Weapons & Equip Give Shortswords a Helping Hand

Why not having shortsword being able to aim everywhere, instead of just 45 degrees up and down?
Because at that point they may as well be short Spears. :l
If you are afraid of shortsword being to alike spears, don't worry, there is still range.
>_<
Once you damage the mob, you knock yourself up so you can jump further to next mob (or platform).
The part where you are knocking yourself up would only work when the shortsword is angled right down (or close at least).
The reason why I am stating such obvious things is because the "jump buff" should ONLY work at a downward angle, or else you would knock your self away from enemy when you are attack normally (right in front), and that would make the shortswords well, kinda moronic...
Sounds a bit over-complicated for something as basic as Shortswords. No thank you.

Would be cool if the pre hardmode ones didn't look like smaller broadswords
And what would you expect them to like like? o_O

Because at that point they may as well be short Spears. :l

>_<

Sounds a bit over-complicated for something as basic as Shortswords. No thank you.

And what would you expect them to like like? o_O
I dont know but you made the hardmode swords look unique (i meant the ones that weren't copper-gold)

Really?
Then what the hell is the point of putting in more shortswords?
"45 extra degrees up and down"
Gamebreaker!!!!! OMFG!
YOLO SWAG!! :cool:

Not to hijack the thread, but if a simple change in attack angle isn't to your liking, perhaps my version of improving shortswords would be more to your tastes?

COOOOOOOOOOL!
Not only this gives the frost legion an use,not only shortswords are so useless because of the materials we can make them out of!
Sorry i can't give you my cat of approval,i'm on mobile :(
EDIT:Why isn't there atleast an excalibur shortsword(I wanted to call it Mnixcalibur) without a true version?There is also no chlorophyte shortsword,but there's 2 broadswords...

Last edited:
That was regarding "True" Shortswords ultimately leading to a "Terra Shortsword," which is immensely cliche.

I've just gotten finished adding a trio of projectile-firing endgame Shortswords in case anyone is interested:
Shroomite Shockblade
Damage: 65
5 Knockback
Use Time: 12 (5 uses/second)
*Fires a sword beam which curves slowly towards enemies dealing 125% damage and penetrating an enemy once.
Recipe:
Shroomite_Bar.png
Shroomite Bars (12)
@ a Hardmode Anvil.

beetle-berserker-png.127290

Beetle Berserker (Featured in another thread)
Damage: 55
5.5 Knockback
Use Time: 12 (5 uses/second)
*Fires 1-2 Beetles that behave like Bees or Wasps which deal 40% original damage and hit up to 3 times each.
Recipe:
Beetle_Husk.png
Beetle Husk (4)
Chlorophyte_Bar.png
Chlorophyte Bar (8)
@ a Hardmode Anvil.

Spectre Slasher
Damage: 75
4.5 Knockback
Use Time: 11 (5 uses/second)
*Fires a homing Spectre Bolt which deals full weapon damage on contact.
Recipe:
Ectoplasm.png
Ectoplasm (12)
Chlorophyte_Bar.png
Chlorophyte Bar (8)
@ a Hardmode Anvil.
The Shroomite Shockblade is the closest you guys are going to get to a "Terra Shortsword."

Oh.
I forgot to mention:
No chlorophyte shortsword.(Even if the spectre slasher is made out of chlorophyte)It's okay.
But no excalibur,definitely it's not okay.
I can give a name for the hallowed shortsword:
Minixcalibur
(Mini because it's short and Xcalibur because it's kinda an excalibur)
And the chlorophyte:
Chlorophyte Rapier
(HAIL RAPIERS THEY ARE REALLY A GOOD TERM FOR SHORTSWORDS)

Back
Top Bottom