Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made an account just to request a fix to the UI.
So, I saw that you won't be reverting back to the old one, okay. Fine, I'll accept this... If changes are made to the new one.
The UI the console versions has now does not suit the console at all; it was made for the Pc version.
Apparently you'll fix the transparency, but I don't think this is will be enough. More needs to be done- A new UI needs to be created. The current one just won't cut it, look at the old one and see what they did right, and implement those things into a new one.

The UI is literally the only problem I have with the game at the moment, and is the sole reason I refuse to play until it's fixed. Until then, I'll be sticking with the old console game.

Made an account just to request a fix to the UI.
So, I saw that you won't be reverting back to the old one, okay. Fine, I'll accept this... If changes are made to the new one.
The UI the console versions has now does not suit the console at all; it was made for the Pc version.
Apparently you'll fix the transparency, but I don't think this is will be enough. More needs to be done- A new UI needs to be created. The current one just won't cut it, look at the old one and see what they did right, and implement those things into a new one.

The UI is literally the only problem I have with the game at the moment, and is the sole reason I refuse to play until it's fixed. Until then, I'll be sticking with the old console game.
The more they deviate from the PC version, the longer we have to wait for future updates. The UI is actually better in a lot of ways, it just takes some getting used to. There are a few tweaks they could make in terms of how it's navigated with a controller as opposed to a mouse though.

I think they should focus on getting the bugs & oversights fixed, so they can bring us 1.3.1 ASAP.

I'm fairly used to the new UI. I frequently find myself tabbing the wrong way through it, but I did that all the time in the old version, too. It's the transparency issue that's irritating the snot out of me. And the fact that the cursor keeps resetting back to the top left corner of the UI instead of staying where you left it when you tabbed to one of the other menus.

@Loki is there any word on whether or not the invasions should be phasing in and out, as we discussed? Thanks.

Yeah, responded a few pages back - may have been lost in the other posts. See below.

Ok - got to the bottom of how it all works (tldr; not a bug)

For invasions, spawns have a chance to occur at any place where an NPC is housed. The more NPCs in one location, therefore, the more spawns likely to appear there. The music/bar are triggered by active spawns being at a given location - in this instance, because you have one central base that has 90% of the NPCs and this edge base that has 1-2, you are getting sporadic spawns there (which pops the bar/music) and then when you kill them before other sporadic spawns can occur, the bar/music vanishes. Rinse and repeat.

Yeah, responded a few pages back - may have been lost in the other posts. See below.
That's really helpful, thanks. It doesn't say any of that on the wiki; is there no policing that thing..?

Do you know how many NPC's I need to stop it happening altogether?

Trying to find a tutorial on YouTube to rig up a semi-auto Frost Moon farm so I can get the late-wave rare drops. I want something like what @ED209 showed off in the vid of Queen Bee randomly spawning. But all the vids I've found are people showing off the completed build... I need one showing how to build it because I have no clue how otherwise.

Trying to find a tutorial on YouTube to rig up a semi-auto Frost Moon farm so I can get the late-wave rare drops. I want something like what @ED209 showed off in the vid of Queen Bee randomly spawning. But all the vids I've found are people showing off the completed build... I need one showing how to build it because I have no clue how otherwise.
I will try and post one soon; do you have a Horseman's Blade?

I will try and post one soon; do you have a Horseman's Blade?

I have six of them. Two reforged legendary. I can't figure out the wiring or how to set up the statues, or even know how many I need. It's stuff I can't get my head around without a step-by-step guide.

Also trying to figure out how you were managing to do over 20k dps in the video. Even with all the right accessories and potions I'm not doing anywhere close.

I like a lot about This update but I feel you made it too much like the PC. For example the words are so tiny when events like blood moon happens I barely notice. And the stats for items are overplayed onto other items which is also annoying when you are sitting across a room rather then right in front of a monitor. Also i don’t like the fact the when using bows, boomerangs, hooks, and other long ranged things the cursor is able to go to the very edge of the screen. I’m sure that makes it better on PC with a mouse but it makes it extremely difficult to aim at things that aren’t at the edge of your screen. Hope this helps, console should be console and PC, PC.

As far as I know, that is just a general "catch all" crash code on PS4. Is it isolated to one given world or does it occur to you on multiple worlds? If the former, have you sent that world into PW before?
The crash issue which shuts down the program completely is getting more and more frequent, and it sometimes happens after I've only been playing for ten minutes or so. Will it be fixed in the next patch? Is that being released soon?

The crash issue which shuts down the program completely is getting more and more frequent, and it sometimes happens after I've only been playing for ten minutes or so. Will it be fixed in the next patch? Is that being released soon?

Again, that is a generic crash issue/code, so it could be really any crash cause - I know they have addressed several crash issues in the patch, as they have in all of the past ones... but I am not sure that I can definitively say one way or the other (if that makes sense).

Not trying to deflect or make excuses, I just simply don't know. :(

Again, that is a generic crash issue/code, so it could be really any crash cause - I know they have addressed several crash issues in the patch, as they have in all of the past ones... but I am not sure that I can definitively say one way or the other (if that makes sense).

And do you know when the next patch is due out?

It's happened four times since I last posted about it.

Hey there, on Xbox One here.

Has the multiplayer FPS issue been discussed? So far it is the most gamebreaking bug and making progress extremely difficult, and frustrating. After about 4 playthroughs I've noticed that going anywhere near hell causes a significant frame drop. After making the world hardmode, most of the underground begins to see a small frame drop, which is noticeable at all times in multiplayer. The Jungle becomes unbearable after the mech bosses are defeated and chlorophite spawns. Fighting Plantera with 2-3 players becomes extremely difficult as the FPS drops are constant throughout the fight, which is quite tough on expert with multiple players. Frames also drop significantly if the players stray too far from the host, making it feel like we're tethered to the host. This was less of an issue in Normal Mode, but Hardmode makes it impossible to be 2000+ft away from the host without severe stuttering.

What I'm getting at is, are there any patches planned to fix this in the future? The last patch was in March I believe? I can't see these issues having been missed during general testing, as they are prevalent, even in single player. If you go to the Underworld, you WILL see a significant drop in FPS no matter who you are. I realize you guys did some testing, but I remember the comment about release a quality product, and taking the time to do so. This is not quality. As much as I appreciate the time and effort put into porting Terraria, the release of 1.3 was rough to say the least.

Wishing you guys the best, and sorry for the harsh words.

-Jessy

And do you know when the next patch is due out?

I don't have a date, no. I know its being worked on still. Hopefully, PW can provide that detail soon.

It's happened four times since I last posted about it.

Yeah, not making light of your issue at all - just saying I have no direct way to give any more specifics. Is it on every character, every world at this point? Consistently 15m or is it mostly longer timeframes? Does it occur no matter what you are doing?

Has the multiplayer FPS issue been discussed? So far it is the most gamebreaking bug and making progress extremely difficult, and frustrating. After about 4 playthroughs I've noticed that going anywhere near hell causes a significant frame drop.

Yes, it has been discussed - clearly its an issue, especially the underworld stutter. Not sure what PW has in store, but I do know that it is a known issue at this point.

the release of 1.3 was rough to say the least.

No disagreement there - we at Re-Logic have learned quite a bit about the test/devkit vs retail/live environments ourselves with this (remember that we have limited experience in the whole console realm). Clearly had anyone at the R-L team seen it, we would have flagged it as a launch blocker.

As for what is in store for fixes, I would have to defer to PW on that - they are best positioned to know what is and is not fixed in the current fix wave that is underway.

Ok, this might be asking a lot, but you should bring back the old console UI and update it for the people who are used to it and not accustomed to the PC UI, which, I might add, is still a bit unfitting for the console version.

Like, you can't even view buff icons, for example. You can barely see them, you can't read them, and there's no timer that shows up to tell you how long you have till it's gone. The inventory screen can be a bit too tiny for the PC inventory screen when playing with 2 players or more. And, not to mention, mapping custom controls is a bit hard because you can barely see what icon your on, and selecting the button you want can screw up other buttons and it should tell you that you've messed up your controls.

A Suggestion:
I think that you should be able to save multiple controls because you are limited to how many buttons and functions you can use at the same time.

Creating new characters can be a pain as well because you have to CREATE THE COLOR YOURSELF! It was much eiser with the console UI because it GAVE YOU COLORS! Now it's a lot harder to make the perfect character.

Another Suggestion:
I think you should put in a section/option that only shows the "regular" colors for skin, eyes, and hair. Like, eye color for example: blue, green, brown, hazel, gray, black. Skin: lighter to darker. Hair: Brown, Black, Blond. You get what I mean right?

I'm sure you may find other flaws with the current UI and will try to fix them, hopefully my suggestion will help.

PS4 user here. When I play single player off line, everything now seems to be working. There may be some minor issues I am overlooking because compared to what was going on previously they are nothing. However, whenever I go online and play multiplayer mode, join someone's world, accept an invite, etc., the game crashes every time. Maybe crash is not the correct term but I am kicked out of the world every single time after a few minutes of play. I thought the online multiplayer issues had been resolved.

I have everything from the Pumpkin Moon...

...except, apparently, the scarecrow costume pants. Last time I did the Pumpkin Moon I came out of it with 27 pumpking trophies and so much assorted loot it took three trips to clean it all up. But still not the scarecrow pants. *le sigh*

And another meteorite hit my far right ocean. That's the fourth meteor hole over there

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom