Game Mechanics Master Mode summon idea

ARandomUser

Terrarian
I have come up with a new idea for Terraria’s master mode. Any summoned minions can die after being hit a few times and have to be resummoned. This would add a new challenge for summoners, it any one who just uses minions. I don’t think this would make anything extremely hard, it would just be an extra challenge for some people playing in master mode.

Adding to this topic is welcome in the replies.

First of all, this would make mixed Summoning (using other classes' weapons with Summons as the primary thing), what the game was balanced for, basically impossible because you need to keep re-summoning. And it would make Pure Summoning which is already a huge challenge even harder, especially as you get more Summons and they keep dying faster and faster. Meanwhile, other classes, which generally have it easier, would barely be affected because Summons are just a minor bonus to them.

First of all, this would make mixed Summoning (using other classes' weapons with Summons as the primary thing), what the game was balanced for, basically impossible because you need to keep re-summoning. And it would make Pure Summoning which is already a huge challenge even harder, especially as you get more Summons and they keep dying faster and faster. Meanwhile, other classes, which generally have it easier, would barely be affected because Summons are just a minor bonus to them.

I wasn’t saying they would die instantly, and it’s master mode, it’s meant to be extremely hard.

This is not the fun kind of difficulty, this is the unredeeming frustrating kind with little point. Especially considering that red said master mode will not have new op loot.

Expert mode is fun, because even though the buffed damage is high, you do not need to worry about managing a ridiculous amount of minion hurtboxes and run out of mana (and eventually all damage) resummoning minions.

no support, while it would make the game harder, it would not be in a good and reasonable way. This is the type of difficulty that gets way too annoying. As other have mentioned, it would shift summoning to a constant resummoning once your minions die.

no support, while it would make the game harder, it would not be in a good and reasonable way. This is the type of difficulty that gets way too annoying. As other have mentioned, it would shift summoning to a constant resummoning once your minions die.

This is not the fun kind of difficulty, this is the unredeeming frustrating kind with little point. Especially considering that red said master mode will not have new op loot.

Expert mode is fun, because even though the buffed damage is high, you do not need to worry about managing a ridiculous amount of minion hurtboxes and run out of mana (and eventually all damage) resummoning minions.

I suppose you’re right, I didn’t really think about it, I can change the post if you would like.

Back
Top Bottom