My AMAMOAA (Ask Me And My OCs Almost Anything)

Should I make an Art/Music thread?

• Total voters
*Revives thread*
Is it weird that I'm between sad and frustrated about Madeline and Eve no longer being Pokémon? Because I'm genuinely feeling both of those things because of that fact.

For Pokémon-centric RPs, they will be Pokémon still. It wouldn't make sense to change them there. To specify, though, they aren't human (Outside of their Survival of the Fastest appearances) now either. Eve is a member of a custom race I made with its own lore, the Onicat, and I'm still finalizing Madeline's design but she will be an anthropomorphic cat of some kind (now with a lab coat).

To answer the actual question, I am a person who is very put off by change so I can't really say it's weird.

For Pokémon-centric RPs, they will be Pokémon still. It wouldn't make sense to change them there.
Makes sense. I think it's mainly RJITU that's causing me to feel that way, because of Deca having been inspired by Madeline in a way.
*Waves for some reason*
To specify, though, they aren't human (Outside of their Survival of the Fastest appearances) now either. Eve is a member of a custom race I made with its own lore, the Onicat, and I'm still finalizing Madeline's design but she will be an anthropomorphic cat of some kind (now with a lab coat).
Huh.

Makes sense. I think it's mainly RJITU that's causing me to feel that way, because of Deca having been inspired by Madeline in a way.
*Waves for some reason*

Huh.
Huh, I didn't know that. That's kind of ironic, because Madeline's ability to communicate with humans stemmed from a conversation I had with my friend who used to be on here, before I even joined the forums, when I was workshopping my first rp character and they brought up a Sandshrew in RJITU that could speak. Guess who that is.

I'm still deciding whether they will say as Pokémon in RJITU specifically, because Pokémon are canon in that rp and because both characters debuted there. Eve's whole existence was kind of messy because Madeline made the timeline she was born in synthetically using Reese's RESET power, but now that timeline is my official backstory for the two of them (I liked it better) so I guess it's retroactively canon? This also means that Enigma is only indirectly canon now; He likely does exist but until I decide to revisit him there isn't any actual evidence of his existence in any of my canon. This kind of isn't relevant to changing their designs, but it also is because RJITU basically holds the first draft stage of my main canon and I kinda want to keep that because now the specific instances of my characters there are unique.

Idk which part of those two sentences this is responding to but

A. Survival of the fastest is the weirdest things have ever gotten for my characters to date, and as a result nothing that happens in that rp is canon to the primary versions of the characters. This also means they're in danger of being killed off
B. It'd probably make more sense if I showed their designs but I want to finalize all of my character revamps before I post them here (if ever, depending). They still look very similar to their Pokémon forms, if that's what you're worried about.

Huh, I didn't know that. That's kind of ironic, because Madeline's ability to communicate with humans stemmed from a conversation I had with my friend who used to be on here, before I even joined the forums, when I was workshopping my first rp character and they brought up a Sandshrew in RJITU that could speak. Guess who that is.
So basically we just played tennis without either of us realizing it?
I'm still deciding whether they will say as Pokémon in RJITU specifically, because Pokémon are canon in that rp and because both characters debuted there. Eve's whole existence was kind of messy because Madeline made the timeline she was born in synthetically using Reese's RESET power, but now that timeline is my official backstory for the two of them (I liked it better) so I guess it's retroactively canon? This also means that Enigma is only indirectly canon now; He likely does exist but until I decide to revisit him there isn't any actual evidence of his existence in any of my canon. This kind of isn't relevant to changing their designs, but it also is because RJITU basically holds the first draft stage of my main canon and I kinda want to keep that because now the specific instances of my characters there are unique.
Not sure what to really say about this, other than I kind of miss Pardio (I think that was their name? The Liepard from Madeline's original timeline thingy)...
B. It'd probably make more sense if I showed their designs but I want to finalize all of my character revamps before I post them here (if ever, depending). They still look very similar to their Pokémon forms, if that's what you're worried about.
I think it's mostly just the change in general that's worrying me.

I think Eve and Madeline are pretty iconic, but I personally understand the change entirely as someone who also avoids using characters based off of other canons. I don't really have a reason for it though as I don't plan on using them anywhere else...

Oh and also if anyone did try to get any Pokemon RPs back up let's just say I have ideas.

Eve's whole existence was kind of messy because Madeline made the timeline she was born in synthetically using Reese's RESET power, but now that timeline is my official backstory for the two of them (I liked it better) so I guess it's retroactively canon?
Interestingly enough, the way that the power to RESET was used here kind of reminds me of a power from a different AU that I'm aware of...

<To Madeline> If you had mind controlling powers, what would you use them for, if at all?

<To you> Who are your 3 favorite Terraria NPCs, and what are your favorite quotes from each of them?

So basically we just played tennis without either of us realizing it?

Not sure what to really say about this, other than I kind of miss Pardio (I think that was their name? The Liepard from Madeline's original timeline thingy)...

I think it's mostly just the change in general that's worrying me.
Yup. Inspiration inception lol

Pario is also in a very weird spot. Did I ever confirm his death? I don't even remember but he canonically dies in Timeline 2 (Universal balance for creating Eve) so his RJITU incarnation might be the only one left now if I didn't kill him off during M2's introduction. What is it you miss about him though? He spent basically his entire time in RJITU sleeping, and never really got developed.

That's fair.
I think Eve and Madeline are pretty iconic, but I personally understand the change entirely as someone who also avoids using characters based off of other canons. I don't really have a reason for it though as I don't plan on using them anywhere else...

Oh and also if anyone did try to get any Pokemon RPs back up let's just say I have ideas.
Yeah that's why I am likely keeping them as Pokémon in RJITU, it :red:s up the lore pretty bad if they aren't and yes those versions of them are kinda iconic atp.

Also, on the topic of these two and I Choose You, idk if you guys remember Harlem and Neon? Harlem has gotten more development over the past year as a character than basically any other OC I have (Not overall, but definitely in that time he got developed the most). He's got a full team, a proper design, and a story arc with a brand new main antagonist. And Neon ties into basically all of my Pokémon World lore in one way or another. So even though my primary Pokémon characters have (technically) been removed I have a lot of stuff to go off of now.

Oh and before I forget, Madeline and Eve (in Pokémon form) are still canon to my Pokémon World. It's just that those characters as you know them (Namely Madeline being a scientist) is no longer canon to it. Madeline and Eve both used to be Harlem's Pokémon, got severely injured in an illegal fight, and got abandoned at the Pokémon Center. But that's where their relevance mostly ends for now, since they exist there solely for continuity and as a nod to their origins.

Sorry for the text wall, I had a lot to say :/

I thought it was Neo... lemme go fix my notes.
What is it you miss about him though? He spent basically his entire time in RJITU sleeping, and never really got developed.
I don't know, I just miss him for some reason.
He could always be brought back and developed.
Brain shut up about him befriending Deca even though it'd be hilarious
What- Why?!
Idon'tknoweitherDeca-

Interestingly enough, the way that the power to RESET was used here kind of reminds me of a power from a different AU that I'm aware of...

<To Madeline> If you had mind controlling powers, what would you use them for, if at all?

<To you> Who are your 3 favorite Terraria NPCs, and what are your favorite quotes from each of them?
I'd imagine it's like a lot of AUs. It comes from my own headcanon, which seems pretty common among people (especially writers) in the UT fandom, that RESETS just branch the timeline instead of actually reseting. It just makes more sense to me, and also means there are still consequences for the characters' actions.

"I don't think I'd use them. I can do enough as it is, and I can afford to solve my problems directly now anyways. Besides, I consider mind control to be pretty unethical."

My three favorite NPCs are the Arms Dealer, the Demolitionist, and the Goblin Tinkerer because they have the most personality in my opinion.
These are my favorite quotes for each:
-Arms Dealer: "Man, it's a good night not to talk to anybody, don't you think?" (Blood Moon)
-Demolitionist: "If you throw this one in the bathtub and close all the windows, it'll clear your sinuses and pop your ears!" (Nighttime)
-Goblin Tinkerer: "[The Mechanic] makes my cardiac core function improperly, it appears I love how that feels!"
I thought it was Neo... lemme go fix my notes.

I don't know, I just miss him for some reason.
He could always be brought back and developed.
Brain shut up about him befriending Deca even though it'd be hilarious
What- Why?!
Idon'tknoweitherDeca-
His full name is Neon Signa (As in neon sign). It's a little on-the-nose for a Spikemuther but it's not a bad name and I think it's funny.

Perhaps.

His full name is Neon Signa (As in neon sign). It's a little on-the-nose for a Spikemuther but it's not a bad name and I thought it was funny.
Do you have any idea how tempted I now am to have Signa's last name be Neon as my response to this? Because while you were gone I made a Servine, hyperfixated on him, and six hours later made a character named Signa.
Final question: Mind posting in TLPW real quick? I need to get Deca's upcoming description rework and an old PDF to my phone and TLPW is the best place for me to post those.

Do you have any idea how tempted I now am to have Signa's last name be Neon as my response to this? Because while you were gone I made a Servine, hyperfixated on him, and six hours later made a character named Signa.

Final question: Mind posting in TLPW real quick? I need to get Deca's upcoming description rework and an old PDF to my phone and TLPW is the best place for me to post those.
Funny coincidence #2 today (Or actually maybe #3), that's gotta be some kind of record lol

I'm writing a message in TLPW as we speak.

I'm not really sure. It's only been a few days, after all. But it's been enjoyable so far so I'll probably be staying for a little while at least. The only thing that would really guarantee I become somewhat active here ongoing isn't really something I could predict at the moment, so it's hard to say for sure.

So I guess my short answer is that time will tell.

If you were a Pokémon Gym Leader, what Pokémon type would your gym be?

It's only been a few days, after all. But it's been enjoyable so far so I'll probably be staying for a little while at least. The only thing that would really guarantee I become somewhat active here ongoing isn't really something I could predict at the moment, so it's hard to say for sure.
Also, welcome back!

If you were a Pokémon Gym Leader, what Pokémon type would your gym be?

Also, welcome back!
Fairy. Coincidentally, I am a Gym Leader in the Pokémon League here on the forums that I started, and I’m a Fairy Type leader there. It’s my favorite type, and a lot of its members have some interesting battle mechanics as well (Togekiss’ Serene Grace, Comfey’s Triage, and Mimikyu’s Disguise just off the top of my head)

Thanks!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom