Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
logic gates,analog signals,sensors(liquid,dropped items,proximity variant for pressure plates),a/d and d/a converters,wireless connections,dispensers that replaces traps (has 2 slots 1st slot is for the weapon 2st slot for ammo add spikes in both slot for spike traps has a magic variant the magic variant uses mana crystals or potions)

Last edited:
-Rainbow Wrench-
Places all the basic colors of wire
Right-Click to change colors
"IT'S A RAINBOW WRENCH!"
Crafting: 1 Green Wrench, 1 Blue Wrench, and 1 Red Wrench.

Red Giant Fan
Pushes monsters in the way its facing.

Blue Giant Fan
Pushes players in the way its facing.

Green Giant Fan
Pushes everything in the way its facing.
"Do you ever feel, like a plastic bag, drifting threw the wind, wanting to start again?"

Auto-Cannon
Decreases in damage the faster it auto-activates.
Starts at 300 and goes down to 50
Can change to every 3 ,2 ,1 ,0.5 Second auto activation.

Wireless Emitter
Can register frequencies from 1 to 1000 to transmit power up to a Wireless Receiver.

Wireless Receiver
Can receive power from the same frequency of the Wireless Emitter.

Eh, that's all i got.
200 damage
30% critical strike chance
fast speed
"this is a joke if you didn't notice yet"

a way for the logic to know whether or not :
- a door is open
- a light (or campfire) is lit
and act upon the state of things
(example relit a campfire that was misclicked & extinguished automatically)

more traps and mob spawner statues, I love making dungeons and wiring traps everywhere oh and wireless receiver's you can connect objects via a four digit number to help with linking, also sensors and maybe a screwdriver to rotate wireable items like traps, Also accessories to help with wiring like the stuff for construction

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but how about being able to lock specific NPC's into certain houses.
In my world, at least, i make houses designed to represent the NPC living inside them.
Example: My Nurse lives in a small house to look like a hospital.
It's a real pain for whenever an event or boss fight happens and kills most of the NPC's and when they respond they settle in a different house.
The idea is to be able to have a little optional lock next to the NPC's flag when you click to assign them to houses and lock their flag there so even if they die, there's no worry that some other NPC will take their houses.

i think anything they add is great, but one thing i must say, BUFF THE PIRANHA GUN! it has been underpowered for so long and should rly get buffed some more (even though it was buffed a bit in 1.3)

1.Item transfer tubes: hook them up to two separate chests and the items from the output side transfer to the input side, and if there are two tubes set out of a chest you can use a switch to change which tube for the items to go through, like minecart tracks. Also there is sorting tube that have multiple types coming out the output side, and these sorting tube allow only specific items that you tell it to, to go through certain on the output side (I know it sounds confusing) making organizing chests way easier and you can hook it up to and auto farm so that it goes back
2.Wireless teleporter: you can right click on them (after they are placed down) and you can change their frequency. Example- two teleporter are set the the frequency of 1, so you can teleport between them but if you change one of the frequencies (as you may have guessed it) they will not work.
3.An accessory that allows you to place actuated blocks.
4.Motion sensors: kind of like pressure plates, but you can set up a grid from where it works. Example- set up a 3 by 6 grid in front of a wall ( and by wall I mean blocks not background wall), then set another 3 by 6 behind the wall, connect both the grids to the wall then set actuators to the wall, when you go into the first grid the wall will actuat, then you go through the next grid and the wall will be solid again. This will also work while flying in mid air.

Last edited:
Reactions: JK0
There are a lot of repeats in this thread, and I may have repeated an idea or two myself, but I am putting them up as they pop into my head. The idea I just had may be a useful one... Fuses and matches, for setting delays on explosive traps.

How about a set of items 1.glass case this is going to be placed in a way e.x a square so then...
2.Pipe containers to connect to the glass case and a chest...
3.when you wire it any item that drops in that glass case will go through the pipes and in the chest if the chests full it stay on the ground
That's my idea for it

I think that a block that would allow one to connect a red wire to a green wire would be useful.
For example (the block would be placed under the arrow):
Capture 2015-08-23 15_21_38.png

When player activate switch/lever or stand on plate, then signal in wire activated. Lamps, active blocks, explosive work if wire activated. Doors, pumps, timers work after activate and deactivate signal.
1. Diode. Wire signal work in one direction.
2. Impulse generator. If IN active, then OUT active and deactive every 1 second. If IN deactive, then OUT deactive.
3. Laser sensor. Like pressure plate, but can be placed on wall.
4. Button. Do 1 second impulse.
5. Time sensor. Active at day and deactive at night.
6. Electric door. If have active signal, then automatycally open, when player nearby. Then closed. If don't have signal, then work as normal door.
7. Colorless wrench. Cost expensive, than wrench with color, but colorless wire can combine with all another type of wire.
8. AND, OR, NOT and other.
9. Endless wire. 3996 wire = Endless wire.
10- Wire roller. If player keep in hand wrench, then wire automatically places under player. If red wrench, then red wire. If blue wrench, then blue wire.
P.s. Sorry for my bad english.

Not exactly about wiring, but could you fix the darn RNG?
It always tends to get stuck. People have been complaining since 1.0.6.1 or even before that it's not even close random.
Whenever I farm for an item with a dropchance about 1% I tend to kill thousands of the same enemy before one drops it... ...then the next 5-10 of the same monster drops the same 1% chance droprate item because the RNG got stuck on a drop success value...
That's on PC - Steam btw.
I'm sorry if I'm wrong, but that's not a bug, that's just how RNG works. Sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you feel justified to spawn something in. Thats the 'R' in RNG. I've had trouble finding biome keys before, and then all of a sudden, one enemy drops the jungle key, the bezoar, and the yelets. It's random.

A class or subclass in which you do damage by laying traps (defferent from dungeon or cave traps) and turrets.

Or just turrets.

Edit: I'm a little confused as to why the last posts of mine didn't automerge.

I'm sorry if I'm wrong, but that's not a bug, that's just how RNG works. Sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you feel justified to spawn something in. Thats the 'R' in RNG. I've had trouble finding biome keys before, and then all of a sudden, one enemy drops the jungle key, the bezoar, and the yelets. It's random.

Well, it is fixable without changing the drop rate by very much at all. If something has a 1% drop chance, you could make it so that every 100 kills, it is guaranteed to drop -- if it drops before that, this counter is reset. That puts an upper limit on the drop chance. If you didn't want to deal with such counters, then you could have it automatically drop every 200 kills, which does increase the drop chance a bit, but not too bad. Worst case, adjust the drop rate accordingly. If the drop chance becomes 0.5%, but every 200 kills it will always drop (no counters), then that's on average the same 1 in 100 rate as before -- yet it is far less random. Best part is that enemy kills are already kept track of, so the amount of coding needed is relatively small.

As for mechanics, I think the biggest thing I want is the phasing out of wires in favor of Starbound-like wireless connections -- "wires" are still there in a sense, but they aren't an actual item. You click on one point and run a wire to another point you click on. In the code only the connections matter, so wires can criss-cross without issue. It wouldn't be hard to keep the current wires in while moving two a new system, I think.

Well, it is fixable without changing the drop rate by very much at all. If something has a 1% drop chance, you could make it so that every 100 kills, it is guaranteed to drop -- if it drops before that, this counter is reset. That puts an upper limit on the drop chance. If you didn't want to deal with such counters, then you could have it automatically drop every 200 kills, which does increase the drop chance a bit, but not too bad. Worst case, adjust the drop rate accordingly. If the drop chance becomes 0.5%, but every 200 kills it will always drop (no counters), then that's on average the same 1 in 100 rate as before -- yet it is far less random. Best part is that enemy kills are already kept track of, so the amount of coding needed is relatively small.

As for mechanics, I think the biggest thing I want is the phasing out of wires in favor of Starbound-like wireless connections -- "wires" are still there in a sense, but they aren't an actual item. You click on one point and run a wire to another point you click on. In the code only the connections matter, so wires can criss-cross without issue. It wouldn't be hard to keep the current wires in while moving two a new system, I think.
But then it isn't a rare drop. It becomes the same kind of grind that adamantite armor is. This isn't good. This takes away from the experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom