tAPI NeoMods

For some reason my game and my server crash with neorecipebook (both) when playing multiplayer.

Is this a know bug ? I got plenty of mods running on my server and having a recipe book will help a lot :passionate:

I'm guessing you the inspiration from T:OW? :D

Just another player suggestion thread. I get almost all of my ideas either from old tConfig mods, or these forums. This one came from some thread where people were discussing tiles that could protect areas from unwanted encroaching biomes.

Has anyone noticed how the Coil tile animates and changes when an amplifier is placed next to it? That was one of the main things I wanted to play around with in this update, tiles that update according to nearby tiles or characters. The other interesting point was spreading out a task over several frames. The pre-release Coil with 2 amplifiers covered a radius of 300 tiles or an area of ~282,600 tiles every second without any noticeable slowdown. Originally I checked and updated the tiles in one lump operation, which was fine for the small radius I started with. But a slowdown started to occur around radius 60. So I decided to chop up the workload. With no amplifiers the conversion still happens in one update, with 1 amplifier 9 updates, and with 2 amplifiers 25 updates. I needed practice doing such things to better optimize long operations in the future.

For some reason my game and my server crash with neorecipebook (both) when playing multiplayer.

Is this a know bug ? I got plenty of mods running on my server and having a recipe book will help a lot :passionate:
Are you using the Standalone Version, or the FCM Extenstion? And can you post the crash report you're receiving.

Has anyone noticed how the Coil tile animates and changes when an amplifier is placed next to it? That was one of the main things I wanted to play around with in this update, tiles that update according to nearby tiles or characters. The other interesting point was spreading out a task over several frames. The pre-release Coil with 2 amplifiers covered a radius of 300 tiles or an area of ~282,600 tiles every second without any noticeable slowdown. Originally I checked and updated the tiles in one lump operation, which was fine for the small radius I started with. But a slowdown started to occur around radius 60. So I decided to chop up the workload. With no amplifiers the conversion still happens in one update, with 1 amplifier 9 updates, and with 2 amplifiers 25 updates. I needed practice doing such things to better optimize long operations in the future.
The animation is really cool! The sprite and the code. :p
Also, the Coil isn't working for me. I put in Red Solution and it did nothing. (It did do the cool red animation though, good job)

The animation is really cool! The sprite and the code. :p
Also, the Coil isn't working for me. I put in Red Solution and it did nothing. (It did do the cool red animation though, good job)
Try something for me if you would, while the game is running hover over the coil and press and hold the [Alt] key. It will tell you the Current Range, Max Range, and show the countdown to expand/convert tiles. The range needs to be 3 or greater for it to reach nearby tiles. (Which at the current expansion rate takes 60 seconds) Could you let me know what it's saying for you please.

EDIT:
Neo Utilities has just been updated to include a new feature: Tile Placement Previews. Shows a preview of the tile the currently selected item would create. Works with Place Style and Direction to try and ensure the correct image is shown in the correct style.
ML78mAb.png

Last edited:
Try something for me if you would, while the game is running hover over the coil and press and hold the [Alt] key. It will tell you the Current Range, Max Range, and show the countdown to expand/convert tiles. The range needs to be 3 or greater for it to reach nearby tiles. (Which at the current expansion rate takes 60 seconds) Could you let me know what it's saying for you please.

EDIT:
Neo Utilities has just been updated to include a new feature: Tile Placement Previews. Shows a preview of the tile the currently selected item would create. Works with Place Style and Direction to try and ensure the correct image is shown in the correct style.
ML78mAb.png
Nevermind, it works. Just extremely slowly. Guess I'm impatient.

Those Tile Previews will be really useful!

When I turn on the mod and reload I have this error:

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: length
at System.String.Substring(System.Int32 startIndex, System.Int32 length)
at NeoRecipeBook.IRecipeBook.Reset()
at NeoRecipeBook.MBase.OnAllModsLoaded()
at TAPI.Hooks.Call(System.Action[] ts)
at TAPI.Mods.Load()

@Neojin
Would you tell me how to get 'coil', please?
It seems that Master Crafter doesn't sell it. My world is in hardmode.
For additional information, I installed only three of your mods (Utilities, Master Crafter, and Disassembly Station). Do I need to install additional mods?
Thank you.

New update for Neo Master Crafter. New tiles: Tents! Crafted from Wood, Rope, Silk, and Black Thread. Deluxe requires a Bed to craft, while the Camp Site requires a Bed and Campfire.

vBShswC.png
pfzxCNB.png
iLku8UG.png

Tents allow you to sleep through the night. Right click the tile to use. Cannot be used while a boss is active, or during a blood moon.

IvzZfKm.png

The Deluxe Sleeping Tent and Camp Site also heal the player after sleeping. And the Camp Site features a Campfire that applies the Campfire Buff increasing health regeneration.

mPS2RZA.png

@Neojin
Would you tell me how to get 'coil', please?
It seems that Master Crafter doesn't sell it. My world is in hardmode.
For additional information, I installed only three of your mods (Utilities, Master Crafter, and Disassembly Station). Do I need to install additional mods?
Thank you.

This update also includes an update to the Coil and Amplifier. They can now be purchased from the Master Craftsman NPC. Thanks for reminding me to fix this. I was apparently so excited to release it, I forgot to include a way to acquire them.

Tents idea is brilliant, not too op like all these items that change time of day with one click without cost ;p

Btw, seing your awesome mods.. Have you ever considered making bestiary mod? ;3 a simple one that could only show you images of the mobs you defeated. I know that adding stuff such as drops, and chances to get them could be difficult, becase some modders are adding drops via cs codes on special conditions (unless people start using LootRule() wich would make that easier..)

I have an idea for NeoUtilities, a portable craft guide. Pretty much whenever you press a key, the Guide's craft guide will appear.
Something similar to @GTRxPotato's mod, but with a configurable key option.

New mod released: Neo Light Beams!
Based on Snickerbobble's thread: [Sprites] Fluorescent light beams.

5Epuu5h.png

HnU5OcM.png
GOAS8mQ.png

WsyHoi5.png
bs1Nuya.png

Details in the OP.

Tents idea is brilliant, not too op like all these items that change time of day with one click without cost ;p

Btw, seing your awesome mods.. Have you ever considered making bestiary mod? ;3 a simple one that could only show you images of the mobs you defeated. I know that adding stuff such as drops, and chances to get them could be difficult, becase some modders are adding drops via cs codes on special conditions (unless people start using LootRule() wich would make that easier..)

I am interested in making a bestiary type mod. I've looked into it a bit and took a stab at determining all the mob drops. It halfway worked, then I got a little stuck. Now I'm working on more of a learning Bestiary where the information is learned and drop chances are calculated as you kill mobs.

I have an idea for NeoUtilities, a portable craft guide. Pretty much whenever you press a key, the Guide's craft guide will appear.
Something similar to @GTRxPotato's mod, but with a configurable key option.

I probably wouldn't add this since GTRxPotato's Portable Craft Guide and bawr's BAWR.Craft both already have this, but there is a feature planned for Neo Recipe Book that may work just as well or better. I'm adding an option to search for recipes by ingredient name. So it will give the same list as the Craft Guide, but you won't need the actual item.

I am interested in making a bestiary type mod. I've looked into it a bit and took a stab at determining all the mob drops. It halfway worked, then I got a little stuck. Now I'm working on more of a learning Bestiary where the information is learned and drop chances are calculated as you kill mobs.
Oh, that's cool, good to hear that :D I will wait patiently and see the results :)

I probably wouldn't add this since GTRxPotato's Portable Craft Guide and bawr's BAWR.Craft both already have this, but there is a feature planned for Neo Recipe Book that may work just as well or better. I'm adding an option to search for recipes by ingredient name. So it will give the same list as the Craft Guide, but you won't need the actual item.
And that reminds me how i'm used to minecrafts NEI, because i'm constantly mistaking it with your recepy book (even wrong game xD) and trying to look up recepy by pressing r on item (wich results me launching on the other side of the home xD).

New mod released: Neo Light Beams!
Based on Snickerbobble's thread: [Sprites] Fluorescent light beams.

5Epuu5h.png

HnU5OcM.png
GOAS8mQ.png

WsyHoi5.png
bs1Nuya.png

Details in the OP.
:eek::eek::eek: Holy :red:, that's good! @Snickerbobble!!

Also, I hope to see what kind of recipe book you come up with! :D

Hate to bug you @Neojin , but I am getting the same bug with the recipe book!

However, I have something that *might* be of use...

Code:
Ionic.Zip.ZipException: Cannot read that as a ZipFile
  at Ionic.Zip.ZipFile.ReadIntoInstance(Ionic.Zip.ZipFile zf)
  at Ionic.Zip.ZipFile.Read(System.String fileName, System.IO.TextWriter statusMessageWriter, System.Text.Encoding encoding, System.EventHandler`1[[Ionic.Zip.ReadProgressEventArgs, Ionic.Zip.Reduced, Version=1.9.1.9000, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]] readProgress)
  at TAPI.Mods.HandleTapiModFile(FluentPath.FPath path, System.Action`1[[TAPI.BinBuffer, tAPI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]] action)
  at TAPI.Mods.HandleModFile(FluentPath.FPath path, System.Action`1[[TAPI.BinBuffer, tAPI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]] action)
  at TAPI.Mod.LoadModInfoAndIcon()
  at TAPI.Mods.RefreshModList(System.Boolean dependencies = False)
  at TAPI.Menu.<CreateMenus>b__138()
  at TAPI.Menu.MoveTo(System.String page, System.Boolean silent = False)
  at TAPI.MenuButton.<.ctor>b__3()
  at TAPI.MenuPage.Draw(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch SP)
  at TAPI.Menu.DrawMenu()
  at Terraria.Main.Draw(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime)
Ionic.Zip.BadReadException:   Bad signature (0x07160500) at position  0x00000000
  at Ionic.Zip.ZipEntry.ReadHeader(Ionic.Zip.ZipEntry ze, System.Text.Encoding defaultEncoding)
  at Ionic.Zip.ZipEntry.ReadEntry(Ionic.Zip.ZipContainer zc, System.Boolean first)
  at Ionic.Zip.ZipFile.ReadIntoInstance_Orig(Ionic.Zip.ZipFile zf)

