I have decided to create an "AMA," as it were.

Who is your favorite character to play in Super Smash Bros? You had mentioned you mostly choose random. :D

Who is your favorite character to play in Super Smash Bros? You had mentioned you mostly choose random. :D

I do not believe myself to have a favorite character to control in matches.

My fair sissy, however, only ever plays as Child Link, except for rare occasions where she chooses Roy, the protagonist of Fire Emblem six.

I, however, will play as most anyone without care.
There are a few characters that I prefer less, but none that I find better than their counterparts.

I apologize for not having a more satisfactory answer.

How are you?

Passively angry, melancholic, and confused.

To explain, I am not "outwardly angry." I am personable, smiling, and likely seem to be in high spirits; though in reality, I am in ill humor, and can feel that wrathful fires burn within the depths of my being.

This in turn feeds a judgemental nature where, though an action may be taken for my benefit, I recognize the incongruousness of calling it so, and inwardly lord my superiority over them in a "safe manner," as there is no possibility of them uncovering this terrible character trait.

I cannot, however, suppress for long my better judgement, which brings the cold rain of melancholy down onto my spirit; quenching the fires of previous passion into a smoldering, sputtering blaze that is instead directed inwards at my own inadequacies, for I cannot blame others for their own faults and shortcomings, nor do I have any right to do so; especially when I may only guess their intent.

If one does something on my behalf, and I inwardly criticize, as it is done poorly or without thought, what does that say of my own character? At least they cared enough to give a token of appreciation, even in the face of possible rejection.

Then the mental lecture begins:

"What have I done for them?"
Nothing. At least it may feel that way at times.

"Why did I allow them to give one first?"
Because I am 'too busy?' Senseless drivel, this excuse. Everyone is allotted one thousand four hundred and forty minutes in a day. You were important enough in their eyes to merit the making of time to do whatever they did, and you claim you are 'too busy' to do the same?

Is it perfectly thoughtful? No. But in an imperfect world, "perfection" does not exist. Why hold them to an unreasonable standard that is entirely unrealistic in practice?

...Among many other accusations that are unavoidably true, and any resistance is solely pride attempting to save face to  myself of all people.

After some time, the fire blazes, waxing strong again, and subsequently wanes, with the inclusion of reason, into melancholy.

So the cycle repeats.

The confusion is unrelated, I am simply not of one mind of what is most important for me to be doing next.

Where once were stories of vibrant characters and events, there exists naught but murky darkness now; with a few bleak will-o-the-wisps illuminating the barren landscape of my memories as heralds of what I once knew, but no longer.
This is the best way I have seen anyone describe forgetting something.

also, What's your favorite type of food

This is the best way I have seen anyone describe forgetting something.

also, What's your favorite type of food

Hmm...

Allow me to answer generally, as I am uncertain of what you desire to know in particular.

Food group: Vegetables or Fruit

Notes: It is difficult to pick between these two, so I have listed them both. Many "Vegetables" are actually fruit. Corn, for example. We use it as a vegetable however, and to most people, it is mentally classed as such.

Dish: Stir-fry Hot Pot

Notes: This has no set recipe. It is simply whatever one has on hand or wishes to cook together. Sometimes it is better than others, but as you can use anything as an ingredient, it is too interesting to be beaten by a set recipe.

Ingredient: Rice

Notes: It is too versatile to be anything else, though ingredients of the aromatic category come rather close.

By aroma: Peaches

Notes: Such a sweet rustic smell. I find it to be wonderfully nostalgic, as fresh peaches were something I received rather often due to my liking them when I was naught but a child.

Last edited:
What has been your favorite piece of media that you have consumed?

The scope of this question is decidely broad. To help demonstrate why I find this type of question difficult to answer, I shall attempt an explanation. Please pardon me if it begins to become a tad lengthy, I shall attempt to keep it brief.

"Media" refers to a variety of "mediums," which, in turn, are methods of transferring information.
Books are a medium, as is television, radio, oral explanation, games of any type or variety, food, acting, and  anything else that is able to hold a meaning another may understand.

Not all media is able to perform the same functions, or transfer the same types of information.

A cross-reference with "tools" is useful for our purposes.

If I was to ask you for your "favorite tool," what would you reply?
Let us, for the sake of the argument, hypothetically choose a "hammer" for you.
This is all well and good, but would you still choose a hammer as your "favorite tool" for transportation?

You see, "tool" is a generic umbrella term for any external object that enhances your capabilities in some way. An automobile is no less a tool than a sledgehammer, the difference is to what end it is utilized.

We, humans, as creatures of convenience, choose our "favourites" on what most effectively satisfies the conditions required.

For moving a table of average size you may choose a "pick-up" truck, but you would eschew it in favor of a "moving" van potentially depending on the weather.

Similarly, if you found it necessary to travel to Europe on short notice, you would likely choose an aeroplane as a form of transportation instead of an ocean liner. If you were going to Europe on vacation without a time constraint you may choose the ocean liner instead of the aeroplane due to the experience being more conducive to a vacation.

We choose our "favourites" based on the efficiency the particular tool or method affords us in satisfying our unique requirements that must be met at a minimum.

It is for this reason that construction workers do not ride hammers to work and then demolish buildings with automobiles.

Conditions can also be quite unobtrusive at times. If you were to ask me what language I preferred speaking, my answer would be inconclusive.
If you asked instead what language I preferred speaking in the United States of America, my answer would be "English." Most everyone here understands it to at least a certain degree, but most do -not- understand either Japanese or Latin, making both of the other languages rather ineffective at their intended function: "Communication."

Each medium has pros to recommend it, and cons to give pause about its use.

The more senses it includes, the more powerful the experience, but its convenience, ease of use, and attention required are all affected proportionally in a negative way.

Even within one medium, books, for example, there are subdivisions. "Genres," some of these subdivisions are considered. Other subdivisions are "practical," "theoretical," "poetry" and so forth.

Each of these subdivisions exists for a reason: namely, they transmit information differently than any other subdivision in the medium, having individual pros and cons.

This is reminiscent of screwdrivers. All are used to construct parts into a greater whole, yes, but I would very much like to see an argument for contractors to use micro precision screwdrivers when installing sub-flooring into a house. It would likely be worth some humor if nothing else.

All of this is to say, different types of mediums are essentially different tools, and are not "one size fits all." For if I was to answer your question with: "The discourses of Epictetus," you would have gained nary any usable information.

Did I read it for pleasure or for profit?

Do I agree with any of the information contained within it, or is it my favourite object of ridicule?

Why did I seek to read it to begin with, and was that desire satiated by its being read?

It is this information, the subtext of my generic answer: "The discourses of Epictetus," that will allow you to understand me as a person. What I value, what I do not. How I would decide questions in a given circumstance.

Likewise, this is how characterization takes place in novels. The reader, through the masterful direction of the author or storyteller, comes to understand the characters through the decisions they have made. The reasons for them, and how they approached the consequences of their decisions.

I shall leave off here, as I could continue almost indefinitely. I thus end by stating this inability to answer a simple question without "giving a lecture" is but one reason I have not any friends.

Cheers,

-Adalicia

Due to an error within myself, I am unfit to maintain this thread for the foreseeable future.

I am uncertain how to lock this thread, and as such, shall simply unwatch it. If and or when I shall open this thread again, I shall post here as well as on my profile stating as such.

I wish to thank everyone who asked questions, as well as anyone who simply read through the thread for the support you have given. It is, and was, much appreciated.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Back
Top Bottom