Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you clarify? The Tutorial box does work?
I can confirm it's possible to craft Music Box (Tutorial) on Xbox as well. Interestingly none of the music boxes that are the ingredients have the 'material' tag. Also, the resulting music box have a modifier, which disappears once it have been placed in the world.
Crafting Tutorial Music Box 1.png Crafting Tutorial Music Box 2.png

I can confirm it's possible to craft Music Box (Tutorial) on Xbox as well. Interestingly none of the music boxes that are the ingredients have the 'material' tag. Also, the resulting music box have a modifier, which disappears once it have been placed in the world.
View attachment 197741 View attachment 197742
Completely unrelated, but I noticed you have two lava tanks for your liquid duplication; did you know you can make crispy honey blocks with a standard honey block at a furnace? Now you only need one of each liquid tank. It's a great space saver.

Completely unrelated, but I noticed you have two lava tanks for your liquid duplication; did you know you can make crispy honey blocks with a standard honey block at a furnace? Now you only need one of each liquid tank. It's a great space saver.
No, I didn't know that. Thanks for the tip! :)

That's my old base that was built when 1.2 came out (there are a lot oddities in that world), and my first attempt at building a liquid duplicator that can produce all kinds of blocks.

Yes it does, but it can't be crafted with the old space music.

Thanks.

Can you give me a synopsis here? Hard to follow.

1. You can craft the Tutorial Box
2. The Recipe has changed
3. The Guide does not show this recipe in his list

Accurate?

Thanks.

Can you give me a synopsis here? Hard to follow.

1. You can craft the Tutorial Box
2. The Recipe has changed
3. The Guide does not show this recipe in his list

Accurate?
1) Yes you can
2) The old-gen music for space can no longer be recorded, but the new space music works
3) He does, but only once you place a recipe ingredient in his box.
But you don't know the recipe until he tells you.
But he can't tell you the recipe until you already know it.
But you don't know the recipe until he tells you
But you don't know the recipe until he tells you.

And on, and on, and on...

...because the new UI has no in-game recipes. This means looking on the wiki, which in this case was wrong (it stated the tutorial box was old-gen only), which started this whole music box conversation in the first place.

He can. He will show you every single item that you can create with anything you put in his window that is marked as a "material" - that is the original intent of the design: that crafting would become as much of a journey of discovery as digging into caves and chests.

I'll have folks try it out on the QA side.

He can. He will show you every single item that you can create with anything you put in his window that is marked as a "material" - that is the original intent of the design: that crafting would become as much of a journey of discovery as digging into caves and chests.

r4v1n6 mentioned that none of the boxes used to create the tutorial box have the "material" tag. Thus the Guide won't show any recipes attached to them because they're not listed as a material (and things that aren't materials won't even go into his crafting box if my experience is anything to go by). However, the tutorial box itself does have that material tag. Which is pretty useless if the Guide can only show you the recipe after you've already crafted the thing. Which is the problem if I'm understanding this conversation correctly.

I myself have no experience with music boxes, but I would like to know if there's a way to record the Moon Lord music without getting absolutely destroyed by him in the process. Dying 10 seconds into the fight won't help with recording music.

I really don’t like how the crafting has changed and how all the information on items when you hover over them covers half the screen and gets in the way of everything else. When you’re holding a block I don’t like how you have changed the old yellow highlight over the block to a really faint white grid because it makes it really hard to count blocks so when building anything your measurements are always off. You NEED to fix this your trying to make it to much like the computer version and you should add UI scaling so people don’t spend hours fiddling with their TV settings

But that's my point; you can't look up a recipe for an item unless you already know what's in it. Before, we could just scroll though the item list an it would be there, and we could then go and hunt/gather the items like a little quest. We never had to put the controller down to log onto a separate machine just to find out what's needed. The sense of immersion was a nice feature.

I myself have no experience with music boxes, but I would like to know if there's a way to record the Moon Lord music without getting absolutely destroyed by him in the process. Dying 10 seconds into the fight won't help with recording music.
You could stand next to the nurse with autopause on and keep healing. That way you can also check to see if it's recorded every time you speak to her.
[doublepost=1523362098,1523361864][/doublepost]@Loki speaking of the wiki being wrong: it says that the horned god set is available from the Travelling Merchant, but I've yet to see it. Is it true?

r4v1n6 mentioned that none of the boxes used to create the tutorial box have the "material" tag. Thus the Guide won't show any recipes attached to them because they're not listed as a material (and things that aren't materials won't even go into his crafting box if my experience is anything to go by). However, the tutorial box itself does have that material tag. Which is pretty useless if the Guide can only show you the recipe after you've already crafted the thing. Which is the problem if I'm understanding this conversation correctly.

Ah - thank you. I was completely confused as well. THAT clears up the issue, will let the QA folks know. :)

you can't look up a recipe for an item unless you already know what's in it.

Right - that's the sense of exploration that I am talking about. Rather than looking up some master list in game and saying "I'm gonna make X Sword", its "hey I got X drop and it says "Material" on it... I wonder what I can make from this?" - you embark on that same quest, there is just a sense of discovery in the latter. I totally get that having "all recipes" makes things easier - I am just explaining the rationale for the actual core game vision (vs the crutch put in by Engine ages ago).

@Loki speaking of the wiki being wrong: it says that the horned god set is available from the Travelling Merchant, but I've yet to see it. Is it true?

Should be? I am not sure what the appearance rate was set at though. I haven't seen it yet (though, admittedly, I am bad at warping back to check when he spawns), but I will keep an eye out.

Ah - thank you. I was completely confused as well. THAT clears up the issue, will let the QA folks know. :)
Ok I'm gonna confuse matters a bit more! :p

If you put down the music boxes (desert,space,boss 4,ocean,snow) that's used to make the tutorial music box in the world and then pick them up again, they will regain the "material" tag. If you take them to the guide he will tell you the recipe for the tutorial music box.

HOWEVER If you put the music boxes that's used to make the tutorial music box in a chest and then save & exit. The next time you look at them they will have no "material" tag. If you take them to the guide he refuses to accept the music boxes so you can't see the recipe (you can still craft the tutorial music box though).

The tutorial music box behaves pretty much the opposite; If you stick it in a chest and then save & exit, it will get the "material" tag. (If you bring it to the guide he will then show an empty recipe that requires the crystal ball.)
If you put it down in the world and then pick it up again, it will lose the "material" tag (and any modifier).
[doublepost=1523370838,1523370723][/doublepost]
Anyone else notice that dyes don't work on Yoraiz0r's Spell?
Yeah, there are several dyes that broke in the latest xbox update. They are aware of it.

Ok I'm gonna confuse matters a bit more! :p

If you put down the music boxes (desert,space,boss 4,ocean,snow) that's used to make the tutorial music box in the world and then pick them up again, they will regain the "material" tag. If you take them to the guide he will tell you the recipe for the tutorial music box.

HOWEVER If you put the music boxes that's used to make the tutorial music box in a chest and then save & exit. The next time you look at them they will have no "material" tag. If you take them to the guide he refuses to accept the music boxes so you can't see the recipe (you can still craft the tutorial music box though).

The tutorial music box behaves pretty much the opposite; If you stick it in a chest and then save & exit, it will get the "material" tag. (If you bring it to the guide he will then show an empty recipe that requires the crystal ball.)
If you put it down in the world and then pick it up again, it will lose the "material" tag (and any modifier).
[doublepost=1523370838,1523370723][/doublepost]
Yeah, there are several dyes that broke in the latest xbox update. They are aware of it.
Do the dyes not work on certain items or no items at all?

Do the dyes not work on certain items or no items at all?
Wait, maybe I misunderstood your issue. To my knowledge most if not all "Strange Plant" dyes doesn't work properly. They do color items but in the wrong way. That was discovered like 5 minutes after the latest update was released on Xbox.

Are you saying there's no dye effect at all on Yoraiz0r's Spell no matter which dye is used? If so that's a new issue, and you should probably report it.

Wait, maybe I misunderstood your issue. To my knowledge most if not all "Strange Plant" dyes doesn't work properly. They do color items but in the wrong way. That was discovered like 5 minutes after the latest update was released on Xbox.

Are you saying there's no dye effect at all on Yoraiz0r's Spell no matter which dye is used? If so that's a new issue, and you should probably report it.
Well I don't believe that I attempted to use standard dyes on the accessory. I'll try when I get home, I'll then leave a more detailed report afterwards.

Right - that's the sense of exploration that I am talking about. Rather than looking up some master list in game and saying "I'm gonna make X Sword", its "hey I got X drop and it says "Material" on it... I wonder what I can make from this?" - you embark on that same quest, there is just a sense of discovery in the latter. I totally get that having "all recipes" makes things easier - I am just explaining the rationale for the actual core game vision (vs the crutch put in by Engine ages ago).
That's an extraordinarily naive view. The wiki exists, so the reality is that the changes to the way recipes work only make things an annoying hassle and force you into using a 3rd party to find information that should be in the game. Why go through the effort to take things to the guide and wade through that whole mess of UI when I could just look up the items instead (And I would guess 99.99999% of PC players just alt-tab to the wiki while playing)

Also the way you describe it (finding a material and wondering what you can make with it) was exactly how it actually worked previously, since you would need to have a material to "unlock" the items in your recipe list, it had the benefit of also being useful and convenient instead of the new "annoying, nonsensical and intentionally obfuscatory" system. Why not change it to working similarly, show an item to the guide (since you're so married to that clunky mess of a system of unintuitive UI) and then that unlocks the related recipes, wouldn't my character write down the recipes once they've learnt them?

That's an extraordinarily naive view. The wiki exists, so the reality is that the changes to the way recipes work only make things an annoying hassle and force you into using a 3rd party to find information that should be in the game. Why go through the effort to take things to the guide and wade through that whole mess of UI when I could just look up the items instead (And I would guess 99.99999% of PC players just alt-tab to the wiki while playing)

Also the way you describe it (finding a material and wondering what you can make with it) was exactly how it actually worked previously, since you would need to have a material to "unlock" the items in your recipe list, it had the benefit of also being useful and convenient instead of the new "annoying, nonsensical and intentionally obfuscatory" system. Why not change it to working similarly, show an item to the guide (since you're so married to that clunky mess of a system of unintuitive UI) and then that unlocks the related recipes, wouldn't my character write down the recipes once they've learnt them?
"Writing down the recipes" would technically be your job as the player. As your character is supposed to represent you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom