How Long is a Terrarian year?

I was bored.
Keep in mind that this relies on the assumption that years in Terraria are like real years: it takes a month for the moon to go through each phase, with about four weeks in a month, and twelve months in a year.

I noticed that the moon in Terraria changes its phase every night, and for some reason, that got me thinking. There are eight phases in total, and that would mean it takes eight nights to go through each phase. So that means there are eight days in a Terraria month.
If there are four weeks in each month, that means that a week in Terraria takes 2 days. Since time in Terraria moves 60 times faster then real time, a week in Terraria is 48 minutes in real life.
If there are twelve months in a year, and each month is eight days, that means that a year in Terraria is 96 in game days. Quite a bit less then our 365 day years.
Taking all of this into account, that means that, to play for an entire Terraria year, it would take....38 hours and 24 minutes in real time, which is pretty much a day and a half straight of gameplay.

So yeah. If you want, go find out on Steam or whatever how many hours you have on Terraria, divide it by 38.4, and you'll find out how many Terraria years you've played it.
Thanks for reading!

Amazing thread xD
846 hours = 22,03125.. > 22 Years then? (only in 1.2, i don't have the time from 1.1)
Seriously, loved that thread, it's smart, scientific and a fun fact for us.
Get more boring times please xD

Holy crap, I had no idea how much attention this thread would get! That was 8 alerts in half an hour. Also, I'm on the last part of my Christmas holidays so I will probably get many more "I'm bored" moments :p
Thanks!

I can't be bothered enough to do the math, but I presume I have played for quite some time. 6 or 7 years, perhaps.

I've played for 7 years. To be more specific it's 7.630208333333333

Wait....
All those threes...Triangles have 3 sides...And there's a zero...Flip the zero onto a triangle and it's...Illuminatti D:

Back
Top Bottom