tAPI NeoMods

I'm getting this error after the mods load while using the recipe book (Standalone)
Code:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: length
  at System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(System.Int32 startIndex, System.Int32 length, System.Boolean fAlwaysCopy)
  at System.String.Substring(System.Int32 startIndex, System.Int32 length)
  at NeoRecipeBook.IRecipeBook.Reset()
  at NeoRecipeBook.MBase.OnAllModsLoaded()
  at TAPI.Hooks.Call(System.Action[] ts)
  at TAPI.Mods.Load()
I can still play fine except for a couple of things:
  1. The buttons from Shockah's Fancy Cheat Menu don't show up.
  2. If I try opening the recipe book i get this other error and then the world closes:
Code:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  at NeoRecipeBook.MBase.CheckKeysPressed()
  at NeoRecipeBook.MBase.PostGameDraw(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch sb)
  at TAPI.Hooks.Call( ts,  a)
  at TAPI.Hooks+Base.PostGameDraw(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch sb)
  at Terraria.Main.Draw(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime)

Also, I found a bug with the coils.
If you have autopause turned on the coils destroy the solutions, so you have to use them while autopause is off.

I'm getting this error after the mods load while using the recipe book (Standalone)
Code:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: length
  at System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(System.Int32 startIndex, System.Int32 length, System.Boolean fAlwaysCopy)
  at System.String.Substring(System.Int32 startIndex, System.Int32 length)
  at NeoRecipeBook.IRecipeBook.Reset()
  at NeoRecipeBook.MBase.OnAllModsLoaded()
  at TAPI.Hooks.Call(System.Action[] ts)
  at TAPI.Mods.Load()

That's odd. I was checking for the position of a ':' in an item name. And all items should have a ':' I think. Either 'Vanilla:' or 'InternalModName:' or 'g:'. I have no idea why this would happen, but I threw in a check to skip any such items. Should be fixed now.

Code:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  at NeoRecipeBook.MBase.CheckKeysPressed()
  at NeoRecipeBook.MBase.PostGameDraw(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch sb)
  at TAPI.Hooks.Call( ts,  a)
  at TAPI.Hooks+Base.PostGameDraw(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch sb)
  at Terraria.Main.Draw(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime)

This one was probably related to the error above. Since the RecipeBook didn't initialize properly, it would crash when trying to open it. Shouldn't happen anymore if I properly fixed the first issue. But I also threw in a check to see if it did initialize propperly, so either way it should be fixed now.

Also, I found a bug with the coils.
If you have autopause turned on the coils destroy the solutions, so you have to use them while autopause is off.

I had the Coil Solution update check running in the Update() function of the tiles code, which doesn't run while Autopause is active. I moved the check to the PreDraw() function so all should be fixed now.

Thank you for helpful reports! Please let me know of any additional issues.

I try this mod and I like it.

When I try to place banner, the position for tile preview is at bottom of the banner but its position actually at the top.

Hey Neo! Nice mods. I just have one problem. Don't worry, it's not anything major, it's just that I want an option that can turn off the hotbar swap thing (Press the hotbar button and it will switch to the item under it). I like to make sure that I'm using, for example, a Water Bolt, which is in my 1st slot. So to make sure I'm using the item in slot 1, I press 1 again. So instead of using Water Bolt, I accidentally use a crap load of Mana Potions. So could you add an option to turn that off please? Thanks!

Agreed. That's been bewildering me a lot lately. It's very handy, but only when you're conscious that you're doing it! :p I keep my primary weapon in slot 1, and my hammer right under it. I keep swapping them. Interesting when building slopes.

Hey Neo! Nice mods. I just have one problem. Don't worry, it's not anything major, it's just that I want an option that can turn off the hotbar swap thing (Press the hotbar button and it will switch to the item under it). I like to make sure that I'm using, for example, a Water Bolt, which is in my 1st slot. So to make sure I'm using the item in slot 1, I press 1 again. So instead of using Water Bolt, I accidentally use a crap load of Mana Potions. So could you add an option to turn that off please? Thanks!
Yeah, that should have been optional from the start. Just an oversight. Update is available. Options are Off, On, and Hold Alt.
I try this mod and I like it.

When I try to place banner, the position for tile preview is at bottom of the banner but its position actually at the top.
The new update also includes some additional Tile Preview updates and now works with Neo Tile Direction to handle the additional directional tile previews.

Here's a preview of a new mod I've been working on the last couple of days:

I think I'm gonna call it Neo Terraria Draw

alGGu3D.gif
zcZ3saz.gif
SJHLdPv.gif
QXo0QL7.gif

alGGu3D.gif
zcZ3saz.gif
SJHLdPv.gif
QXo0QL7.gif
WOW

Incredibly awesome.
But it's incredibly OP too if used in normal terraria playthrough :)

alGGu3D.gif
zcZ3saz.gif
SJHLdPv.gif
QXo0QL7.gif

Do you plan to make pyramid and sky island spawnable?

That is awesome! For flood fill 2, are you using full bright from shockah's mods?
If so, how does it not crash tAPI. I have tried to use it but after turning it on it doesn't work.
Wil this mod allow you to place natural background walls?

WOW

Incredibly awesome.
But it's incredibly OP too if used in normal terraria playthrough :)
This would definitely be overpowered in a regular game! lol
I designed this after seeing some posts in the Player Suggestions forum about a 'Creative Mode'. It looked as though most of the mods that allow some sort of creative mode do so by giving the player unlimited amounts of the item being placed or overriding the consumeItem function. But you're still limited to only being able to place tiles the player can normally place, and only doing so 1 tile at a time. I thought implementing it as if it were a Paint type program would allow for much easier designing. So I'd say this mod is for people looking for some sort of creative mode, map makers / role play designers, and the people who make the neat artsy images in-game.
Wow, just wow.
That is the most amazing mod I've ever seen.
Maybe "Neo Paint" or "Neo Draw"?
Thank you! I like Neo Draw. I might use that instead! :)
Do you plan to make pyramid and sky island spawnable?
Sky Island will be. Pyramid is doable, but to make it possible post map generation, I have to allow it to override just about any tile it wants to. This may make some people upset if they miss-click, or don't like the result. I will probably hold off on including Pyramid, Dungeon, and Lihzahrd creation until the Undo system is perfected. Paint, erase, and fill have limited undo operations, but the generation functions take a lot more to make undoable.

Trees, epic trees, living trees and cactus are all included now, with Sky Island, Hive, and Spider Nest next on the todo list.
That is awesome! For flood fill 2, are you using full bright from shockah's mods?
If so, how does it not crash tAPI. I have tried to use it but after turning it on it doesn't work.
Wil this mod allow you to place natural background walls?
I am using Full Bright, but not from any other mod. It's my own implementation. It's really easy to do anyway, it's just one line of code. I've never had any trouble using it or Shockah's implementation of full bright. I hope mine works for you, please let me know if it doesn't.

All walls will be placeable including natural walls. There will be some Tabs on the side of the large list of items that lets you switch between tile and wall placement.

=====================================================

Some other info...

In the screenshots, when I move up to the top left box of buttons, the button with the wall mounted switch texture is the full bright toggle. There's also a toggle for grid view and wire view. The other buttons are square brush, circle brush, paint, erase, and fill.

Not visible in the screenshots is a third list box at the bottom left corner of the screen. If the tile selected to create has multiple variations it will allow you to select from them there. You can see the effects of it in the Paint example. After I select Short Grass Plants I choose which plant to draw: a blade of grass, the mushroom and the flower. This works for placing locked versions of chests for example.

The brush size ranges from 1 to 30 tiles wide. And is changed by using the mouse scroll wheel. Whenever an object is selected to place, like a table or furnace, the size will always be 1 tile.

While in Draw/Creative mode:
Player is immovable, and invulnerable
All movement is camera based
No creatures may spawn
No time passes

Will it be released soon? :confused:

---------------------------------------------------------------

Could you separate the horizontal-vertical brush size adjustment? For placing long wires. Also, I have a broken mouse which wheel doesn't work anymore :sigh:, so, will you kindly add "slider" or "number input" box to adjust the brush size? :p

One more thing. Perhaps, you could add tile/wall filtering/searching feature, if it isn't there yet.

Last edited:
Will it be released soon? :confused:

---------------------------------------------------------------

Could you separate the horizontal-vertical brush size adjustment? For placing long wires. Also, I have a broken mouse which wheel doesn't work anymore :sigh:, so, will you kindly add "slider" or "number input" box to adjust the brush size? :p

One more thing. Perhaps, you could add tile/wall filtering/searching feature, if it isn't there yet.
The mod is stable now, but I'm still working out the interface design. A lot of the more interesting features are only useable through random hotkeys I've assigned them to. I would say to expect a release tomorrow or Saturday.

I probably won't have separate horizontal/vertical brush size adjusters, but long wire placement should still be relatively easy by using the Line tool.

With the Line tool selected the first click places the start endpoint. Any blocks between the start endpoint and your mouse cursor will be highlighted yellow showing where the line would be created. The second click places the end endpoint and draws the line. Holding Alt while clicking to place the end endpoint draws the current line and immediately starts a new line at that location. Right clicking at any time cancels the line placement. The lines width can be adjusted, and camera movement is possible during placement allowing for extremely long lines to be placed.

I would like to add a slider for the brush size adjustment, but I haven't had any experience coding 'drag' type elements yet. I probably won't get around to that till after I add some other big features. Would hotkeys work for the time being? Perhaps the '+' and '-' key to increase/decrease brush size?

For the tile/wall list box, filters will be added at some point. (More of a drop-down selection choice really) A search box isn't planned for now, but isn't out of the question if it can be worked in nicely to the interface. The only thing available upon release though will be 2 sort options: By Tile/Wall ID, and by Name.

==================================================================

Additionally...

Redo is now available after an Undo is performed. For now Undo/Redo is limited to 10 operations, as some larger paint actions modify a large number of tiles, and I'm not sure how it will effect memory use yet.

You can create: Lihzahrd Temples, Cloud Islands, Cloud Island Houses, Underground Houses, Hell Houses, Pyramids, Hives, Lakes, and Cave Openings. Spider Nests are next to add. And I'm looking into Dungeon creation. Still need to add Undo/Redo operations for these.

The Line tool I mentioned above is near complete but may not be in the initial release.

The Selection tool is also in progress for a later release. I'm trying to tackle 'click and drag' actions here. It will allow you to select and highlight a group of tiles to perform various actions on. Cut, Copy, Delete, and ''Drag to Move' are planned, along with Pasting any Cut/Copied tiles at the cursors location. For Paste operations, once the Paste hotkey/button is pressed, highlighted tiles will appear under the mouse cursor showing which tiles would be affected. You can move the mouse around to get the perfect placement, then Left Click the mouse to Paste the tiles in, or Right Click to cancel Pasting.

I probably won't have separate horizontal/vertical brush size adjusters, but long wire placement should still be relatively easy by using the Line tool.

I would like to add a slider for the brush size adjustment, but I haven't had any experience coding 'drag' type elements yet. I probably won't get around to that till after I add some other big features. Would hotkeys work for the time being? Perhaps the '+' and '-' key to increase/decrease brush size?

Ah, so there's a Line tool, it'll be more than enough for wiring.
Hotkeys will be great. Or just simple "+" and "-" buttons interface will do too.

This would definitely be overpowered in a regular game! lol
I designed this after seeing some posts in the Player Suggestions forum about a 'Creative Mode'. It looked as though most of the mods that allow some sort of creative mode do so by giving the player unlimited amounts of the item being placed or overriding the consumeItem function. But you're still limited to only being able to place tiles the player can normally place, and only doing so 1 tile at a time. I thought implementing it as if it were a Paint type program would allow for much easier designing. So I'd say this mod is for people looking for some sort of creative mode, map makers / role play designers, and the people who make the neat artsy images in-game.

This will change Terraria's building contest. Assuming mod is acceptable :)

J'adore these mods a lot !
I didn't really want to download them at first but when I saw I could set off some thing (a.k.a Quick Swap) I just started DLing most of your mods.

I found one bug which can be truly annoying/exploited : whenever I use the quick recall key while holding an item with the cursor (Not in the inventory but not on the ground too) I get a cloned mirror (I was using it, didn't test recall pots) and I lose the item I was holding
I ended up with 2 mirrors, The original one and a clone one being held.

EDIT : Here are some screenshots to help you a bit
Before.png

Held item is a Potion of Healing (Before)

After.png

Held item is now another mirror ! (After)

Who let the :joy: out ?

Last edited:
J'adore these mods a lot !
I didn't really want to download them at first but when I saw I could set off some thing (a.k.a Quick Swap) I just started DLing most of your mods.

I found one bug which can be truly annoying/exploited : whenever I use the quick recall key while holding an item with the cursor (Not in the inventory but not on the ground too) I get a cloned mirror (I was using it, didn't test recall pots) and I lose the item I was holding
I ended up with 2 mirrors, The original one and a clone one being held.
Thank you very much for the bug report! I've uploaded a temporary fix that makes Quick Recall unavailable if there's currently an item being held by the mouse. When I have more time to investigate this further I'll upload a more appropriate fix. Thank you again! And I'm very glad to hear you're finding the mods useful! It always gives me a burst of motivation to work on them when I hear they're being used! :)

============================================================

In other news...

I've updated Neo Draw with it's first round of updates.

Back
Top Bottom