter reset since my last MP session
That's... odd. I would report that if you haven't yet. To me it sounds like a data overflow error. But I doubt those are even possible anymore.

That's... odd. I would report that if you haven't yet. To me it sounds like a data overflow error. But I doubt those are even possible anymore.

I did report it. Loki and I were discussing it for half a page of posts a while back. They know about it. It just didn't make it into the last round of bug fixes so hopefully it'll be in the next round. I want to do some co-op Golem farming for the dev sets in my expert world but not if the kill count keeps resetting. It makes getting rare banners next to impossible.

Where are you farming for it?

No specific where or when. It's a rare surface/underground spawn and sometimes appears in slime rain. Whenever my lifeform analyzer detects it, I hunt it down and kill it. But it is really, really rare. Rarer in hardmode b/c the hardmode spawns take up most of the spawn chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom