Drawings & Paintings ppower arts

Some time ago, in 2017, I was in a metroidvania mood and was looking to find a new one.
At that time, someone suggested me to play Cave Story, a small, humble indie game.

And since that time, I keep coming back to that one from time to time again.
Sometimes as a player, sometimes as a challenger, and sometimes as a gamedev. Just to give this game a little more appreciation.
Since I learned that a single dev has made a game of this scale, then it's something that I already find impressive at my time.
And after knowing my own limits on gamedev, then it's something I find only more impressive for that dev to pull it off.

Even though I've often made several doodles of Cave Story in the past, I've not given it a proper drawing on it's own. So here I went, giving it a little more appreciation. :)

cave story.png

In case you don't know about Cave Story:
It's basically the game where the Robot Hat originates from:
1692306113313.png

It's a story-driven Metroidvania where you explore through levels, find weapons you can switch between and level up, and fight bosses to make progress on the story.
What I think that sets it apart from other Metroidvanias is on how cute it is. Not just the sprites, but also the music, the effects, and collectable items have all kind of a cozy charm to it, and it's story goes pretty deep for an indie.
It's a game that honestly stands the test of time pretty well, (with at worst been unskippable cutscenes)

My biggest part is probably that a single dev has made it though, over the course of 5 years. And even almost 19 years later, I still hear people talking about this.
It has been a huge inspiration for me and many other gamedevs as well.

So, maybe I'll draw some more of it in the future,
but if you feel like picking it up, the game is a freeware(!) and you can download it on this site:
(this is not sponsored :p)

Seems it'll be soon 10 years since I've started my programming college, which would also be the time I came accross Terraria as well.
I hope to do something for it, but with the vacation coming in close, I don't think I'm going to stress over it. taking a rest is important as well. :)

And that's all for now, have a good night!

Ah, Cave Story.
Bring me back the memory of how I tried to beat Hell without the best gun in the game 7 years ago.

To add, there's the remastered version on Steam.
It has upgraded graphics, remastered soundtracks, and some new challenge modes.
Though other features remain the same as the free version.
(This post isn't sponsored.)

Quick Monthly Art Batch

This month I focussed on relaxing for a bit, not really done much besides Age of Empires 4 and the occasional Terraria and Cave Story
I also got a new phone, but I disliked the huge size, so I went searching accross the internet for a phone of equall size as mine (5.3 inch), and eventually finally found one, yay.
I didn't stress myself to make something (well, except the Cave Story one), so the drawings are short this time around as well, let's get them done first. :)

--Artworks--
Lil Birthday art of @Corenality's ninja bunny, I really liked her design :passionate:
The perspective turned out nice in this one too.
Bnuyy but it whips you.png

On DeviantArt, my Alraune had become the only OC's where I keep getting favorites from (I wonder why)
So, I decided to give them a little fanservice with another plant :dryadsmile:

I've also come up with a new name for my Alraune: Althaea
This way, she still has the "Al-" part of alraune, but now it also refers to a pink flower too.
Plus, the name sounds cooler as a boss, which was also part of her inspiration.
AlthaeaName.png

I also went experimental again and gave Nageru another curvy redesign, including fishnets:
Ninbap fishnets.png

It is pretty fun to deviate from my normal character guidelines and try out something new for a change.
Not sure if it'll stick, cause if I keep doing it, then it might accidently become the new norm. :p
I don't think that's necessarly a bad thing, personally, I think one should stick to drawing what they like to do.

Aand, I think I should leave it here, the drawing that is.
For a month or so, my right arm starts to feel a bit...weary.
I think it's partially due to the stress, I'm also using it for a lot of things. (And using a giant phone with one hand didn't help).
But it doesn't help when I hear stories of people pushing themselves too hard and permanently hurting their arm or hand in the process, and that leaves myself a bit worried...
So I think I should put a limit on stuff like drawing and phone activities for now.
worried.png

Despite that, As far as my overall health and stomach goes, that is at least slowly restoring...slowly, I should definitely keep it up for now.
Luckily my vacation is starting tomorrow, so I'll have all the time for myself to relax again.
I'll definitely take a break from the internet too, as that has also become a, rather busy, daily activity.

