tAPI NeoMods

Neo Draw Beta 7 has been uploaded. I have rearranged the Tabs a bit to make room for additional functionality.

The 'Special' Tab has been renamed to 'Structures'
Added 'Other' Tab
Added Liquids and Mech to 'Other' Tab

Liquids include Honey, Lava, and Water.
Liquids support Square Brush, Circle Brush, Paint, Erase, Line, Fill Replace, and Fill Erase.

Mech include Actuator, Blue Wire, Green Wire, and Red Wire
Mech support Square Brush, Cicle Brush, Paint, Erase, Fill Replace, Fill Erase and a special Line function.

The Bresenham Line function produces discrete points along a grid, which works great, unless you're placing wire and need it all connected. So while using the Line tool for Wire I use a modified Bresenham Line to collect the Supercover of points. This creates a continuous, connected line of wire at any angle. A reminder, Alt + Left Click while using the line tool draws the current line and starts a new line at the point clicked.

I'm starting work on Slope and Half Tile support now.
How do you activate the Bresenham line function? All I see is the regular line...

Last edited:
Been getting this error whenever I try to set up a dedicated server through tAPI. It doesn't leave a crashlog either, anyone able to decipher this?

8QUP1SZ.png

Another small update for Neo Draw. The 'Eye Dropper' tool is now available. With the Tile tab selected clicking a Tile with the Eye Dropper makes that tile selected to be drawn when painting. And similar functionality for walls while the Wall tab is selected. I'm thinking this should have a shortcut, something like holding down shift while painting brings up the eye dropper, and releasing shift returns to painting. We'll see if that works out.

I also rebuilt all of my mods using the tAPI r15 builder and tested them out briefly. They seem to run fine, and I've uploaded them all again. No other changes really, just rebuilt them in case it mattered.

How difficult would it be to implement some form of Cut/Copy/Paste function?
The difficulty alternates between somewhat difficult, and not really all that difficult. But I'm trying it. The 6 remaining button spots relate to the Selection tool. There's Select, Magic Wand, Cut, Copy, Paste, and Clear. If I can get it all working.
How do you activate the Bresenham line function? All I see is the regular line...
They are one and the same. The line tool uses the Bresenham Line function. It's just the Math algorithm I went with to find the tiles your imaginary line would cross. When drawing wire I switch it to the Bresenham Supercover function, but again, that all happens automatically. There isn't anything you should have to do to get it to work.
Been getting this error whenever I try to set up a dedicated server through tAPI. It doesn't leave a crashlog either, anyone able to decipher this?

8QUP1SZ.png
I haven't found much that details how to make a mod Multiplayer Compatible, so my mods are almost definitely not going to work for Multiplayer, unless by sheer luck. I also don't play Terraria multiplayer so never test them out that way either. As I learn more, I'll try to make them as compatible as possible. I have some mods load textures in the OnLoad function, and that seemed to be the problem, so I've added a Server check just prior to doing so that should fix the problem you're having. Just be aware that other problems are likely to arise. Feel free to mention them to me though. It gives me a great opportunity to learn how to fix them.

Last edited:
Neo Draw Beta 9 is now available.

Select, Magic Wand, Cut, Copy, Paste, and Clear are now available.

Select
Left Click to start selection, left click again to complete selection. Right Clicking while selecting cancels current selection. Right clicking again clears all current selections. Shift + Left click adds the new selection to the previous selections. Alt + Left Click removes the new selection from the previous selections.

Magic Wand
Selects all adjoining similar tiles or wall tiles. With the Tile tab selected, Magic Wand selects based on clicked tile. With the Wall tab selected, Magic Wand selects based on the clicked wall. Works with Shift + Click and Alt + Click alter selection.

Cut
Remove currently selected tiles or walls. Allows them to be pasted else where.

Copy
Copies currently selected tiles or walls. Allows them to be pasted else where.

Paste
Click Paste button to show a highlight previewing where tiles would be pasted. Left clicking confirms placement and draws the tiles or walls. Right clicking cancels pasting.
With Tiles tab selected - Pastes only tiles
With Wall tab selected - Pastes only walls
With structure tab selected - Pastes both tiles and walls

Clear
With Tiles tab selected - Removes currently selected tiles
With Wall tab selected - Removes currently selected walls
With structure tab selected - Removes currently selected tiles and walls

Can't wait to see if a Search Bar comes in the future.

Also, quick suggestion.
When using 'Fill', the current state of the block (whether it is a block, slab, or slope) would stay if you are replacing using fill.
If you are using a brush, you could choose whether to auto-slab or auto-slope or not.

When this is officially released, you should have user created objects that they can enter at will. I think it would be a great way to show off builds, and also maybe even mod-exclusive places?

Sorry if I'm expecting too much, but I see NeoDraw having some major potential.

(This is pretty much Creative Mode for Terraria)

Neo Draw users please update to Beta 9.1. It includes a critical bug fix. Attempting to create a Spider Cave in the open sky above the world surface could crash your game. In one out of three crashes I caused while investigating this error, it corrupted my World file.

I was holding off on releasing another update until V 1.0 was ready, but this seemed important enough to release immediately.

This update also includes Tile selection improvements...
- Grass Plants had stopped working after some update, and they're now working again.
- Heart Crystal works
- Shadow Orb works
- Vines work
- Giant Mushroom
- Cactus
- Alchemy Plants at each growth stage
- Stalactite / Stalagmite improvements
- Dye Plants
- Jungle Bushes
- Many additional Tile sub-selections

I still need to add sub-selections for 1 more group of Paintings, and for the 3 groups of Decor Piles. Then I'll probably do some testing and optimizing, before finally releasing V 1.0. Once V 1.0 is out, I'll take a little time to update some of my other mods. (Mostly focusing of Neo Master Crafter) Afterwards I'll start working of the next big update for Neo Draw. I'm going to rewrite the List part of the mod so I can work in Sorting, Filters, a Search Bar, and a separate list view that shows icons representing each item.

