Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No specific where or when. It's a rare surface/underground spawn and sometimes appears in slime rain. Whenever my lifeform analyzer detects it, I hunt it down and kill it. But it is really, really rare. Rarer in hardmode b/c the hardmode spawns take up most of the spawn chances.
I know it's rare, but I have four of them now. I did this by summoning some minions, going to the jungle, floating in the air in a mount, and then turn off the telly and go for a pint somewhere. I've now built farms for everything so it's now even more efficient.

I know it's rare, but I have four of them now. I did this by summoning some minions, going to the jungle, floating in the air in a mount, and then turn off the telly and go for a pint somewhere. I've now built farms for everything so it's now even more efficient.
To improve on this, I would set up a tiny box to stand in, and run hoiks along the ground that are actuated on a 3 second timer. This gives both loot and coins. Then it's possible to go off and get as many drinks as need be.

To improve on this, I would set up a tiny box to stand in, and run hoiks along the ground that are actuated on a 3 second timer. This gives both loot and coins. Then it's possible to go off and get as many drinks as need be.
I've got all the loot and coins I need, I was just hunting purely banners, which I needed an empty inventory for. I've since built AFK farms for every item in the game, which I now run when needed. I haven't made the move to hardmode yet as I'm still building arenas, but I'm only lacking 3 hardmore banners anyway - Rune Wizard, Basilisk (which doesn't drop sue to a bug, and Desert Spirit - and then I've got every banner in the game. Except Crawltipede, but that's also due to a bug.

PEOPLE!! Please take a second to hep me out! I'm having an issue with pirate invasions phasing in & out and I was hoping some (or all) of you could try and recreate the same issue. Basically, create an arena with 2 NPC houses, away from the middle of the map AND your main NPC village (my arena was for Martian madness, but I'm testing it with pirates). Summon the invasion and watch what happens. I'm looking for two main issues:
  1. The event music fades in and out, with the standard biome music playing over it, or a mix of the two
  2. The progress bar in the bottom right of the screen disappearing and reappearing
Examples of both are in this video:

Once you have - or have not - seen this issue in your own world, please click the yes/no button in this poll (link below):

https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/invasions-phasing-in-and-out.68576/

Thanks everyone!!

Old UI coming back? No.
Changes to the existing one? Yes. I know that transparency (both the zoom bug and more) is of particular focus.

I look forward to the changes. The transparency is a killer on multiplayer, because everything is so small anyway (given the split screen) and the background is usually quite busy. Often you just want a bit of sky so you can read the text.

How about an option to have the inventory/crafting UI on a plain background? So no transparency. Just completely hide the game world view. When I'm playing with my daughters, we don't usually care what's going on in the world when we're making things. Just a thought.

PEOPLE!! Please take a second to hep me out! I'm having an issue with pirate invasions phasing in & out and I was hoping some (or all) of you could try and recreate the same issue. Basically, create an arena with 2 NPC houses, away from the middle of the map AND your main NPC village (my arena was for Martian madness, but I'm testing it with pirates). Summon the invasion and watch what happens. I'm looking for two main issues:
  1. The event music fades in and out, with the standard biome music playing over it, or a mix of the two
  2. The progress bar in the bottom right of the screen disappearing and reappearing
Examples of both are in this video:

Once you have - or have not - seen this issue in your own world, please click the yes/no button in this poll (link below):

https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/invasions-phasing-in-and-out.68576/

Thanks everyone!!

Pretty sure you have to be near/close to your central spawn for the enemies to pop. Likely you are on the edge of that, so it is fading in and out. That's my initial thought. What are your GPS co-ordinates?

Pretty sure you have to be near/close to your central spawn for the enemies to pop. Likely you are on the edge of that, so it is fading in and out. That's my initial thought. What are your GPS co-ordinates?
I'm WAY out near the coast, but the wiki says it need to be in the centre OR have a valid NPC house. When I do one above my NPC village it works fine.

If you have extra pinky banners, I will happily trade for one.

Near world spawn or near a valid NPC house. My Moon Lord arena is on the far right of my world at the dungeon, and I have the Nurse housed there. That's also where I fight all my Martian invasions. If I get too far away from the Nurse then the progress bar and music fade out, but when I get closer to where she is the invasion resumes. It only vanishes entirely if she gets killed, then I have to go back to world spawn to finish the event.

