NPCs & Enemies New Town NPC: The Bard

Great stuff!
Also, make weapons that have been renamed gain an additional rarity and make them un-reforgeable. You should also be able to modify the whole name of the weapon, so that you may rename your ruthless sniper rifle to "Old Billy" without having "Ruthless" in front of it. The bonuses/maluses should still be indicated though.

Great stuff!
Also, make weapons that have been renamed gain an additional rarity and make them un-reforgeable. You should also be able to modify the whole name of the weapon, so that you may rename your ruthless sniper rifle to "Old Billy" without having "Ruthless" in front of it. The bonuses/maluses should still be indicated though.

This would be nice.

As an indicator, why not a small modifier at the bottom or top of the name?

Something like:
*Ruthless
Old Billy
or
Old Billy
*Ruthless

I think is is pretty fantastic!- One question: Would it be possible for him to sell instruments that you can "program" with notes and play? I think that would be neat; or even customizable music boxes (A bit like minecraft's note blocks but instead of needing multiple note blocks it's just a singular music box that's programmable with ex amount of notes. (Just my thoughts on the matter when I heard "Bard." Would be neat regardless. Nice idea!

This would be nice.

Something like:
*Ruthless
Old Billy
or
Old Billy
*Ruthless
You could keep ruthless in your gun name, experienced players will know what modifier it has on depending on stats. You could also modify the Lore text on it, something like "The Ruthless Sniper Rifle" or "Bob's brother" or whatever you want.
Well, this could actually be kept but I'd like to see it as an option.

You like renaming
Don't you Squidward :naughty:
Anyways that was just A cruddy Spongebob joke, sorry I had to say it XD
Well thought out, Yellow gives SUPPORT!

Great stuff!
When you rename a weapon, its modifier becomes integral to the weapon and is moved to the tooltip. The only way a renamed weapon can gain a prefix is if you decide to reforge it, and I don't see why forcing you not to be able to reforge it is such a great idea... :l

This would be nice.

Something like:
*Ruthless
Old Billy
or
Old Billy
*Ruthless
It would be...

Old Billy
[stats]
*The Ruthless [whatever] wielded by SirCutswood.

...and it would stay that way unless you decided to reforge it.

You could also modify the Lore text on it, something like "The Ruthless Sniper Rifle" or "Bob's brother" or whatever you want.
Well, this could actually be kept but I'd like to see it as an option.
The possibility of an additional custom tooltip was mentioned in the main post...

I think is is pretty fantastic!- One question: Would it be possible for him to sell instruments that you can "program" with notes and play? I think that would be neat; or even customizable music boxes (A bit like minecraft's note blocks but instead of needing multiple note blocks it's just a singular music box that's programmable with ex amount of notes.!
Maybe you should be able to do that with Pianos... ;)

I like this... however I think one of the requirements should be having a harp (Normal or Magical). Just because, harps.

I love this! But I have a Question:

If I take my mythical razorpine, rename it (so it's stats become base stats), could I reforge it again so I had a mythical mythical razorpine?

I have wished I could rename weapons approximately 238,102 times during my time playing Terraria*. Thank you for this piece of wisdom and greatness.

*Most of which were varying Bone Swords.

Why not just give the hints and information to the guide?
Because it's not just general advice to help you progress through the games stages, it's hints at where to find rare treasures that players might be completely oblivious to if they don't spoiler Terraria for themselves. They serve different purposes.

Back
Top Bottom