This was the other error that showed up, inculding the other really common one seen previously.
Hope this helps!

_Mish

I'm thinking of something (maybe, an additional "solution" for "coil") which can convert dirt into mud and regular grass into jungle grass.

I also wonder if "Neo Light Beams", can be modified into a signaling mechanic/alternative to wiring.

Last edited:
Hate to bug you @Neojin , but I am getting the same bug with the recipe book!

However, I have something that *might* be of use...

Code:
Ionic.Zip.ZipException: Cannot read that as a ZipFile
  at Ionic.Zip.ZipFile.Read(System.String fileName, System.IO.TextWriter statusMessageWriter, System.Text.Encoding encoding, System.EventHandler`1[[Ionic.Zip.ReadProgressEventArgs, Ionic.Zip.Reduced, Version=1.9.1.9000, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]] readProgress)
  at TAPI.Mods.HandleTapiModFile(FluentPath.FPath path, System.Action`1[[TAPI.BinBuffer, tAPI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]] action)
  at TAPI.Mods.HandleModFile(FluentPath.FPath path, System.Action`1[[TAPI.BinBuffer, tAPI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]] action)
  at TAPI.Mod.LoadModInfoAndIcon()
  at TAPI.Mods.RefreshModList(System.Boolean dependencies = False)
  at TAPI.Menu.<CreateMenus>b__138()
  at TAPI.Menu.MoveTo(System.String page, System.Boolean silent = False)
  at TAPI.MenuButton.<.ctor>b__3()
  at TAPI.MenuPage.Draw(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch SP)
  at TAPI.Menu.DrawMenu()
  at Terraria.Main.Draw(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime)
Ionic.Zip.BadReadException:   Bad signature (0x07160500) at position  0x00000000
  at Ionic.Zip.ZipEntry.ReadHeader(Ionic.Zip.ZipEntry ze, System.Text.Encoding defaultEncoding)
  at Ionic.Zip.ZipEntry.ReadEntry(Ionic.Zip.ZipContainer zc, System.Boolean first)
  at Ionic.Zip.ZipFile.ReadIntoInstance_Orig(Ionic.Zip.ZipFile zf)

This was the other error that showed up, inculding the other really common one seen previously.
Hope this helps!

_Mish
tAPI r15 is supposed to have additional error tracking abilities that should allow me to track down that error. Until, then I'm at a bit of a dead end. Have you tried using the Standalone Version? I manually resolved the dependencies (which isn't the best way to do things, but does circumvent the issue for now) so it should work. Let me know if it doesn't though. Thank you for reporting it!

I'm thinking of something (maybe, an additional "solution" for "coil") which can convert dirt into mud and regular grass into jungle grass.

I also wonder if "Neo Light Beams", can be modified into a signaling mechanic/alternative to wiring.
I love the solution idea! So I did it. It's not released yet though. I got the solution done (calling it Muddy Solution), the tile conversion code done, and it works in the coil. But I want to make it work in the Clentaminator as well before releasing it. Hopefully tonight I'll have it updated. Then once the foundation is in place, I'll be adding more solutions: Cloudy, Sandy, Frozen, Molten, Hive, Arachnid, Egyptian, Dungeon.

The light beams thread included a similar idea for wireless signaling, and it's definitely something I'd like to try. Unless I get caught up in something else or bug squashing, I'm going to attempt this after I finish up adding the new solutions I mentioned.

I love the solution idea! So I did it. It's not released yet though. I got the solution done (calling it Muddy Solution), the tile conversion code done, and it works in the coil. But I want to make it work in the Clentaminator as well before releasing it. Hopefully tonight I'll have it updated. Then once the foundation is in place, I'll be adding more solutions: Cloudy, Sandy, Frozen, Molten, Hive, Arachnid, Egyptian, Dungeon.
Awesome! Can't wait for the new solutions!

Back
Top Bottom