I'm WAY out near the coast, but the wiki says it need to be in the centre OR have a valid NPC house. When I do one above my NPC village it works fine.

If you have extra pinky banners, I will happily trade for one.

Near world spawn or near a valid NPC house. My Moon Lord arena is on the far right of my world at the dungeon, and I have the Nurse housed there. That's also where I fight all my Martian invasions. If I get too far away from the Nurse then the progress bar and music fade out, but when I get closer to where she is the invasion resumes. It only vanishes entirely if she gets killed, then I have to go back to world spawn to finish the event.

I will ask our devs - I have to assume it is some sort of confusion between having two big NPC spots vs your spawn, etc... but they will know how it is supposed to be.

I will ask our devs - I have to assume it is some sort of confusion between having two big NPC spots vs your spawn, etc... but they will know how it is supposed to be.

I just assumed there's a certain radius around an NPC house, and once you get outside that radius the conditions for the event are no longer valid. So the progress bar disappears and the enemies stop spawning until you get inside that radius. But the devs will know better than I do.

I just assumed there's a certain radius around an NPC house, and once you get outside that radius the conditions for the event are no longer valid. So the progress bar disappears and the enemies stop spawning until you get inside that radius. But the devs will know better than I do.

Ok - got to the bottom of how it all works (tldr; not a bug)

For invasions, spawns have a chance to occur at any place where an NPC is housed. The more NPCs in one location, therefore, the more spawns likely to appear there. The music/bar are triggered by active spawns being at a given location - in this instance, because you have one central base that has 90% of the NPCs and this edge base that has 1-2, you are getting sporadic spawns there (which pops the bar/music) and then when you kill them before other sporadic spawns can occur, the bar/music vanishes. Rinse and repeat.

Ok - got to the bottom of how it all works (tldr; not a bug)

For invasions, spawns have a chance to occur at any place where an NPC is housed. The more NPCs in one location, therefore, the more spawns likely to appear there. The music/bar are triggered by active spawns being at a given location - in this instance, because you have one central base that has 90% of the NPCs and this edge base that has 1-2, you are getting sporadic spawns there (which pops the bar/music) and then when you kill them before other sporadic spawns can occur, the bar/music vanishes. Rinse and repeat.

The bar and music vanish for me when I reach a certain distance away from the housed NPC. When I'm in the immediate vicinity even if there's a lull in spawns the bar is still there and the music still plays. But when I chase strays beyond a certain point, the normal biome music comes back in and the bar vanishes. That's why I assumed there was a radius around the NPC where an event can occur. I can almost pinpoint the edge of that area down to within a few blocks.

The bar and music vanish for me when I reach a certain distance away from the housed NPC. When I'm in the immediate vicinity even if there's a lull in spawns the bar is still there and the music still plays. But when I chase strays beyond a certain point, the normal biome music comes back in and the bar vanishes. That's why I assumed there was a radius around the NPC where an event can occur. I can almost pinpoint the edge of that area down to within a few blocks.

I would have to again defer to the devs on that, but that would seem to fit the same basic construct: you need to be at some form of base and with active enemies for the bar/music to pop.

I would have to again defer to the devs on that, but that would seem to fit the same basic construct: you need to be at some form of base and with active enemies for the bar/music to pop.

And when you get too far away, then there's no NPC so the conditions for an invasion are no longer met and it stops 'til you get close to an NPC again. It fits.

Just what I've observed through my farming of the Martian invasion for almost two weeks straight.

Last edited:
I am, you could have had one otherwise. Personally I prefer earning them; I've only got Rune Wizard left to get, as Basilisk & Crawltipede don't drop one yet.

Been trying. But pinky is just so freaking rare, and I want to co-op farm with my friends. But if I do that then the counter will reset again. I'm only back up to 7 pinkies. I would have twice that if not for that stupid bug. Getting one on my own will take until this time next year at this rate. I haven't even seen a pinky in the slime rain for over a month IRL

Been trying. But pinky is just so freaking rare, and I want to co-op farm with my friends. But if I do that then the counter will reset again. I'm only back up to 7 pinkies. I would have twice that if not for that stupid bug. Getting one on my own will take until this time next year at this rate. I haven't even seen a pinky in the slime rain for over a month IRL
Do you have a flying mount and Stardust Cell/UFO minions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom