Single Thread RP Pokemon: The Discovery

David: You're right. I still have some power to spare.
David engulfs himself in magical fire, hoping to force Dratini to get away. The fire he used on himself doesn't do any damage to him because it's his own attack.

Still, it's fire-type, and it only aggravates Dratini more to wrap around David. While looking at him like a future victim.
Thartler: "Well, fire isn't an answer to everything, seems like."
He might be one too much times disregarding the younger foes.

David, noticing that fire has virtually no effect, decides to pry Dratini off. He succeeds and throws it at Thartler.
Afterward, David ignites his sword and points it at the sky. From a nearby house, Liana bursts out of the front door and rushes Thartler with a Quick Attack.

((Well, great, I was going to say you'd fail the prying for the irony, but you're an Oracle of RNG instead. But if you seem to shrug what Thartler throws at you with ease, the next encounters won't be THAT easy!))
Thartler and Dratini both took some damage from the throw, which made one certain Thartler roll around. Somehow seems like throwing their own Dratini at them makes the attack miss. Not only that. Dratini blocks the impact with ease and goes to glare at Liana with their eyes (uses Leer). Thartler himself goes to prepare a dodge just in case. Maybe he had no weapons, but he always has fists and good ol' agile body.
Thartler: "This fight is just getting started, don't get me wrong."

Liana is surprised by the Leer, but she bashes Thartler with her Quick Attack anyway, albeit with her defense slightly damaged. Regardless whether the attack hits or Thartler counterattacks with a punch, she rebounds and lands next to David.
David: Yeah, you're right. We're just getting warmed up too.
Liana: No way are we gonna let you off the hook.
David: Uh huh. Liana, use Iron Chop!
Liana rushes Dratini with an iron open hand and chops it on the body. David also runs at Thartler with a sword in hopes to slash him in the leg so he can't dodge anymore.

(You give everyone motivation, except the Hybrimons. Some of them, like mine, don't want to be captured, and don't want to beat gyms because they are Hybrimon. It's a bit of not knowing what to do and just don't have the motivation to do anything together)

(You give everyone motivation, except the Hybrimons. Some of them, like mine, don't want to be captured, and don't want to beat gyms because they are Hybrimon. It's a bit of not knowing what to do and just don't have the motivation to do anything together)
Okay, firstly...

You forget that Hybrimon are just people with Pokemon powers, so they can challenge the gyms themselves if they want to. If you don't want to be caught, that's also fine.

Also, if one were to challenge the gym there'd have to be a Gym Leader first, which someone can take up the role of.

((Basically, what Animus pointed out, is the trouble. But.... comes the great Halt, and the troubles poof! Make them the NPCs!

Basically, NPCs can be controlled by any volunteer.))

To Thartler's sheer surprise, he somehow lets a botched dodge which grounds him a bit, but a dodge nonetheless. He then lets her get misfortunate. Not helped by the fact that the Dratini would then.... completely botch the dodge Thartler did gain by dodging, leaping into sure fainting by the Iron Chop... wait, no, it was already fainted by the time it happened. Poor, poor Dratini. But alas, Thartler had a smoke-bomb with him... and he used that. The fog surrounded them.
- Th: "Hasta la viva, next time. Oh, and wish you the bad accident." - An evil laugh was heard, but after clearing, Dratini and Thartler were nowhere to be seen. Some money seem to get dropped too, in a hurry. Anyway, just a bit more than he stole. But nothing useful past it.
---
Thartler, after retreating far enough let a curse. - Th: "Grr, that weirdos with the sword and a chop. Now I have to go back, haul my sorry weight while reporting... thankfully I've not lost more, because they'd blame me for not earning anything, or even losing what they gave me." - He then sighed, with expression being still angry about that defeat. At least he knew that he went somehow away from it.
(I'd request second goon to have Thartler team up with him the second fight he has.)
----
The mugged, while slightly crying, looked at the party. - ?: "W...who a...are y...you?" - In shaky voice, a fear and awe could be seen.

David: HEY! I'm not done with you yet!
Liana: Aw. He's gone... Hey, what's that?
Liana spots some money that Thartler dropped, and she picks it up.
David: ...He did mug someone, didn't he?
Liana: Yeah. He did. Jerk...
David also turns to the mugged target. David decides to respond to his question.
David: We're just a non-specific duo. We've taken it upon ourselves to destroy Team Noir.
Liana: Oh... this money was yours, right?
Liana gives the money back.
???: Well... thank you.
David and Liana walk off, deciding to look for Thartler.

((True ???: Hey! That's my line - "E...eh... t....thanks?" I'm not confident at all.))

But Thartler was long time gone, be cursed his relative professionalism at fleeing... and the mugged person, out of gratitude said - ???: "I...I think I.... I'll.... get s-some P....pokemon. N...not sure... yet." - He looked to two. Before tagging by... slowly. - ???: "B...by the w-way, name's T-trebonth.

First Name/Nickname: Trebonth
Full Name: Trebonth Malerit
Race: Human
Personality: Kinda scared of the evil factions, Thartler included. Well, at least he's, despite hesitance. Not confident at all, unless he trusts people well. Just like that, if he was a hybrimon/gijinka/Pokemon, he'd flee. Sadly, he's a human.
Backstory: Pretty much entire situation with Thartler, I really don't want to put more.
Alignment: Good.
Appearance: Weak and kinda limpy left hand. Seems like he only has a basic clothes.
Pokemon: None.
Specialization: Grass
Special Skill: Z-Moves

(By the way, is it fine if for some cruel twist Trebonth becomes a Snivy after.... hmm, a kidnapping? Thartler might be that evil, but doesn't show it, just not yet.)

David: Trebonth, huh?
Liana: That's a nice name.
David: Oh. If you're gonna catch Pokemon, I can hook you up.
David gives all five of his Poke Balls to Trebonth.
David: That's all I have. Hope they'll be of good use to you.
Liana: Hey, David? Why are you giving him ALL of your Poke Balls?
David: It's fine. I can just buy more.

OOC: Once you make your character, you can't change it. You can't make them change from human to Hybrimon on the fly. You can make that happen in their backstory, or the fact that they can fight on their own, but once you've set it, you can't change it back.

Last edited:
David: Alright, I think we should be on our way. See you around.
The duo walks away, a little frustrated that Thartler got away.
David: Ugh. That jerk. Who does he think he is?
Liana: Tell me about it... Team Noir's the worst.
David: And that makes me all the more fired up to destroy them.
Liana: But... we definitely can't do it ourselves. We're gonna need more than just the two of us.
David: ...Oh, you're right. I don't think Team Noir's grunts are that strong, but there's a LOT of them. And we're gonna need to build our numbers, too.
Liana: That's why I asked you to catch me.
David: Huh?

Back
Top Bottom