So, at least for now, have a lil dryad to round up the batch:
Dryad.png

See you next month!

EDIT: And thank you all!
1692913941907.png

Quick Monthly Art Batch

This month I focussed on relaxing for a bit, not really done much besides Age of Empires 4 and the occasional Terraria and Cave Story
I also got a new phone, but I disliked the huge size, so I went searching accross the internet for a phone of equall size as mine (5.3 inch), and eventually finally found one, yay.
I didn't stress myself to make something (well, except the Cave Story one), so the drawings are short this time around as well, let's get them done first. :)

--Artworks--
Lil Birthday art of @Corenality's ninja bunny, I really liked her design :passionate:
View attachment 422935
On DeviantArt, my Alraune had become the only OC's where I keep getting favorites from (I wonder why)

This way, she still has the "Al-" part of alraune, but now it also refers to a pink flower too.
View attachment 422936
I also went experimental again and gave Nageru another curvy redesign, including fishnets:
View attachment 422934
It is pretty fun to deviate from my normal character guidelines and try out something new for a change.
Not sure if it'll stick, cause if I keep doing it, then it might accidently become the new norm. :p
I don't think that's necessarly a bad thing, personally, I think one should stick to drawing what they like to do.

I think it's partially due to the stress, I'm also using it for a lot of things. (And using a giant phone with one hand didn't help).
But it doesn't help when I hear stories of people pushing themselves too hard and permanently hurting their arm or hand in the process, and that leaves myself a bit worried...
So I think I should put a limit on stuff like drawing and phone activities for now.
View attachment 422969

Despite that, As far as my overall health and stomach goes, that is at least slowly restoring...slowly, I should definitely keep it up for now.
Luckily my vacation is starting tomorrow, so I'll have all the time for myself to relax again.
I'll definitely take a break from the internet too, as that has also become a, rather busy, daily activity.

View attachment 422955
See you next month!

View attachment 422971
That's nice

Quick Monthly Art Batch

--Artworks--
View attachment 422935

View attachment 422936
View attachment 422934

View attachment 422969

View attachment 422955
See you next month!

View attachment 422971
Hey @ppowersteef , I love your art so much, it’s some of the best that we as a community have ever gotten! I even found lots of your art on Reddit! You’re one of the greatest Terraria fanartists to exist! :dryadhappy:

Hey @ppowersteef , I love your art so much, it’s some of the best that we as a community have ever gotten! I even found lots of your art on Reddit! You’re one of the greatest Terraria fanartists to exist! :dryadhappy:
Wow, that feels very surprising to hear!
Even nowadays, I still look up to artists that I met on the forums, or have left their mark of fanart as well. But hearing this makes my day already! Thank you!! :D

Quick montly update for now.

I had an amazing vacation in america last month, I was with an RV with the family and have visited like 8 national parks. it was definitely a time worth remembering. :D

I've not drawn much during the trip, if not at all. Mostly because I want to take care of my drawing hand for now. It's been feeling better, but I don't feel ready to pick it up fully again.

Still, I've drawn a little meme after a civ reveal for Age of Empires 4 (I'm hooked at it again, help).
A certain hero villager from the civ Jeanne d'arc can appearantly wear a handcannon gun at her final level:
Jeanne_d_arc-1.png

As for gamedev, well, it's probably the main source of many pressure, so I'll try not to get worked up too much with it.
Still trying to give shepherda small update though:

And I have also still a Discord server I end up talking about every now and then. It's a small one, so I like to see it growing a little more:

Still recovering, but last week I've really felt peaking in both work, sport and gaming, and that all mostly by simply not worrying, be satisfied with the little things I can do in an evening and sleeping in a reasonable time. Now to keep that up for the following weeks as well.

Have a spooky octoberr! :)

Another month has passed, and so it's time for another Monthly Art Batch!

This month I've been playing Xenoblade: Future Redeemed, and lots of AoE4, both games are awesome.
Have a done a lot? Well, I thought no, but actually more than I thought, looking back to it.
So let's get to it.

Alpha has already turned 2 last week! Man, I remember the android madness :p
Given her a slight redesign because I've been in a huuuuuge Xenoblade Chronicles Vibe. I think this may expand beyond her as well. :p
Alpha Xenoblade.png

And a lil Helena doodle for Miltvala, sporting her new outfit:
Captain Hel.png

Aaaaand that was all when it comes to drawing. That went quick.

For Gamedev however...

Shepherd effects.gif
dogmode.gif

I've been going back to Shepherd to add in several new features, including:
- new effects
- Been able to sell sheep
- More Quality of Life features to make it easier, like a Casual Mode, autofire, and turning off the firing sound.
- The Dog as a playable Player 2
- more balancing between items, sheeps, enemies and prices.
- remapped catalog buttons.
- a new highscore system at the end of week 3
- Improved descriptions.
- Bugfixes
And I've given it a release on the Pico-8 BBS, where it was well recieved there. Almost as good as Fallen Star.
My favorite part was that there was a returning player that played the game with his daughter every day for like a week, I like to have given them that enjoyment. :)

Since then, I've been working with it until the amount of code was at it's limit. :p
I had a lot of fun and I'm glad with the state the game is now, much better than it was before.

And since then, I've been starting on a new Pico-8 project too, more about that in the next month.
First start.gif

For in-depth progress, feel free to join the Discord:

Glad to be able to draw again. But I know that I shouldn't be pushing it too much.
So, some bigger things that I do want to do have to be put into a halt for the time been. (As if gamedev isn't already big enough)
Health wise...I've been making slow progress, not as bad as it used to be, but with the winter period coming, it's asking for a lot.
Still, I'm staying positive on this, and want to work on getting better the next day.

AAAAAaaaaaand, that's all for now. Have some random doodles that came in mind while I was writing this out, to fill a bit of the doodle void:

hearthatnoahlanzwantsomethingabitmeatier.png

1698696738308.png

Another month has passed, and so it's time for another Monthly Art Batch!

This month I've been playing Xenoblade: Future Redeemed, and lots of AoE4, both games are awesome.
Have a done a lot? Well, I thought no, but actually more than I thought, looking back to it.
So let's get to it.

Alpha has already turned 2 last week! Man, I remember the android madness :p
Given her a slight redesign because I've been in a huuuuuge Xenoblade Chronicles Vibe. I think this may expand beyond her as well. :p
View attachment 436079

And a lil Helena doodle for Miltvala, sporting her new outfit:
View attachment 436080
Aaaaand that was all when it comes to drawing. That went quick.

For Gamedev however...

View attachment 436100View attachment 436102

I've been going back to Shepherd to add in several new features, including:
- new effects
- Been able to sell sheep
- More Quality of Life features to make it easier, like a Casual Mode, autofire, and turning off the firing sound.
- The Dog as a playable Player 2
- more balancing between items, sheeps, enemies and prices.
- remapped catalog buttons.
- a new highscore system at the end of week 3
- Improved descriptions.
- Bugfixes
And I've given it a release on the Pico-8 BBS, where it was well recieved there. Almost as good as Fallen Star.
My favorite part was that there was a returning player that played the game with his daughter every day for like a week, I like to have given them that enjoyment. :)

Since then, I've been working with it until the amount of code was at it's limit. :p
I had a lot of fun and I'm glad with the state the game is now, much better than it was before.

And since then, I've been starting on a new Pico-8 project too, more about that in the next month.
View attachment 436082

For in-depth progress, feel free to join the Discord:

Glad to be able to draw again. But I know that I shouldn't be pushing it too much.
So, some bigger things that I do want to do have to be put into a halt for the time been. (As if gamedev isn't already big enough)
Health wise...I've been making slow progress, not as bad as it used to be, but with the winter period coming, it's asking for a lot.
Still, I'm staying positive on this, and want to work on getting better the next day.

AAAAAaaaaaand, that's all for now. Have some random doodles that came in mind while I was writing this out, to fill a bit of the doodle void:

View attachment 436122

View attachment 436097
My god do these arts look so freaking beautiful, plus this game you’re creating looks pretty good! I seriously enjoy all the art you create and put out for us for display! :dryadnaughty:

One day left of november, although I'm already eating nuts.

Age of Empires 4 has gotten it's big DLC release, and I've been playing it a lot. lol
Since last week, I've been starting a sort of diët. to help recovering my health.
And surprisingly, it works better than I expected! I'm feeling much more fit again!
Not in a big drawing state yet, mostly due to recent games, but still much better than before!
Hoping to keep this pace up for the next 3 months!

So, without further ado, some artssss:

A little drawing of the Cast of Xenoblade Chronicles 3, These are probably one of my favorite RPG casts for how much of an OC appearance they have:

Xenoblade 3.png

A Shonen Ponytail protagonist who has a Sword as a Sword Sheath to have another Sword.
An agile Light Disc Catgirl that also plays a flute for the departed, but has only 3 months to live herself.
A Shark Boy (not actual shark) that uses his heavy sword as a shield...and a turret.
A Smol girl with superstrength, that uses a mega hammer. Feels uncertain to be in a group, so she copies others.
A girl with wings on her head that uses a sniper to heal, that has a cute appearance and a very sassy personality
And a boy that uses a bunch of flying illusion cards that can transform into birds.

No, these are not OC's, this is just Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Silvyne reached her (checks date...) 8th birthday!!!

She wanted to show you her pillow collection.
Sexy Silvyne.png

Some more doodles of character designs that I had in mind:
Char doodles.png

The last character was actually a Chimera girl that went dubbed as the "Ultimate OC" during a Gartic Phone game from last year.
(Back from May 2022 already? wow...wait, this month has also already passed! AAAAAAA )

Now I've made it into an actual character, with a pretty simple name: "X"
Xxx.png

And a few doodles out of context before my Game additiction kicks in again.

doodle dump.png

Art Block Xenoblade.png

Delhi Proxy Camp Project.png

thanks relic.png

Even poor Silvyne got her Birthday skipped for this:
throwing a bone.png

I've also bought Super Mario Bros Wonder and Super Mario Odyssey (I'm late with the latter).
Though I like to build up to playing them with playing the previous 3D entries first, it's been a while since I've been interested in a Mario game.
Interestingly, Mario is like the only franchise that I've played a lot as a kid, but since I started exploring other Nintendo titles, I havn't really been interested into going back to Mario, viewing them as just a kids game.
And, to be fair, Mario also wasn't really going interesting last decade. The last games I've played were 3D All Stars and some classics on NSO, Which was great, but it felt more like reminiscing about a past long ago.
But this year...wow, now I've been more excited for Mario games than ever.
You get Mario Wonder, one that switched up the Mario formula a lot and looks newer than the 'new' title games.
You get Super Mario RPG, which is probably one of the most Faithful Mario remakes Nintendo has every done. Which just feels completely unheard of nowadays!
And there's even more coming with Paper Mario: TTYD! That's probably one I'm going to be the most excited for! I've played it a long time ago but never finished it!
That excitement got me interest in buying Odyssey as well. Looking forward for playing that when the time comes.

I've also reached a 10 year anniversary of both Terraria and Game development this year! Wooooooo!!!

I've been wanting to make a compilation for both archievments I've done in the past...but I'll need to make time free for that, and that might get tricky with December now following up...ooops.
I'll try what I can manage, but no promises :D

(At this point this art thread's monthly updates has more content than on any other site if I were to move on...lol. Guess that means I'm up for another year here of monthly posts.)

And that's all I wanted to say, have a great Winter month and Christmas!

No ending doodle this time, so here's Alpha fulfilling that role instead by trying to draw my OC's or something:
1701377692612.png
1701377736595.png
1701377760461.png
1701378346374.png

Age of Empires 4 has gotten it's big DLC release, and I've been playing it a lot. lol
Since last week, I've been starting a sort of diët. to help recovering my health.
And surprisingly, it works better than I expected! I'm feeling much more fit again!
Not in a big drawing state yet, mostly due to recent games, but still much better than before!

A little drawing of the Cast of Xenoblade Chronicles 3, These are probably one of my favorite RPG casts for how much of an OC appearance they have:

View attachment 443481

A Shonen Ponytail protagonist who has a Sword as a Sword Sheath to have another Sword.
An agile Light Disc Catgirl that also plays a flute for the departed, but has only 3 months to live herself.
A Shark Boy (not actual shark) that uses his heavy sword as a shield...and a turret.
A Smol girl with superstrength, that uses a mega hammer. Feels uncertain to be in a group, so she copies others.
A girl with wings on her head that uses a sniper to heal, that has a cute appearance and a very sassy personality
And a boy that uses a bunch of flying illusion cards that can transform into birds.

View attachment 443482

View attachment 443485

The last character was actually a Chimera girl that went dubbed as the "Ultimate OC" during a Gartic Phone game from last year.
(Back from May 2022 already? wow...wait, this month has also already passed! AAAAAAA )

View attachment 443483

View attachment 443487
View attachment 443490

View attachment 443486

View attachment 443488

View attachment 443489

I've also bought Super Mario Bros Wonder and Super Mario Odyssey (I'm late with the latter).
Though I like to build up to playing them with playing the previous 3D entries first, it's been a while since I've been interested in a Mario game.
Interestingly, Mario is like the only franchise that I've played a lot as a kid, but since I started exploring other Nintendo titles, I havn't really been interested into going back to Mario, viewing them as just a kids game.
And, to be fair, Mario also wasn't really going interesting last decade. The last games I've played were 3D All Stars and some classics on NSO, Which was great, but it felt more like reminiscing about a past long ago.
You get Mario Wonder, one that switched up the Mario formula a lot and looks newer than the 'new' title games.
You get Super Mario RPG, which is probably one of the most Faithful Mario remakes Nintendo has every done. Which just feels completely unheard of nowadays!
And there's even more coming with Paper Mario: TTYD! That's probably one I'm going to be the most excited for! I've played it a long time ago but never finished it!
That excitement got me interest in buying Odyssey as well. Looking forward for playing that when the time comes.

I've also reached a 10 year anniversary of both Terraria and Game development this year! Wooooooo!!!

I've been wanting to make a compilation for both archievments I've done in the past...but I'll need to make time free for that, and that might get tricky with December now following up...ooops.

(At this point this art thread's monthly updates has more content than on any other site if I were to move on...lol. Guess that means I'm up for another year here of monthly posts.)

No ending doodle this time, so here's Alpha fulfilling that role instead by trying to draw my OC's or something:
View attachment 443515View attachment 443516View attachment 443517View attachment 443519
Looking fantastic as usual man! Keep it up!

View attachment 443481

View attachment 443482

View attachment 443485

View attachment 443483

View attachment 443487
View attachment 443490

View attachment 443486

View attachment 443488

View attachment 443489

View attachment 443515View attachment 443516View attachment 443517View attachment 443519
Nice art! I’ve been a huge fan of Xenoblade Chronicles and their character design! It’s of the best Nintendo games ever made.

Looking fantastic as usual man! Keep it up!
Thank you! I'll keep going strong! 🔥

Nice art! I’ve been a huge fan of Xenoblade Chronicles and their character design! It’s of the best Nintendo games ever made.
I can definitely agree, it feels almost surreal it's actually a Nintendo game.
I've been playing the entire trilogy and their DLC stories the past 2 years, and only just a month ago finished Future Redeemed. I can say it's probably my favorite series of all time now.

Now I'm kinda just...thinking what to do next. I've suddenly a lot of free time that it feels unusual :p
But yeah, Mario, AoE4 and the diët will keep me busy enough for now.

Just throwing my 2 cents here, feel free to ignore them;
The northwest side seems to be a very accessible weakpoint. The trees beyond the wall would be a good rendezvous point for a small invading force.
20231130_172001.png

They would be hidden by the trees, and almost invisible to the towers once at the wall, and the actual tower itself is such a distance from the wall, it too lacks a good vantage point to prevent this attack.
What this leads to is a very possible backdoor attack, by climbing that wall they've already arrived at the keep, and need only avoid the interior troops and Defenses.
20231130_172717.png

Immediately behind the keep would be an excellent place to hide. Perhaps to distribute few troops to open gates from the inside, and of course once the gates are opened, this allows entry for the main invading force.

Now I know this is for a game, and I know you probabky didn't want anybody to try and pick it apart like this. But I'm currently in the city building stages of my book and think it's fun to plan sieges on settlements I see. Hope you don't mind!

Thank you! I'll keep going strong! 🔥

I can definitely agree, it feels almost surreal it's actually a Nintendo game.
I've been playing the entire trilogy and their DLC stories the past 2 years, and only just a month ago finished Future Redeemed. I can say it's probably my favorite series of all time now.

Now I'm kinda just...thinking what to do next. I've suddenly a lot of free time that it feels unusual :p
But yeah, Mario, AoE4 and the diët will keep me busy enough for now.
Fire Emblem is another great Nintendo video game franchise and it’s my favorite one. The characters in the games are lively, well-written, and extremely charming. The turn based combat system in these games are pretty good too.

Just throwing my 2 cents here, feel free to ignore them;
The northwest side seems to be a very accessible weakpoint. The trees beyond the wall would be a good rendezvous point for a small invading force.
View attachment 443541
They would be hidden by the trees, and almost invisible to the towers once at the wall, and the actual tower itself is such a distance from the wall, it too lacks a good vantage point to prevent this attack.
What this leads to is a very possible backdoor attack, by climbing that wall they've already arrived at the keep, and need only avoid the interior troops and Defenses.
View attachment 443545
Immediately behind the keep would be an excellent place to hide. Perhaps to distribute few troops to open gates from the inside, and of course once the gates are opened, this allows entry for the main invading force.

Now I know this is for a game, and I know you probabky didn't want anybody to try and pick it apart like this. But I'm currently in the city building stages of my book and think it's fun to plan sieges on settlements I see. Hope you don't mind!
This is an interesting take, considering Age of Empires is about building an economy and defending a siege or sieging opponents, it's pretty on topic.

this is of course the logical stand point, but I like to reflect on how it'll work in game:

While an army can't climb the wall, they can however burn it down, along with the rest of the buildings. The tower does cover the front, but it won't stop ranged units.

Luckily, the houses for the Delhi civilisation acts as towers, so you can equally defend the backline using a house to shoot from.

The gates have an interesting mechanic that it only allows your units and allied units to pass through, though that won't stop the enemy from burning it down.

Still, honestly, the weakest part of this idea is that 2 barracks simply isn't enough to produce units from. So I'll probably should give it a second look :p

Fire Emblem is another great Nintendo video game franchise and it’s my favorite one. The characters in the games are lively, well-written, and extremely charming. The turn based combat system in these games are pretty good too.
Several of my OC's are actually inspired by Fire Emblem. Namely Steef (Eliwood/Roy) and Silvyne (Isadora). They're great games and values their characters a lot. Which makes the intended/hardcore playthroughs quite heartbreaking :p. I personally like the GBA and SNES series most :)

Back
Top Bottom