Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
rune-export.png

trans.gif

Man-in-visible.
Everybody loves invisibility cloak.
This is visible but you know it means invisible.

Hero For Terraria Contest.png

I thought that I would stick with the theme of "Journey's End" by drawing a vanity set based around all the major bosses in Terraria. I think it would be cool to have a vanity set celebrating all the awesome monsters we slew whether alone or with friends. It is a bit complex due to all the parts, so feel free to take whatever liberties you would like with it if the idea catches your(the devs) eyes. I have decided to call it "Myth Breaker." It features designs inspired by: King Slime, Skeletron, Twins, Queen Bee, WOF, Cultist, Eye of Cthulu, Golem, Moon Lord, Eater of Worlds, Destroyer, Brain of Cthulu, Fishron, Plantera, the celestial pillars, and skeletron prime. The head piece would completely cover the head and have a glowmask if multiple colors for said glowmask would be possible, same for the hands and the feet. Good luck guys, some of these designs are really cool!

Here is my submission, the Imperial set. It is a uniform belonging to a solider who fought in a war long since lost to time. In actuality the set is based on Napoleonic era uniforms (especially French uniforms). It should consist of Imperial Hat, Imperial Shirt and Imperial Trousers. The set should be able to dye easily (so it looks like British, Russian, Prussian, Swedish, Spanish, Portuguese or Austrian uniforms). It could be found in Golden Chests in the cavern layer. I'm having trouble with putting in a proper image, so just take this.
My vanity idea.png

I call this the "Ostrich Rider" set
b9fd83b8-4f1a-478a-818f-799f8332704f.png

Notes:
-the helmet slot is only the hat
-the torso slot is the shirt and "fake" legs, as well as the whole ostrich body, neck and head
-the legs slot is only the ostrich legs
It is supposed to be based on a costume this:
b63f432c-24b5-4ec5-bd42-0456b67c0285_1.a7d87a4febf91a6f22f3473acd35916e.jpeg

Ideas for final design:
-maybe add reins from the characters hands to the ostrich's head
-the ostrich's head would bob as part of the walking animation

My vanity Contest Submission :
Rouge Cultist Set

Vanity Set.png

Info:
  • On discord redigit revealed that 1.4 will have some changes to the dungeon, the way to obtain this set could involve some of these changes or simply have a 5% chance to drop from any enemy in the post plantera dungeon .​
  • When wearing the full set of this vanity the player leaves behind "after images" when they move, similar to hallowed armor
Sprite:

Vanity (1).png
The Set is on the Right
The Glowmask is on the Left

Sketch

2A1754A2-40B6-4188-89E3-FBE2277C1B5B.jpeg

Last edited:
This is the Marching Vanity Set. I think it is time to celebrate Terraria and what better way would there be than to have a parade, and no parade is complete without a marching band.

Attachments

• marching Vanity set.jpg
    marching Vanity set.jpg
    358.1 KB · Views: 106
Bio-Set
This is a set that would be a 25% drop chance from the eye of Cthulhu, The appearance of the vanity set would change depending on the biome that you are in.

Nurtual
This is the way that it would look when it's in you're inventory or when in a chest

normal set.JPG

Forest
This is the forest variant
Forest set.JPG

Snow
This is the snow variant
Ice set.JPG

Desert
This is the desert variant
Dessert set.JPG

Crimson
This is the crimson variant
Crimson set.JPG

Corruption
This is the corruption variant
Corruption set.JPG

Jungle
This is the jungle variant
Jungle set.JPG

Dungeon
This is the dungeon variants
Dungon blue set.JPG
Dungon pink set.JPG
Dungon green set.JPG

Ocean
This is the ocean variant
Ocean set.JPG

Glowing Mushroom
This is the glowing mushroom variant
Glowing Mushroom set.JPG

Underground Desert
This is the underground desert variant
Underground Dessert set.JPG

Underground Jungle
This is the underground jungle variant
Underground Jungle set.JPG

Ice
This is the ice variant
Underground Ice set.JPG

Underworld
This is the underworld variant
Underworld set.JPG

Hallow
This is the hallow variant
Hallow set.JPG

Underground Hallow
This is the underground hallow variant

Underground Hallow set.JPG

Underground Corruption
This is the underground corruption variant

Underground Corruption set.JPG

Underground Crimson
This is the underground crimson variant
Underground Crimson set.JPG

Bee Hive
This is the beehive variant

Bee Hive set.JPG

Granite Cave
This is the granite cave variant

Granite set.JPG

Marble Cave
This is the marble cave variant
Marble set.JPG

Jungle Temple
This is the jungle temple variant

Lizard Temple set.JPG

Meteorite
This is the meteorite variant

Meteorite set.JPG

Spider Cave
This is the spider cave variant

Spider Cave set.JPG

Space/Sky
This is the space/sky variant

Sky or Space set.JPG

I'm not sure if this is even possible for a vanity set but I thought it would be a really cool idea.
:gslime::bluslime::yslime::pslime::bslime::islime::lslime::cslime::sslime:

TerrariaVanity.png

In case it's hard to read: The light blue on the arms (waist and chest too) would have a similar fire effect to the Dark Artist armor.

This is the Blue Golem set. It was inspired by an original concept that I made a little while ago. Originally, it was for a game that I never got around to making, but I had fun re-imagining it with the Terraria style.

"Not Luffy" a character very different then a certain anime stretchy man because of copyright concerns.

Luffy from the Longest Running Anime of all time "One Piece" pictured to be very "similar" to this character but in no way related (nudge nudge wink wink).

luffy terraria costume.PNG
c8179a248a7a8cc643250f03c7719d66af0da222_hq.jpg

unnamed.png

source info on this very similiar character: Monkey D. Luffy

I've been playing this game since the very beginning, Happy I can finally contribute to it. I'm still rocking it like when I got my molten armor in 2011.

Last edited:
Guide.png
pixil-layer-Background.png
Armor_Statue_(placed).png

The intention here was a Gold Critter Outfit.
Head: Gold Bunny Hat
Torso: Long Gold Critter Coat
Feet: Gold Squirrel Slippers
If I have any influence, I would say you need all the gold critters in the game(or multiples of each) to craft the suit. "Yes, so shiny... but you're still a terrible person"
The head would be a gold bunny fur hat. Crafted of gold critters.
The torso would be a long gold fur coat, with gold squirrel tail or other gold critter details.
The feet would be gold squirrel head slippers(I attempted but I don't think they really turned out) or other gold critter themed shoes.
The suit would shimmer and shine just as the gold critters it is made of do.
Ideally, your character would "shift" into being an armor statue sprite, if the character is left stationary for long enough, but should this idea be unrealistic, I would like it if the bunny would blink (or move in a way that would indicate it is still alive) if the character is left stationary long enough.
Hope this is clear enough.

Thank-you for this contest, it has been fun seeing all these submissions, and I had a lot of fun trying to come up with something unique. Have fun sifting through the thousands of submissions Terraria Team!

Last edited:
--- The Tele-Wanderer ---

Edluuxz.png

"It is said a civilization advanced enough would not find satisfaction in just space travel, for that is not the final frontier many believe it to be. To this day we hear tales about the 'tele-wanderers', faceless individuals who ednlessly hop between realities, seeking only to satisfy their pleasure of voyage and experiencing all existence has to offer. Perhaps they are the only ones who know the true meaning of life..."

Here's my submission: A vaporwave-inspired vanity set with a stylish rose jacket, striped pants and the classic television head. Enjoy the aesthetic! ~ TheOmegaGhost

Last edited:
Been playin this game with my buds for like 8 years figured I'd toss an idea to maybe be a part of my favorite game.
I always loved the summoner class since it started becoming the weird half class (and hopefully a full class with Journey's End) so I designed this armor with summoner in mind.
I'm not the best artist so I'll explain certain parts that might be a little confusing.

Bone spikes and tendrils wrap around the body, covering the shoulders and wrapping on the head holding a hood in place, on the face is a skull mask that covers half the face. The chest has white wrappings for both genders. Some bone tendrils hold open a dark hole in the chest where the heart is missing. Leggings are a tattered skirt-like thing with 2 bone tendrils falling down on the outer sides of the legs and a skull where the belt buckle would be.

I hope I got my ideas across.
IMG_20200412_232515124.jpg

Here we go. It’s a bit messy tho.

Attachments

• 6A72AC04-A6D3-46E9-9C6D-C49D61B39C13.gif
    6A72AC04-A6D3-46E9-9C6D-C49D61B39C13.gif
    899.4 KB · Views: 374
  • ACEFF84C-F9ED-4864-B6E0-AE08FB0098AF.gif
    ACEFF84C-F9ED-4864-B6E0-AE08FB0098AF.gif
    899.4 KB · Views: 99
My original idea for a vanity set involved a tattered suit, but the sprites just didn't have enough room for the amount of detail I wanted, so I modified it into something almost as good: A WWII era bomber jacket. The exposed woolen lining of the jacket would be less affected by dyes, and I'm posting two sprites because I couldn't decide on a color scheme.
Mad_grenadier set.png
Mad_grenadier set 2.png

Hello Terrarians!

This is the thread where you submit your entries for the Journey's End Vanity Contest! For more details about it, please check out the announcement thread!

