tAPI NeoMods

I spawned Master Crafter during pre-Hardmode using Shockah's FCM. I tried to kill him by throwing some Rotten Eggs at him, when he's about to die, an error occurred.
HTML:
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: No key "MasterCrafter:MasterCrafterHead" found
  at TAPI.WrapperDictionary`2.get_Item( key)
  at NeoMasterCrafter.NPCs.MasterCrafter.HitEffect(System.Int32 hitDirection, System.Double damage, System.Boolean isDead)
  at Terraria.NPC.HitEffect(System.Int32 hitDirection = 0, System.Double dmg = 10)
  at Terraria.NPC.StrikeNPC(System.Int32 Damage, System.Single knockBack, System.Int32 hitDirection, System.Boolean crit = False, System.Boolean noEffect = False, System.Single critMult = 2)
  at Terraria.Projectile.Damage()
  at Terraria.Projectile.Update(System.Int32 i)
  at Terraria.Main.UpdateReal(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime)

One thing i noticed was that the Master Crafter npc sells a light disc? Not sure if caused by other mods that im playing with.
Thank you both. These issues have been fixed and new versions uploaded.

Neo Debug Info is now available in the OP. It is intended to be a debug/diagnostic/info tool for modders. It consists of two main parts: a Debug Window and a Debug Mouse Tooltip.

Debug Window - F4 key to Show/Hide
The debug window has several screens or pages. The Home and End keys are used to cycle through the pages. Each page is intended to show information about various aspects of the game. Currently the available pages are: Tile, Player, NPC, World and Console.

The Tile Info page displays information about the tile the cursor is hovering over. Name, type, wall, liquid, etc. The Player Info page has position, velocity, etc. The NPC Info page has info about the last NPC that was hovered over. The World Info page will have info about the world you're in. And the Console page will be an alternative to sending debug messages to the chat window or attaching a debugger.

Debug Mouse Tooltip - Shift+F4 to Show/Hide
Displays the information from the Tile Info page, but in a tooltip instead of a dedicated window.

I would like to add the ability for other mods to add additional pages that they set up themselves. And allow other mods to send messages to the console page. Also I would like to implement a Controls feature, where instead of displaying text, a control is created (such as a button, slider, or text input) that allows aspects of the game to be manipulated.

What I've released is kind of a working concept, a skeleton of the idea I have in mind. If it seems interesting give it a try and let me know what you think. I'm still trying to figure out what info each page should have, and would appreciate any ideas on the subject. I hope you find it useful!

Edit:
Updated the standalone version of Neo Recipe Book. The window should no longer open while editing a chest name or sign, while chatting, or while typing in general.

Edit 2:
Neo Recipe Book FCM Ext has been updated to include the enhancements added into the standalone version.

Last edited:
A number of mods have been updated:

• Neo Utilities
    • Added Quick-Recall Hotkey to use Magic Mirror or Recall Potion
    • Added Hotbar item swap
    • Added additional chest recipes
    • Added modification to the way Celestial accessories work
    • Added NPCs and Players receive Wet Debuff when out in rain
    • Added Insta-Pause option for Autopause. Instantly pauses the game instead of toggling Autopause setting
    • Added option for Show Time to only show the time while a key is held down
    • Improved Light Ambiance
  • Neo Debug Info
    • Added an alternative Developer Console
    • Added additional info to Tile Page
  • Neo Master Crafter
    • Added Sunlit boss summon items

The mods look pretty good, keep doing the great work.
Here's an ice cube as a reward:
c4Xb3QJ.png

Is there plans for hard mode versions of the combined crafting stations?
Yes and no. There are plans, and additional images have been created, but I haven't created tiles or items for them yet. I have a lot more fun figuring out and learning how to do something new in a mod, than I do repeating something I've done before. So I'm finding it difficult to make myself finish them up. I'd say for sure three more combined stations will be added, and possibly 4 additional more after that.

