Internet-Wide Day of Action to Save Net Neutrality

That wont help. Are you aware what the ISP is? ALL traffic goes trough ISPs.

Maybe. They would have to actively seek specific web sites though, which I suppose is the purpose of the no-neutrality.

Historically, it seems whatever they try we will find ways around it, what can be done can be undone. Look at the Pirate Bay, there once was one site that they took down, after taking it down hundreds of mirrors have popped up lol.

Sign up and stop it happening but if they do do it we will probably find a way around it one way or another.

For those of you saying Trump has nothing to do with this; you're wrong. He appointed Ajit Pai, who is behind all this. Furthermore Trump has stated time and time again that he is against Net Neutrality (if he even knows what it is).

A fan of Trump or not, no one in their right mind can be for this, and you shouldn't deny his responsibility for this mess.

If these laws get passed, I am going to disappear until (or if) they are repealed. I simply don't know what to think of human greed and stupidity. This has been fueling my misanthropic view of humanity to the point where I simply do not think that humans will grow any further, but will get swallowed into greed. There will be a point where the world will be thrown into chaos because of this, and all those half-assed excuses for a better future will be so void that they will be as invisible as the air itself. We are starting to become a haphazard excuse for a race.

If these laws get passed, I am going to disappear until (or if) they are repealed. I simply don't know what to think of human greed and stupidity. This has been fueling my misanthropic view of humanity to the point where I simply do not think that humans will grow any further, but will get swallowed into greed. There will be a point where the world will be thrown into chaos because of this, and all those half-assed excuses for a better future will be so void that they will be as invisible as the air itself. We are starting to become a haphazard excuse for a race.

Woah up there cow critter!

Humanity is getting better and better in every possible way. You have more luxury items today than the pharaoh of Egypt had. Previous to the industrial age the majority of people lived in utter poverty, all the wealth was owned by the nobles who made up a fraction of society. Some predict destitute poverty will be eliminated by the year 2030. You are healthier and live longer today than any one else in known history. You are in the most peaceful time, the least amount of wars, in human history. Have some perspective from an historical viewpoint - you're really doing OK, better than anyone before you ever has.

We will get through this, don't worry. They won't filter the internet because they rule in a democracy, and politicians in a democracy fear the people turning against them because it means they lose power. So sign up and keep your chin up!

Maybe. They would have to actively seek specific web sites though, which I suppose is the purpose of the no-neutrality.

Historically, it seems whatever they try we will find ways around it, what can be done can be undone. Look at the Pirate Bay, there once was one site that they took down, after taking it down hundreds of mirrors have popped up lol.

Sign up and stop it happening but if they do do it we will probably find a way around it one way or another.
No. The traffic goes trough them. They know what type of content you're accessing no matter what. Most likely you'll be greeted with a message "You do not own a darknet packet subscription, click here to select a subscription.".

Why do you think this kills vpns? Possibly because theres a middle man whos sending around your stuff in the first place and knows what it is, mmmh?

This is vastly different from a single website takedown. They'll see you're accessing content outside of the approved sites they give you and nope anything else.

I'm pretty sure that the filing part only applies to US citizens. Actually, anyone can file.

The issue applies world-wide, though, to varying degrees. Even in so-called 'free' countries, business and political concerns have sought to leverage the power of the internet for their purposes and impose some level of control to what people can access.
This is quite a big issue indeed. Fortunately, we won in 2015 so I'm sure we can again! Also I got linked this statement of support from the FCC, but I'm unsure how significant it is or relevant at all.

I really wish that we didn't need to worry about this a second time since removing net neutrality is, by all accounts, only a good decision for big corporations. Guess it's happening again anyways though, so the best we can do is stand against it again, right?

(That and hope they're not stupid enough to try this a third time)

They may not be able to change the laws of your country. The impact however, is worldwide. If a website can't afford to pay a premium to be seen by consumers, they will shut down or go out of business. Then NO one will receive the benefits of that page or web address, whatever it may be.

Imagine it this way. MMORPG games hosted in the US could be blocked from consumers unless they subscribe to the "gaming" internet package. Fewer people would play their games, they would make less money, then the servers shut down world-wide as the game company goes out of business.

This is only a single example, the overall impact is far greater

Yes the impact would be pretty great worldwide, it would actually hurt the US market for internet services, these companies would move to places like Europe or Japan to do business.

Yes the impact would be pretty great worldwide, it would actually hurt the US market for internet services, these companies would move to places like Europe or Japan to do business.
So would I...until these countries take the United States' example and do the same thing.
The stupid gubbermint are at it AGAIN! All in the name of money and power. Makes me hate Trump and the rest of the douchebags down in the White House a whole lot more. Really hope Trump AND Pence get kicked out.
The guy you really need to hate is Ajit Pai. Trump has his own ordeal in there too, (not sure about Pence) so let's not let him off the hook. The best we can do is to do our part in the protest and hope that the government is not stupid enough to actually do this. Oh, and kicking trump out is much more complicated than that.
upload_2017-7-15_3-44-11.png

It's a worldwide issue even if only the US follows through; it highly affects content creators, and it's an infringement on free speech. It will hinder pretty much anyone who creates content who is in the US, which is by far the country that provides the most amount of content, so if that comes to a drastic slow down or halt, it will impact us all.

On one side I believe this could potentially breach international law, but I'm not sure how that works. Hopefully this gets killed, though. We've done it before, but this time they're trying to bulldoze over all of us... Let's hope for the best.

So would I...until these countries take the United States' example and do the same thing.

The guy you really need to hate is Ajit Pai. Trump has his own ordeal in there too, (not sure about Pence) so let's not let him off the hook. The best we can do is to do our part in the protest and hope that the government is not stupid enough to actually do this. Oh, and kicking trump out is much more complicated than that.
View attachment 176134
I know but Trump appointed that dweeb to the FCC so it is kinda Trump's fault.

Back
Top Bottom