WHAT IS ALLOWED/NOT ALLOWED?
  • Only one submission per person! If you make multiple submissions, we will select the first submission made, and the latter ones will be disqualified.
  • All Vanity entries must be the original work of the person submitting the idea - no stealing! (yes, we will look -_-)
  • Sprites from Terraria mods *ARE* allowed but only if you are the original creator of that artwork (this means the actual artist, not just anyone that happened to work on a given mod)
  • Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected (if we have to ask permission to use it, don't submit it ;) )
  • Please keep it PG-13 - nothing profane/offensive/etc. please
  • If you are looking for more guidance and next-level design tips, check out this link > Terraria Vanity Contest Best Practices & Design Tips

HOW DO I SUBMIT MY ENTRY?
  • Entries should consist of a design that includes Head/Torso/Leg (aligned to those vanity armor slots in the game). We will not be including wings/dyes/weapons/etc. Sorry.
  • All entries must include artwork of some kind. This could mean anything from super-fancy hand drawn art to MS Paint-level scribbles. However, the art - and any accompanying descriptions - need to be able to clearly communicate the idea. If we have to struggle to understand the concept, it will hurt your chances of winning... and trying to guess art from just text is going to give all of us headaches.
  • If you have a name for your creation, please provide it.
  • Entries should be submitted by posting in this thread. ONLY entries will be permitted in this thread. If you want to discuss the contest or specific entries, feel free to do so in the announcement thread here, Discord, etc.
  • All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm Eastern Time on April 13th, 2020 - NO EXCEPTIONS! :)

Please note that as stated above, ONLY submissions will be allowed in this thread. Non-submissions will be moved/removed by the moderator staff. You can ask questions or discuss the contest in the original thread!
here's my submission Green Shadow.

Green shadow
- by Rhys Jones
-AKA. LockedSocks on YT
-AKA. epicfirebomb on steam
- [email protected] on Gmail

The Green Shadow is a vanity set that features a shadow demon but with light still inside its soul.
The Green Shadow hovers above the ground in a kneeling position. Its hands are disconnected to its body and float too.
Rather than having blood it can have the effect of spewing out lightness or darkness. Being near this creature can result in anxiety and
depression or happiness and joy. It has green and grey particles floating off its dark coat.

I hope the green shadow finds its place in Terraria 1.4 Journeys end.

Green shadow (1).png

Green shadow head peice.png
Green shadow Torso peice (2).png
green shadow legs peice.png

here's my submission Green Shadow.

Green shadow
- by Rhys Jones
-AKA. LockedSocks on YT
-AKA. epicfirebomb on steam
- [email protected] on Gmail

The Green Shadow is a vanity set that features a shadow demon but with light still inside its soul.
The Green Shadow hovers above the ground in a kneeling position. Its hands are disconnected to its body and float too.
Rather than having blood it can have the effect of spewing out lightness or darkness. Being near this creature can result in anxiety and
depression or happiness and joy. It has green and grey particles floating off its dark coat.

I hope the green shadow finds its place in Terraria 1.4 Journeys end.

Green shadow (1).png

Green shadow head peice.png
Green shadow Torso peice (2).png
green shadow legs peice.png
also, it represents the fallen in the jungle .

Screenshot 2020-04-12 23.51.08.png

This is my idea for a new Terraria vanity set, called the Mechanical Trilogy set. (Disclaimer: I understand that other members of the community have similar ideas to mine, but I am not trying to steal someone's idea in any way). Each piece of this vanity set would be available for purchase from the Mechanic after their respective boss has been defeated. The description of the items can be changed if needed, but I put my own ideas in there as an example. The vanity set can be changed if needed if it were to be introduced to the game. The pieces of the Mechanical Trilogy set can be unlocked as follows:

Vision of Fear: Sold by the Mechanic NPC for 5 gold coins after Skeletron Prime has been defeated, behaves in a similar manner to that of items such as the sunglasses and the HiTek sunglasses

Cuirass of The Destroyer: Sold by the Mechanic NPC for 5 gold coins after The Destroyer has been defeated. The arms of the torso piece are "trying" to look like the body of The Destroyer while the chest has a red core in the center

Twin Stompers: Sold by the Mechanic NPC for 5 gold coins after The Twins have been defeated. Each leg has a different colored light on them to represent the twins having a green eye and a red eye

For the female variant of this vanity set, the red parts of the set would be changed to a pink color, to look more feminine, also the torso is changed slightly.

The reason I wanted to go with this design is that, during my many years of playing Terraria, I recall that the Mechanic has never received a vanity set to sell, which is a shame because I could imagine the interesting designs for this new vanity set. I also wanted to see a new futuristic-looking vanity set being added to the game, so I thought of trying to do it myself.

A couple of keynotes: The reason why I had the twins represent the legs is because I wanted to match the pieces of my design to the pieces of the Horned God vanity set that would be dropped from each mechanical boss (such as the twins dropping the legs, skeleton prime dropping the mask, and the destroyer dropping the torso), I thought it seemed like a cool idea. I appreciate the opportunity that the developers of Terraria has given the community to introduce our own vanity concepts, and I am open to any comments regarding my choice of a vanity idea. Thank you for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom