Weapons & Equip Melee Lifesteal- For Corruption Worlds

the SOTC may seem to have more damage, but it actually has less DPS than the vampire knives. the main projectile, which lacks homing, deals roughly 64 damage. it then splits into 2-4 tiny eaters, which deal roughly half that. so, each one (we'll average it out and say there's 3) deals about 32 damage. 3x32+64=160 damage per click, without defense or criticals.
vampire knives deal about 29 damage each. it can shoot 4-8 projectiles, so we'll average that out to 6. if each projectile deals 29 damage, then 6x29=174 damage per click, without defense or criticals.
so on average: 160 SOTC damage per click, 174 VK damage per click.

now, if each of them shoot the least number of projectiles:

SOTC: 2x32+64=128
VK: 4x29=116

and if each of them shoot the maximum number of projectiles:

SOTC: 4x32+64=192
VK: 8x29=232

now, if we combine the totals of all of these:

SOTC: 480
VK: 522

and the vampire knives have healing, but the SOTC doesn't. also, the homing of the SOTC only works if the main projectile hits something. if it flies off into space, it won't home. also, each projectile might home into a different enemy, and deal less damage. however, the vampire knives spread, so can hit many different enemies and at short-medium range(i.e, the size of the screen) can be much more effective. and all that's without ichor(crimson) and cursed flames(corruption).

"giving lifesteal to the scourge of the corruptor would be op"^

Why do they say you can't get Vampire Knives in a Corruption world? Simply place 300 Crimstone at an ocean far? Besides the SotC is much much more effective than the VK though it doesn't lifesteal, it is IMO better than the VK because of the homing effect.
[DOUBLEPOST=1423167594][/DOUBLEPOST]
OVER 9000 SUPPORT

(Lifesteal h8ters gonna h8)
It's not so much that i hate lifesteal, because i don't its the fact that combining both Homing AND Lifesteal would be majorly OP

if anyone thinks this is OP, please refer to the first post of page 3. and as for getting the VK in a corruption world, you cant. you mention placing crimstone. ok, where do you get it? it only spawns in crimson worlds. and so does the chest. the only way to get VK in a corruption world is by world-hopping.

Why do they say you can't get Vampire Knives in a Corruption world? Simply place 300 Crimstone at an ocean far? Besides the SotC is much much more effective than the VK though it doesn't lifesteal, it is IMO better than the VK because of the homing effect.
[DOUBLEPOST=1423167594][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's not so much that i hate lifesteal, because i don't its the fact that combining both Homing AND Lifesteal would be majorly OP
Because not only do you need the key, you also need a crimson chest. And getting the crimstone to begin wjth require worldhopping

Because not only do you need the key, you also need a crimson chest. And getting the crimstone to begin wjth require worldhopping
World hopping is in the game for a reason...
[DOUBLEPOST=1423168244][/DOUBLEPOST]
if anyone thinks this is OP, please refer to the first post of page 3. and as for getting the VK in a corruption world, you cant. you mention placing crimstone. ok, where do you get it? it only spawns in crimson worlds. and so does the chest. the only way to get VK in a corruption world is by world-hopping.
World hopping is actually a feature implemented into the game, thats why characters items stay through worlds.

>implying life steal is necessary as an option at all times.

it should at least be an option. for corruption worlds, it isn't. and this helps balace the corruption with the crimson. i can get to wave 13 of a pumpkin moon with VK and hallowed armor, no potions. i can get to wave 13 with SOTC and turtle armor. and healing and buff potions. turtle armor+buffs and SOTC+frostmoon=dead on wave 9. same setup with VK? wave 12, and survive.

it should at least be an option. for corruption worlds, it isn't. and this helps balace the corruption with the crimson. i can get to wave 13 of a pumpkin moon with VK and hallowed armor, no potions. i can get to wave 13 with SOTC and turtle armor. and healing and buff potions. turtle armor+buffs and SOTC+frostmoon=dead on wave 9. same setup with VK? wave 12, and survive.
If we did give Corruption lifesteal, people would complain that VK don't home.

If we did give Corruption lifesteal, people would complain that VK don't home.

again, please refer to the first post of page 3. the homing is nothing compared to spread and extra projectiles. plus, the main bit has to hit something first, so you need to still aim. and the homing only does a small percentage of the main projectile, so no OP.

again, please refer to the first post of page 3. the homing is nothing compared to spread and extra projectiles. plus, the main bit has to hit something first, so you need to still aim. and the homing only does a small percentage of the main projectile, so no OP.
Every weapon in the Biome Chest is unique giving both Healing would make them both unoriginal.

scourge doesn't have damage falloff, it has a further range, and it has a better DPS (especially crowd dps)
aside from lifesteal, scourge is a superior weapon.

scourge doesn't have damage falloff, it has a further range, and it has a better DPS (especially crowd dps)
aside from lifesteal, scourge is a superior weapon.

what is damage falloff? if you mean the VK loses damage whenthings get further away, the SOTC does less damage than listed with the homing eaters. they only do about half. and range is not insanely helpful. enemies chase you, so they try to stay onscreen. and again, look at the first post of page 3. that's the damage per use of each weapon, and that's ignoring ichor and cursed flames, which go with the VK and the SOTC respectively, and ichor is WAY stronger than cursed flames.

what is damage falloff? if you mean the VK loses damage whenthings get further away, the SOTC does less damage than listed with the homing eaters. they only do about half. and range is not insanely helpful. enemies chase you, so they try to stay onscreen. and again, look at the first post of page 3. that's the damage per use of each weapon, and that's ignoring ichor and cursed flames, which go with the VK and the SOTC respectively, and ichor is WAY stronger than cursed flames.
which is why cursed flames should be buffed.

Back
Top Bottom