TCF Suggestion Make a pop up saying you agree to the terms and conditions of the suggestion area before posting

vessal

Skeletron Prime
I think this would help people know the rules and might prevent disrespectful behavior as people will see the rules even if the user doesn't read them. I know I didn't read the rules at first before posting because of a habit of thinking the rules where going to be 20 pages

Every time someone posts? This would be extremely annoying to everyone.

People have to check a box when registering that says they have read the rules and terms and agree with them. In addition, @The Guide sends a welcome PM to new members that contains a link to the rules. That's plenty, IMO. We can't force people to read them.

Every time someone posts? This would be extremely annoying to everyone.

People have to check a box when registering that says they have read the rules and terms and agree with them. In addition, @The Guide sends a welcome PM to new members that contains a link to the rules. That's plenty, IMO. We can't force people to read them.
I meant the first time the person wanted to post similar to how some sites make you agree to something.

Then they dismiss the pop-up and go on, doesn't mean they will actually read them. It would just be an annoyance that serves no purpose.

If you got as far as making a post, we (staff) assume that you read the rules. We don't really accept ' I didn't know it was against the rules' as a valid excuse for breaking them.

Back
Top Bottom