Mobile Mobile Hotfix - iOS & Google Play

Discussion in 'Mobile - 505 Games' started by 505Games-Mobile, Apr 20, 2016.

1. 505Games-Mobile

505Games-Mobile Developer 505 Games

Hello mobile Terrarians!

Quick rundown of a small hotfix coming your way. It is being submitted today to Apple and Google Play. If all goes well and is approved, you will see it on your devices within the next 24-48h.

The main focus for this update is to address a nasty crash bug that cropped up around the use of Fireflies/Lightning bugs - both the critters themselves and the "In a Jar" decorations would cause an instant crash. This has now been addressed, along with a few other smaller items.
    • Fix for crashes caused by Firefly or lightning bug.
    • Fix for Tizona's crafting recipe.
    • Fix for Minions being deleted when no mana available.
    • Fix for Rainbow gun projectile disappearing after 5 seconds instead of 10.
    • Fix for incorrect tooltip message Spider mask.

We will update you once we have news on the Amazon and Windows Phone versions, as we are still actively working on those.

We will also have news around the next update coming to mobile in the near future - stay tuned there.

Thanks for your patience and support!

2. Oleg34518

Oleg34518 Official Terrarian

Even though i'm not a mobile user i feel happy for mobile Terrarians because the update is out.

Damir hartfield and PandoPon like this.
  3. EPICFACE07

EPICFACE07 Skeletron Prime

This is great news for
    Mobile terrarian's I did notice the minion bug glad to see it fixed.

Safeman likes this.
  4. Duke of Fishron

Duke of Fishron Skeletron Prime

Yes! my mobile terraria always crashes. Really hope this is fixed.

Epicninja, EPICFACE07 and Safeman like this.
  5. EPICFACE07

EPICFACE07 Skeletron Prime

Yeah it's good to see the terraria team fixing these bugs to keep the mobile
    Terrarian's good
    Job to you terraria team. I think I might just go and enjoy a bit of mobile terraria in bed :)

6. Leinfors

Leinfors Quality Assurance Staff Member Moderator Re-Logic

For a little elaboration on the types of issues the firefly fix may be resolving:
    - People who, starting last update, found that they were spontaneously and randomly crashing at night when on the surface for no apparent reason (it meant a firefly/lightning bug spawned off screen)
    - People who suddenly found that they were crashing on loading a world (if there was a firefly/lightning bug jar in their house at spawn)
    - People who suddenly found that entering some of their buildings resulted in a crash (because there was a firefly jar in that building)

A lot of these crashes may have appeared to be very random and unpredicatable; this is because you never got to see the cause of the crash when it happened (fireflies, that is). This should alleviate those issues. :)

Damir hartfield likes this.
  7. Sword Ace

Sword Ace The Destroyer

It fixed about five bugs. I wouldn't call it "the update."

TriforceHero1279 likes this.
  8. Android Fan

Android Fan Terrarian

Soon we will get info on an upcoming update?
    Is it HAPPENING? :0
    1.3 or Medium Size Worlds? or both in the same update...
    Or a bug fix :D

The version i have is 1.2.11979 but ingame in the menu it says 11977 is that normal or a small typo 0.o

Also in google play the update description is wrong it should say 11965 not 11964 xD

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  9. YoshiGator

YoshiGator Terrarian

Im kinda against the minion bug being fixed since not only is it not a bother, but its the only way to cancel the minion buff (after taking off any minion armors though) But otherwise its nice to get a slight bugfix. Thanks :p

10. Katt

Katt Terrarian

Staff of Frost Hydra is still bugged. :/

11. TerraNova Gaming

TerraNova Gaming Official Terrarian

The Minion Bug should've been left there but oh well, some people like their minions. The other fixes are great although I never had crashes due to Fireflies/ Lightning Bugs and In A Jar Items. The Rainbow Gun fix is very helpful and so is the Tooltip Fix for the Spider Mask. Love reading those.

@505Games-Mobile : You guys are rocking it! Small fixes and updates are well worth it! Keep up the good work! Been a fan since Terraria first came out on mobile! Don't stop making this game more awesome!!
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 21, 2016, Original Post Date: Apr 21, 2016 ---
    Soon, not very soon, but soon....or maybe....

12. TheLegendOfAbe

TheLegendOfAbe Terrarian

The first two lines rhyme.

13. TerraDream274

TerraDream274 Plantera

Still my bug reports are not having
    answers like the ugly stationary torch animation. Its been a 7 month old request since the trailer. Please bring back the PC-like glowy and realistic torch in the mobile terraria. @505Games-Mobile CYMERA_20160421_161217.jpg

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  14. rikuryu

rikuryu Terrarian

can i get a ocram mask?
    i killed over 200 ocram...
    i can't get ocram mask
    pls fix this bug

xperia z3
    new version

15. BlackZone

BlackZone Terrarian

um...ok but when will 1.3 will come mobile terraria just asking ^_^

16. YoshiGator

YoshiGator Terrarian

Probably years to come maybe. The high end phones will probably lag a little and crash here and there. They can only optimize a game without breaking it so much :(

Sword Ace likes this.
  17. BlackZone

BlackZone Terrarian

But keep up the good work im still waiting for more hotfix update and especially 1.3 update I love TERRARIA FOREVER!!! ^O^

Daikonradish likes this.
  18. Katt

Katt Terrarian

I'd be really crestfallen if they didn't add in the Lunar Events or Martian Madness.

Sword Ace likes this.
  19. nilepereiraa

nilepereiraa Plantera

As long as phones and tablets start getting 4GB of RAM and an Intel Core i5, Terraria Mobile 1.3 should come out xD

20. Android Fan

Android Fan Terrarian

Yeah sure i can play 1.2.4 small world with 3 freezes in 2 days and no lag on a 512mb ram phone from 2012 or something 1.3 will require 4gb ram high end phones
    That was sarcasm incase u dont get it

And i can play 1.3.0.8 medium world on a pentium ancient pc with 2gb ancient ram so i know what im talking about screw what system requirements say this is a 2d game not crysis to have a monster pc/phone to play