I'd also like to play around with dynamically creating them so you can combine any of them in any order.

In other news I just uploaded the latest version of Neo Recipe Book. It includes a mode (off by default) where the recipe ingredients have to be picked up by the player, before the recipe will be shown in the book. It also includes options for setting whether you need to have found All the required ingredients, or just half of the ingredients before the recipe shows up in the book.

xGw1BGL.png

I downloaded the Neo Recipe Book FCM Extension and got this crash upon reloading mods:
TAPI.Mods+LoadException: NeoRecipeBookFCMExt.tapi: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes()
at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
at TAPI.ReflectionHelper.FindSubclasses(Assembly code, Type superclass)
at TAPI.Mod.<Load>b__0(BinBuffer bb)
at TAPI.Mods.HandleTapiModFile(FPath path, Action`1 action)
at TAPI.Mods.HandleModFile(FPath path, Action`1 action)
at TAPI.Mod.Load()
at TAPI.Mods.Load()
at TAPI.Mods.Load()
I have the required mods.

I have installed a lot of these mods and the disassembly station helps a lot! However, I cant seem to get the 'NeoTiledForegrounds' mod to work, I stood next to grass and I was still in front of it. o_O

EDIT: Crash Bug:

TAPI.Mods+LoadException: NeoRecipeBookFCMExt.tapi: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
at TAPI.Mod.Load()
at TAPI.Mods.Load()
at TAPI.Mods.Load()

I downloaded the Neo Recipe Book FCM Extension and got this crash upon reloading mods:
at TAPI.Mod.Load()
at TAPI.Mods.Load()
at TAPI.Mods.Load()
I have the required mods.

EDIT: Crash Bug:

at TAPI.Mod.Load()
at TAPI.Mods.Load()
at TAPI.Mods.Load()

A few others have reported this crash as well. Unfortunately I haven't been able to determine the cause of this crash, and may not be able to until tAPI r15 comes out. It's supposed to have additional crash log information. I need to be able to retrieve the inner LoaderExceptions property to identify the exact cause of the error. For the time being anyone receiving this error can switch to using the Standalone version that doesn't require Shockah.Base or the FCM. The biggest difference is it's opened from a key press instead of the FCM button.

I have installed a lot of these mods and the disassembly station helps a lot! However, I cant seem to get the 'NeoTiledForegrounds' mod to work, I stood next to grass and I was still in front of it. o_O
Did you also download and enable NeoTileForegroundsDemo? NeoTileForegrounds by itself just allows tiles to be set as foreground, but doesn't set any as such. Another mod is needed to setup the tiles as foreground tiles. I thought this would encourage mod developers to encorporate foreground elements into their own mods, but it hasn't been as popular as I hoped.

Thank you for reporting this. Fix has been uploaded!
I am sorry for posting incorrect bug report, I noticed that what makes player dropping item while using Quick-Recall is that both Quick-Recall and "Throw" have the same default shortcut key (T). So, after changing the key, the mod works just fine.

The real bug: It consumes two (2) Recall potions if the potion is not selected. If the potion is selected, it works normally.

I am sorry for posting incorrect bug report, I noticed that what makes player dropping item while using Quick-Recall is that both Quick-Recall and "Throw" have the same default shortcut key (T). So, after changing the key, the mod works just fine.

The real bug: It consumes two (2) Recall potions if the potion is not selected. If the potion is selected, it works normally.
You may have posted an incorrect bug, but it did draw my attention to an actual bug, so it was useful all the same.

As for the new bug report, I've updated it again to hopefully fix 2 recall potions being consumed. And I've also changed the default Quick Recall hotkey to 'R'. Maybe that's a better key. It's kind of funny, I had forgotten that I changed my default keys, which is why I choose 'T' originally, because in my setup 'T' is unused as 'R' is set to throw items.

Hopefully this works out better.

A new mod has been released - Neo Tile Direction! Place statues, craft stations and more facing either direction! Available in the OP.
ksm7WRH.png

Additionally, I'm looking for any comments on the Light Ambiance feature of Neo Utilities. I haven't heard anyone's opinion on it yet. Is it so slight a change as to be unnoticed? Such a bad addition you disable it right away?

How about the Sunlit Boss Summoning items available in Neo Master Crafter? Anyone try fighting Skeletron Prime during the light of day yet?

Any ideas on what info would be useful to see in Neo Debug Info?

Awesome fix, I''m going to try out the Ambiance feature later tonight. The Sunlits work fine. I haven't used debug, sorry. Also, as in the above posts, @Neojin ,may I use your mod in a modpack? I am not combining code or anything of that sort. I am merely summarizing what certain mods do and linking downloads. Keep on working!

Awesome fix, I''m going to try out the Ambiance feature later tonight. The Sunlits work fine. I haven't used debug, sorry. Also, as in the above posts, @Neojin ,may I use your mod in a modpack? I am not combining code or anything of that sort. I am merely summarizing what certain mods do and linking downloads. Keep on working!
I can't find it now, but I thought you tagged me in a post saying to disregard your earlier question, so I never responded. But to answer your question, I'm wondering what you mean by 'modpack' in this case. You say you're not combining code, so then you're not creating a single tAPI mod file to be used. Does that mean you're creating a zip file with multiple mods inside it? But since you say you're just summarizing mods and linking to their downloads, does that mean you're asking to create a new Forum Thread that describes mods and links to their original threads?

If you're creating a single new tAPI file with my mods along side other mods, I'd rather not have mine included unless it was necessary to alter the code slightly to make it compatible with another mods functioning. This way I can track the download count, have an easier time identifying bugs, and allow people to download the latest update as soon as I release it.
If you're creating a zip file that contains my mods along side other mods, I suppose this would be ok, because I'd really like as many people as possible to enjoy my mods. I would still lose track of my download count though, and you would need to try and update the zip file contents as often as I update the mods. I personally don't see the benefit of combining mods, but I've seen a few posts with others saying how much they like them, so I'm not against them being created.
If you're just creating a thread that summarizes various mods and links to their original thread, I would be happy to have mine included. If you link to the download just be sure to use the goo.gl shortened url I provided so I can still keep track of the download count.

One thing I'd like to mention - With most of the compilation attempts I've seen in the past, one problem that arises is users aren't as likely to post bugs and comments in the original threads, but instead post them in the compilation thread. This makes it more difficult for mod developers to see these posts. Try and direct anyone using your compilation to post in the original mods thread.

Neo Master Crafter Updated to include 2 new tiles: Coil and Coil Amplifier
zX7fQEd.png
SzPda6i.png
L3f5a6F.png
VFdtHsF.png

Coils work continually to spread Purity, Corruption, Crimson, Hallow, or Mushroom biomes where placed depending on the solution placed into the tile.

Neo Tile Foreground and the Demo have been updated to 2.0. Complete rewrite, much faster code, and now works with animated tiles.

Neo Tile Direction updated to fix the bug where textures didn't load when first started. Whenever a mod loads a custom texture to be used for a tile, it's important to set Main.tileSetsLoaded[ $tile.type$ ] = true.

Neo Master Crafter Updated to include 2 new tiles: Coil and Coil Amplifier
zX7fQEd.png
SzPda6i.png
L3f5a6F.png
VFdtHsF.png

Coils work continually to spread Purity, Corruption, Crimson, Hallow, or Mushroom biomes where placed depending on the solution placed into the tile.

Neo Tile Foreground and the Demo have been updated to 2.0. Complete rewrite, much faster code, and now works with animated tiles.

Neo Tile Direction updated to fix the bug where textures didn't load when first started. Whenever a mod loads a custom texture to be used for a tile, it's important to set Main.tileSetsLoaded[ $tile.type$ ] = true.
I'm guessing you the inspiration from T:OW? :D

Back
Top Bottom