My goal was to have Neo Draw 1.0 out by the end of the weekend, and I think I'm there. So V 1.0 is available for download. Not much at all added since I released beta 9.1 this morning and it had most of the update already in it. But this does finish up adding in all the sub tile selections. Now you can add in those Small and Large Decor piles that really make places in your world stand out. For an example, I put together this little screenshot, titled the Old Miner's House...
3Jot3e2.png

I added in the wheelbarrow, well, dirt pile & shovel, coin bags, pots in the house, and various other things around the house. (See if you can spot the other items.)

One more thing Neo.

We should have the ability to mass-edit biomes.
Like change from corruption - hallow, jungle - glowing shrooms, etc.
This is something I'd like to do, but I'm having trouble determining where the biome ends. (Like with the jungle, where does mud for the jungle end and just become mud that happens to be in the dirt) I have a tool that transforms Crimson to Corruption and back, but it's only for the whole world and only works on a per tile basis. I like to fiddle around with it though, so maybe eventually I'll have something like that.

I've got an update preview for Neo Master Crafter available to download. It includes 1 new item.

Artisan Shelves, more precisely Wooden Artisan Shelves - Small

It's crafted from 40 wood at a Heavy Work Bench (Recipe will change in future update)
This is a 4x4 tile that can be placed on solid ground, or on the wall.
It holds 4 crafting stations of your choice. Just pick up a crafting station with your mouse, or have it selected on your hotbar, and left click one of the 4 available shelves. Your item will be placed inside, and it still allows you to use it to craft with. (There's no error checking yet, so an item placed into a slot that has an item already will cause the previous item to be lost, will fix for next update)
If you'd like your crafting station back off the shelf, just left click the shelf while using a pickaxe tool.
Left click an empty slot while using a pickaxe to dump all the contents and destroy the shelves. (Will add MainSlotZero right click use later)

That's about it for now. Different wood / metal varieties may come out. Different size varieties will come out. (Size suggestions are welcome, my current plans are 4, 8, 12, and 16 shelf versions)

And there will be a Display Shelf version that allows any item to be put on the shelf.

I hope you find it interesting!

Updated Neo Master Crafter.

- Medium size Artisan Shelf is now available. Holds 8 crafting stations
- Artisan Shelves can now be stacked
- Placing a crafting station into a slot that has an item now swaps items, (still need to check stack size for this next update)
- Updated tile and item graphics
- Updated AdjTile logic to better handle being near more than 1 Artisan Shelf simultaneously

- Display Shelf is now available
- Must be placed on wall
- Holds 3 items
- Should save the prefix of the item (need to do further testing to ensure this)

And here are some images...
YKCcR35.png

QiK2f7N.png

Could you make it to where we can craft items using the recipe book gui?
Probably, but since that's not part of its core functionality, I doubt that I'd get around to it. There are a number of mod projects I'm working on at the moment. I added it to my mod ideas list though, so maybe later I'll feel more like getting to this.

I really like this new addition.
This is good for if people want to make exhibits or museums of their adventures, etc.

Or start a tiered collection and show things off.

Great job Neo! :)
Hey, suggestion....
I'd say pedestals to go with these. And display cases.
Though pedestals could only hold specific tiles and any accessories or armor pieces.
Display cases hold items that are rare drops.

I really like this new addition.
This is good for if people want to make exhibits or museums of their adventures, etc.

Or start a tiered collection and show things off.

Great job Neo! :)
Hey, suggestion....
I'd say pedestals to go with these. And display cases.
Though pedestals could only hold specific tiles and any accessories or armor pieces.
Display cases hold items that are rare drops.
Something like this...
HMXDCk1.png

An update for Neo Master Crafter is available.

- Added Display Shelves, and Display Shelves Low. They display items similar to the Display Shelf, but are placed on solid ground
- Fixed up placing an item onto a shelf.
--- Items placed into an empty shelf only take 1 of the item selected, and decrease stack count by 1
--- Items placed into an occupied shelf will cause the items to swap only if the currently selected item capacity is 1. (This avoids some problems when the mouse item has a stack > 1)
- Chairs and Tables can be placed into Artisan Shelves to help make watches
- Probably something else that I'm forgetting

Also, here's a related screenshot showing off some more shelves and how things look stacked on them
sNC8r75.png

Neo, you have taken our ideas from before and made them EVEN MORE AMAZING! That new Artisan Shelves is FANTASTIC. Nice job!
Thank you very much for saying so! There's nothing like hearing kind words to encourage me to continue working. And thank you for the shout out in your signature! :)

I'd also like to say well done on this, as well as your other mods. These are, in my opinion, the best set of ease-of-use/ mechanic improvement mods yet made for Terraria.
The display shelves in particular are a wonderful addition; the game was in severe need of ways to show off cool gear, and the mannekins and wall mount things were WAY to limited.

One suggestion, an interesting item might be a "display frame", like a picture frame almost. It's a 2x2 tile that goes on a wall and holds one item in the middle, with a nice border and background for contrast. Along with the display columns from your earlier post, you could make a great little museum of your favorite stuff.

Finally, thank you SO MUCH for the tile preview mod! Finally, I can set down large furniture precisely without having to stick down torches to block spaces to make sure that blasted dresser goes where its supposed to.

Back
Top Bottom