tModLoader Mod of Redemption

Did you ever actually use Mod of Randomness?

• Total voters
The new Town NPS Star God will literally drop from the Corrupted Star God (like Slicer from Dark Slime:bslime:).
His defend weapon will be Nebula Arcanum (like Guide`s Wooden Bow).

His replies:
"Hello... Just want to say: Thank you, Terrarian for saving me and my pet from Evil Corruption!" (right after beating the Corrupted Star God)
"It`s a beautiful day outside. Birds are singing, flowers are blooming..." (During a day)
"Night... Very dangerous, but so many stars... Isn`t it?" (During a night)
"Do you know a person, named Chara? Me - not." (If name is Asriel Dreemur)
"So... You killed the Moonlord, right? At least, you let him out of his misery..."
"Hey, pal... I have some starrish items, you don`t wanna buy?"
"Moonlord? Yep, he is my elder brother."
"Hello! Have a nice night!"
"(name of merchant) seems to think the moon is made of cheese. That's silly." (If the merchant is present)
"These Vlitch Overlords seems to be very villianous..." (If the Vlitch Overlords have been defeated)
"Did you knew about the legendery being, named The King Chicken? He is very strong, scary and evil." (If the King Chicken has been defeated)
"These Mechanical creatures seems to be soulless and strong. (If the Mechanical Bosses have been defeated)
"Oh, you saved my pet too? That`s wonderful! He seems to like you." (If the Player has a Suspicios Looking Star in his inventory)

The new Town NPS Star God will literally drop from the Corrupted Star God (like Slicer from Dark Slime:bslime:).
His defend weapon will be Nebula Arcanum (like Guide`s Wooden Bow).

His replies:
"Hello... Just want to say: Thank you, Terrarian for saving me and my pet from Evil Corruption!" (right after beating the Corrupted Star God)
"It`s a beautiful day outside. Birds are singing, flowers are blooming..." (During a day)
"Night... Very dangerous, but so many stars... Isn`t it?" (During a night)
"Do you know a person, named Chara? Me - not." (If name is Asriel Dreemur)
"So... You killed the Moonlord, right? At least, you let him out of his misery..."
"Hey, pal... I have some starrish items, you don`t wanna buy?"
"Moonlord? Yep, he is my elder brother."
"Hello! Have a nice night!"
"(name of merchant) seems to think the moon is made of cheese. That's silly." (If the merchant is present)
"These Vlitch Overlords seems to be very villianous..." (If the Vlitch Overlords have been defeated)
"Did you knew about the legendery being, named The King Chicken? He is very strong, scary and evil." (If the King Chicken has been defeated)
"These Mechanical creatures seems to be soulless and strong. (If the Mechanical Bosses have been defeated)
"Oh, you saved my pet too? That`s wonderful! He seems to like you." (If the Player has a Suspicios Looking Star in his inventory)
ok, looks good

Hallam! I have a LITTLE idea for your mod.:sslime:
You have a Boreal Stave in your mod, right? Than, why
you haven`t got in your mod LIVING CACTUS STAVE?:sslime::sslime::sslime:
Also idea is about Pumpkin Stave and Pumpkin Seed Bag (summons rolling Halloween Pumpkin).
How is idea?:hoppinjack::sslime:

Last edited:
Hallam! I have a LITTLE idea for your mod.:sslime:
You have a Boreal Stave in your mod, right? Than, why
you haven`t got in your mod LIVING CACTUS STAVE?:sslime::sslime::sslime:
Also idea is about Pumpkin Stave and Pumpkin Seed Bag (summons rolling Halloween Pumpkin).
How is idea?:hoppinjack::sslime:

In Vlitch We Trust!
8XvQ5oI.png
YTrfvX5.png

18NlQqz.png
That's good, I might add that.
Also, do you know how to change your signature on here, because you can put the 'I Support' stuff in that and it'll show on every comment you post. Like how I have the Redemption logo under my messages.

Since this mod is small/medium sized I have decided to run it in my server among others. Here's my feedback so far, based on my opinions. It's packed with criticism and, if I sound rude in any way or part of it, keep in mind that this is not my intention. Note that I haven't seen half of what the mod has to offer yet AND I'm a perfectionist.

Please, discuss those with me:

-Living bloom Is a weird enemy and feels out of place. I'd really rather have it with a different model.

-I'd rather not have any critters being added to the game. They'll have to share spawn pool with other critters from other mods (besides the vanilla game), as well as distract me and overload the server (even if just a little).

-I'd like to fight The Mighty King Chicken as soon as possible, but the requirement to craft the golden/platinum crown makes it too hard to fight it on the very early game.The 20 egg requirement would be understandable if the chicken wasn't sharing the spawn pool rate with other creatures.

-The Kanie ore is used only for tools and 4 weapons. I found it on the surface and crafting a Kanite pickaxe made things way too easy. I'd rather NOT have a new ore in the game, specially when it crafts very little things that are overpowered.

Since this mod is small/medium sized I have decided to run it in my server among others. Here's my feedback so far, based on my opinions. It's packed with criticism and, if I sound rude in any way or part of it, keep in mind that this is not my intention. Note that I haven't seen half of what the mod has to offer yet AND I'm a perfectionist.

Please, discuss those with me:

-Living bloom Is a weird enemy and feels out of place. I'd really rather have it with a different model.

-I'd rather not have any critters being added to the game. They'll have to share spawn pool with other critters from other mods (besides the vanilla game), as well as distract me and overload the server (even if just a little).

-I'd like to fight The Mighty King Chicken as soon as possible, but the requirement to craft the golden/platinum crown makes it too hard to fight it on the very early game.The 20 egg requirement would be understandable if the chicken wasn't sharing the spawn pool rate with other creatures.

-The Kanie ore is used only for tools and 4 weapons. I found it on the surface and crafting a Kanite pickaxe made things way too easy. I'd rather NOT have a new ore in the game, specially when it crafts very little things that are overpowered.
- The Living Bloom got resprited by Tied recently, so this is what it'll look like.
t6ZjZNa.png

- Critters don't take up npcSlots, and most are pretty rare, so I don't think they'll affect normal enemies spawn rates. Also, chickens don't spawn near town NPCs in the latest update.

- The latest update has bland crowns, which don't need a ruby, but the eggs needed are doubled. With a normal crown, the crafting recipe should be 10 eggs.

- Kanite is planning on making more late-game stuff, I just haven't added that stuff in yet. I should nerf the Kanite Pickaxe and the Pistol though. And it's also used for thorium-tier armour aswell.

NOTE: I have not experienced the whole mod yet.

-The new living bloom sprite still weird and feels out of place to me. It doesn't look like a virus anymore but it is still too thin ans skinny, thing that no enemy in Terraria ever was. Plus, the green color of it doesn't fit the outworld very well...
-Ancient World Stave, Gauche World Stave and the Starbound Stave have a horrible effect.
-I have only cheated them out for testing, haven't actually crafted and used them on a gameplay but, aren't the druid seeds excessive in amount? There's so many of them...
-All druid seeds could use improvement on their visual effects.
-Is there a balancing purpose behind the weight of the seeds?
-Spirit Wyvern in a Bottle has annoying sounds.

Also, is it possible to release every druid class related item in a separated mod, so I can use it with, let's say, Thorium? If I use both mods at once it will mess up the whole loot and npc spawn ratio...

- Tied's really the only spriter and I'm the only coder, so you'll have to deal with the living bloom until someone improves it further.
- With the World Staves, what do you mean by horrible effect? like what it does or the circle thing?
- For the druid seeds having better visual effects, as i said before, i'm the only coder, so it'll take a long time to do all that.
- Some seeds fall slowly because hitting a tile too quickly will possibly make the plant spawn in a tile, not on.
- For the spirit wyvern... I thought it sounded cute, doing its little poof poof poof ;-; (but i will change that if you want)

For druid stuff being its own mod... i donno, a few stuff are half druid class and half another, so i kinda need it to be with Redemption

-Let's say I make a new sprite for the Bloom or anything else. If you like it, would you considering using it instead?
-The circle thing. It's just a solid color...
-I don't mean the time it takes for them to fall, but how far you can actually throw them. It's like if they were as heavy as steel, it only goes 1 or 2 metters in front of your cahracter...
-Well, he has the sound of being casted, then the 3 poof poof poof. If you spam that, which is what you usualy do in Terraria... It becomes a poluition of sound.

Don't change something "if I wan't, analyse the criticism, avaluate, see for yourself ingame and judge if you belive it indeed needs to change. It's your mod, after all!

Oh, and I've used the ancient bronze brick as a roof for my house but it wouldn't blend with the wood tiles. Also, there wasn't any shadow between the roof and the wood.

-Let's say I make a new sprite for the Bloom or anything else. If you like it, would you considering using it instead?
-The circle thing. It's just a solid color...
-I don't mean the time it takes for them to fall, but how far you can actually throw them. It's like if they were as heavy as steel, it only goes 1 or 2 metters in front of your cahracter...
-Well, he has the sound of being casted, then the 3 poof poof poof. If you spam that, which is what you usualy do in Terraria... It becomes a poluition of sound.

Don't change something "if I wan't, analyse the criticism, avaluate, see for yourself ingame and judge if you belive it indeed needs to change. It's your mod, after all!

Oh, and I've used the ancient bronze brick as a roof for my house but it wouldn't blend with the wood tiles. Also, there wasn't any shadow between the roof and the wood.
- Yeah, if it's better than the original
- I'll possibly improve that later on
- I thought the distance thrown was fine
- I'll change the wyvern sounds
- ancient bronze bricks arent a thing, i think you mean ancient stone brick. and i donno how to fix that yet, only know how to make tiles merge with dirt

Hallam! How about add The Overgrown Galaxy Pillar? (like solar pillar, nebula pillar, stardust pillar....)

Enemies:
The Overgrown Plant
The Overgrown Plant Matriarch
Overgrown Druid
Overgrown Soul Druid
The Soulless (this enemy is already in your mod, he may be in this tower!)

How is idea?:rslime::gslime::gslime::gslime:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom