Console Hello from Pipeworks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're basically leaving "last gen" behind with this decision.

Because the consoles are quite old. The overall intent with expansions like this is to get people who don't have the game to pick it up, and to entice people who already have the game to return. Not enough people are on the old consoles anymore to make it worth the time or money. Furthermore, the old gen playerbase is constantly dwindling. There is no potential expansion there, so from a business standpoint, this is completely logical and reasonable. You must remember, at the end of the day, Re-Logic and Pipeworks are businesses, not charities.

If anyone has noticed we are getting the same mouse as PC, so pipeworks how will this be done?
I think it will be just like the present console cursor but just a re-skin like a mouse. In the video it didn't seen like the mouse moved far away from the player and it just stayed in a close area around it, like the console cursor :merchanttongue:

oh, well that'd be good news, if that is the case.

the idea of it all is pretty exciting, i gotta admit... wonder how different the game will feel once it's been upgraded? :dryadhappy:
I play Terraria on pc and xbox, the controls on the pc could not be transferred exactly as there are far to many controls to map them all to a controller. I do use my xbox one controller with my pc but I use the keyboard with it as the extra options like, quick mount,buff and health are good. Also the the use of the numbers for quick hotbar use is great. Maybe having the xbox key pad attached to the controller would work well.

Maybe having the xbox key pad attached to the controller would work well.

Why not just have keyboard numbers mapped to the hotbar like PC has?

Keyboard support is already integrated by MS, we can rename chests using a keyboard so adding keyboard mapping for the hotbar shouldn't be that demanding...should it?

Eventually MS are integrating mouse support for games ( *looks at phil spencer*) so i hope in the not too distant future, console players can use mouse and keyboard to play Terraria on their favourite console

can you tell me how to make the cultists spawn in my world I play on Xbox one and I beat the gollem and he still won't spawn
[doublepost=1492909965,1492909939][/doublepost]Any one really need help on this

can you tell me how to make the cultists spawn in my world I play on Xbox one and I beat the gollem and he still won't spawn
[doublepost=1492909965,1492909939][/doublepost]Any one really need help on this
The Cultists were introduced in the 1.3 update, which console does not have.

However, Xbox One and PS4 will get the 1.3 update, targeted for before July
The Path Ahead: Major News Updates for Console & Mobile
A Progress Update on the Road to 1.3! Pre-Alpha Gameplay Inside!

So when does android get a update to terraria 1.2.4? Is it possible that the development team is going to jump straight to version 1.3 for mobile?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom