tModLoader Fishing 2.0

Suggestion for 200 angler quest

• Accesory or something equipable that gives permanent vanilla buffs

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • an other thing (leave your suggestion) [Not Weapons/Armor/Mount]

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is there something than maybe you can make called bottomless lava bucket or honey? Well maybe not lava but honey would be nice because everytime I need to grab 20 bucket to hive and make myself a honey pools at my home.

Is there something than maybe you can make called bottomless lava bucket or honey? Well maybe not lava but honey would be nice because everytime I need to grab 20 bucket to hive and make myself a honey pools at my home.

I'll look into it.

Hey the Mecha Fishron mount thingy, The mount item itself descripstion it said "This is a Modded mount" and also may u can make the mecha fishron animation just like fishron, it like no animation now.

Hey the Mecha Fishron mount thingy, The mount item itself descripstion it said "This is a Modded mount" and also may u can make the mecha fishron animation just like fishron, it like no animation now.

I'll fix the description I'm not good with spiriting I'll see if I can get someone to help with that.

Small update changing the projectile (buoy) for the fishingtron fishing pole and the description for the Metalic Truffle. Update it via mod browser.

@PyroZ I looked at doing the bottomless lava bucket and honey bucket but sadly they are way too complex to make for me.

Last edited:
Is there a way to have the Mechanic Fishron mount hover in the air like the Cute Fishron mount? Mechanic Fishron is really useful against some of the crazier modded bosses out there but constantly having to hold down the space bar to get it to fly is a bit disorienting, especially if you're used to mounts that auto hover in the air.

Is there a way to have the Mechanic Fishron mount hover in the air like the Cute Fishron mount? Mechanic Fishron is really useful against some of the crazier modded bosses out there but constantly having to hold down the space bar to get it to fly is a bit disorienting, especially if you're used to mounts that auto hover in the air.

Mounts are tricky the people that I asked didn't knew how to really make them do unusual stuff and there is only one example in the example mod. I wasn't able to make it work as I really intended it to be but the fact that it cannot hover was done on purpose. The Idea for it was that it would be kinda like an alternative to the UFO not an straight upgrade (better speed but can't hover).

Mounts are tricky the people that I asked didn't knew how to really make them do unusual stuff and there is only one example in the example mod. I wasn't able to make it work as I really intended it to be but the fact that it cannot hover was done on purpose. The Idea for it was that it would be kinda like an alternative to the UFO not an straight upgrade (better speed but can't hover).
I know this is going to be a stupid question, because I just know I'm missing the forum, and I'll discover it's right in my face.. but is there a suggestion mod thread, where people post ideas for rebirths to mods or, even small things like buckets? I just found out, right now, obsidian rebirth isn't happening. There are a lot of talented people that could make THAT mod take off- better than tconfig. Then, perhaps, they could show you how to do one of the buckets and you could learn at the same time. Your mod is great, and I see so many good things happening with this. I love it.

This would be the place to post that kind of stuff https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?forums/general-mod-discussion.121/ but I wouldn't get my hopes up. If you wanna make things happen you should contact people directly using the "start a conversation" feature of the forums or using discord if they have an account that they use to get into the tmodloader chat room.
I just did that very thing a second ago, and I hope that it's possible. I think you could pull off that bottomless bucket, Roxxz. I think it just take someone showing you a bit about how. Your mod isn't disjointed- not a lot of bugs. That says something.

I was wondering if the 'Bee Wax from Honey' addition was deliberately intended as a nerf to Honeyfin? Honeyfin is the third strongest Healing item in the game and the only one that can be reliably obtained before Hardmode, and in vanilla the ability to fish them without interruption (as they are the only possible catch in Honey with the exception of a Quest Fish) gives a significant boost in Healing ability from the time a character can survive in the Underground Jungle until they enter Hardmode and can craft their own Greater Heaiing Potions.
The addition of Bee Wax, a comparatively useless material (easily farmed and not used for many items) to the Honey Fishing pool, and apparently with low rarity at that, has as its most significant effect the lowering of your Honeyfin yield, and I wasn't sure whether that was the actual intention or an unforeseen side-effect.

It was unintended. I'll remove it. I wanted to add more to fishing in honey than the vanilla experience but like you said it has that negative side effect and doesn't add much. I'll see if I can come up later with something to enhance that aspect and not cause too much impact on those willing to farm honeyfins.

New version is up in the mod browser.

Last edited:
It was unintended. I'll remove it. I wanted to add more to fishing in honey than the vanilla experience but like you said it has that negative side effect and doesn't add much. I'll see if I can come up later with something to enhance that aspect and not cause too much impact on those willing to farm honeyfins.

Cool. I hope you don't think I was being too critical. I'm enjoying your mod a lot so far.

Also, I think that getting Ankh Shield is a bit OP.
I hadn't thought about it before, but I kind of feel this way too. The Ankh Shield really stands out among the Angler rewards. Most of the other rewards are simply standardisations of regular random Angler rewards, which I really appreciate since it reduces so much of the frustration of getting the same reward over and over while missing the ones you want. Then there are the two bottomless elixirs which are a pretty cool addition and also unique to the mod. The Ankh Shield is different here in that it's something that you actively farm components for in a much less random way than the way you normally get Angler rewards. Finally putting your Ankh Shield together is one of the major achievements of early Hardmode, and being able to get one fully finished just by fishing enough times might take a bit of the excitement out of it, I don't know.

Then again, it's a full 120 quests until you get it, meaning that people who don't do fisherman's runs are going to be making their own before they ever get the reward, so maybe it's not even OP really, and I'm just talking nonsense? Don't take any of this as an explicit criticism or demand really. More as a random musing.

Back
Top Bottom