Weapons & Equip Give Shortswords a Helping Hand

Really love your shortswords. Just one suggestion. Since the Muramasa is based on a specific named sword, I think that the Tonto should be as well. My personal suggestion is "Koryu", after a sword which is a national treasure of Japan. It seems appropriate for a shortblade, since the name means "little dragon" (at least according to the source I read).

Really love your shortswords. Just one suggestion. Since the Muramasa is based on a specific named sword, I think that the Tonto should be as well. My personal suggestion is "Koryu", after a sword which is a national treasure of Japan. It seems appropriate for a shortblade, since the name means "little dragon" (at least according to the source I read).
Uh...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koryū
...?

An idea I have but I cannot make is like a shortsword version of the Night's Edge, Excalibur, BOTH True versions, and Terra Blade. Great idea BTW.

An idea I have but I cannot make is like a shortsword version of the Night's Edge, Excalibur, BOTH True versions, and Terra Blade.
Yeah... I was kind of avoiding that on purpose... :l

I feel like Shortswords definitely need more presence, but they shouldn't take the spotlight as "ultimate swords."

So pretty much you just wanted to have like a shortsword version to like the non ultra powerful swords? hmm... makes sense...

I have a burning hatred for shortswords, but I like the idea of at least being able to angle them. And those names... did you come up with those on your own? They're very nice <3. I like the sprites as well. I believe in shortsword equality... now.

so much support! but we also need a few shortswords that arent just alternatives to broadswords, we need some shortswords where there arent any broadswords (fishron? Ice Queen shortsword?)

What da hell...There are shortswords that are compenents for night's edge.I mean,why is there the similar swords that you need to craft the night's edge?Where is the small excalibur?I was asking for a Terra Sword,i mean a terra blade...BUT IT'S A SHORTSWORD!

Why not having shortsword being able to aim everywhere, instead of just 45 degrees up and down?
Shortsword suck so much anyway, that you might as well make them aim everywhere.
If you are afraid of shortsword being to alike spears, don't worry, there is still range.

Mayby, you could have a zelda II mechanic with shortswords (as it later came in Ducktales and Shovel knight (exelent game).
upload_2015-1-30_21-7-37.jpeg
upload_2015-1-30_21-11-51.png
upload_2015-1-30_21-10-40.jpeg

Once you damage the mob, you knock yourself up so you can jump further to next mob (or platform).
The part where you are knocking yourself up would only work when the shortsword is angled right down (or close at least).
The reason why I am stating such obvious things is because the "jump buff" should ONLY work at a downward angle, or else you would knock your self away from enemy when you are attack normally (right in front), and that would make the shortswords well, kinda moronic...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom