NPCs & Enemies New Town NPC: The Bard

I wonder how this would effect the balance of the game, being able to take a Legendary Death Sickle, rename it to Bill, and then be able to reforge it with ADDITIONAL Legendary stats...

I like this idea - would be nice to have a few weapons personalized (I make up weapons all the time in my stories) and it would also extend the lifespan of some earlier weaponry.

The only thing I don't like is that there's a lot of bards' names in that list, but no Elan. :dryadcool:

"Confuse, confuse, confuse the ugly Orc!"

SZ, you've done it again. Your suggestion quality standard is high and you flew past my expectations. Fantastic idea, I would absolutely enjoy having this in-game, if it were to be implemented.

I have some suggestions:
"One time, in a corruption chasm, I saw a baby eater of souls chewing at a bone. However, a giant Devourer came and ate the eater of souls and the bone. I wonder if it is still alive."
"I've heard theories of Spiders having staffs in their mouths. That's exactly what I saw when I went deep into the caverns of [World Name]."
"There are traveling Merchants who wander the world to sell goods. Who know's what their selling, it might even be a rare weapon!"
"Noble Warriors can be found deep in the dungeon. I have no clue as to who's inside though. Their gear is also quite effective with others."
"Sometimes, even the largest of Bees can contain rides home."
"I know of a way to get the powers of the dungeon mages, but it's a secret to everybody."
"Occasionally, I see blue sticks coming out of thunder clouds."
"If you need it, Skeletron has some loot hiding in his bones. I think you have better weapons than those though."
"Some chests aren't actually chests. They still have gear inside them though."
"Fishing may bring you junk, fish, or other useful stuff."
"If you have enough patience, you can get even the strongest Chaos Elemental energy."
"Most monsters have banners that they can drop. Bosses don't, but they have hang-able trophies and wearable masks.

Some good suggestion. Thanks! A few of them are a little ridiculous, though, but I'll just leave it to the developer's judgement if they ever decide to add that function. I think they'd get the gist of it. :)

:red: YES!
rainbow-puke-cover.jpg

Seems pretty fun. On certain servers, combining named weapons with either special events or having characters losing inventory on death could make some interesting trophies as well (in fact, add loot in custom maps to that).

However, I can't believe that you would forget the most famous Bard of all for names! Get William on that list. :p

this idea is quite complete. one thing though, the bard looks a tad like the traveling merchant, but thats the only thing. other thank that, great idea!
Izona
or
jestcalibur

During Halloween, how do you get his outfit and lute?

Maybe... What if instead of lore, he sold stuff? Probably not. But still. I want that outfit!

Nice sprite.

I'm neutral about the item renaming. Wouldn't use it myself but I can imagine why people would like it.
I wouldn't give it such a ridiculous cost though. Renaming your Legendary Terrablade would be quite costly, and it's a cost where you don't enjoy direct benefits.

I wouldn't give it such a ridiculous cost though. Renaming your Legendary Terrablade would be quite costly, and it's a cost where you don't enjoy direct benefits.
The price is up to the devs to decide if they ever add this, but it should be expensive if crazy money-makers are ever going to have an adequate way to dent their stash. Players make so much money in Hardmode that you will usually have a lot to spend on weapon renaming.

(Btw, renaming a regular Terra Blade would cost 2 Platinum.)

This looks really amazing! I'd love to see him in game. Maybe he could also sell Vanity items like bard/classy clothes? Perhaps magic instruments like a lute( that could also be used like the bell to play random notes, and have a low chance of calming/confusing enemies) , maybe something like a flute that shoots music notes that work kind of like the bubbles do.

Back
Top Bottom