Drawings & Paintings ppower arts

Monthly Art Batch!

Well...since it's the last day of the year, and things will get busy soon, I'll keep it brief, kinda like last year :p
This year has been the year where I wanted to see a subject of change.
And did I change? Well, a bit hard to tell. But I've definitely experienced a lot.

I've tried new artstyles, and there are a few things that have sticked with my for all future drawings, like drawing in a larger resolution.
I got to work with a few new characters, and updated the style of some existing characters, as character design is very fun.
One thing I personally wished for is that I did more of the "bigger" drawings, I feel like I've done a bit little.

I also have been through a roadtrip America for the first time, released a game that has been in mind for years, and finally found a possible cure for my lasting stress symptons. (Even though now I feel kinda stressed to get things done before new year, aaaaaa)

Other than that, it still has been a year of Xenoblade Chronicles Series and Age of Empires 4, perhaps even moreso than last year.
Unfortunately I didn't had the time to make a game compilation of it again. Some definitely deserve it, as it has been a great year for gaming.
But my bro dragged me into Lethal Company and now it's been almost a daily thing, oh well. :p

Let's start with the Artworks then, shall we?
Best Wishes into the new year, hoping to find a stronger version of yourself!
Year review 2023.png

Secret Santa Gift for Criddle:
Fezola.png

New OC idea of an adventurous Bee Girl, totally not inspired by Bug Fables that I've also gotten hooked into:
1704051376815.png

Chibi Sapphire:
Sapphire Chiib.png

And the next issue of the Age of Empires 4 : Delhi Proxy Camp Project:
I've been playing the Delhi Sultanate last season, it's one of the least played and most gimmicky civs with interesting synergies, and I love them because of it :p
Delhi Proxy Camp Project v2.png

Gamedev:
It's been 10 years since I've become a programmer, and thus also a game developer.
And to celebrate, I've prepared a post with all of the past projects I've worked on, so you could recap the Journey I've been through.

It appears, I've also been on the Terraria forums for 10 years...That's a story for next time :p
I wanted to thank you all for your support. This year, and the years prior as well.

Since I left Twixtter last year, I was wondering if it was the right call. As much of a clusterfunk it is, it is one that still offers potentional for visibility.
However, I've now also found support through Discord, Reddit, Mastodon and these forums still. And with how long I've been here, then this place also holds something special. :)

Best Wishes and a happy new year!

8apbyy.jpg

Last edited:
Monthly Art Batch!

...(I'm tired, I'll just keep it short, lol)
Second month of diet going well, some issues are coming back though, but I think it's also partially stress related.
I think part of that stress is also due to Age of Empires...I should put that game on hold for now.

So...This year marks the 10th anniversary of me using this forums, whooo!
It's been a long journey since I've started here, one that I'll probably talk about another day...(maybe)
From an MS Paint artist to a drawing tablet, to developing games in various enviroments, to Beta Testing Terraria itelf, to a sort-off local influëncer. (Is that how it's called? idk)
Here's to hoping that my work may continue to inspire others. :)

I'll also return to the first avatar I've used on this forum for a while. To add a bit of nostalgia.
---Artworks---
Happy Birthday Nageru!
Nageru 9year.png

It should go without saying, but Nageru has been almost as old as my time on the forums, safe from 1 year :p
Even though her story/playthrough only lasted a year, she has kinda been my Mascot Ninja since then, and it's been a tradition to draw her on (or close) to her creation date.
And as result, she has been through quite the development and styles:
ninja bdays.png

And furthermore, an Art Request for @DragonMals, as a thanks for the appreciation:
Atlas.png

For a while back, I did a doodle series called "Good Night series". And I've ideas to revive them a little bit, to get a bit more consistent at drawing again.
This can lead to working out a bit more ideas, although more doodly, which is quite nice too.

Everything below is presented without context:
GN Ninja peach.png

GN 2024.png
Saphire.png
GN Girls of momodora.png
GN Tootless dancing.png
GN Momodora5.png
GN Momohype.png

Conflict of Turmoil.png

GN Alpha FR.png

---Gamedev---

Oh boy, gamedev, here we go again.
Earlier, I was looking back at possible ideas to make a platformer/metroidvania again, but my insterests has crossed a bit in 3 seperate ideas.
Engine paths.png

But in the meantime, I got distracted again by the idea to give Fallen Star another update, as giving that game a 2-player mode was still in mind.
Fallen Star was already at it's limit...but what if I removed a few details to make room for it?
And with success, Fallen Star Multiplayer is now pretty much a thing:
bossfight2.gif

It's not released yet, as all it needs is proper testing, and for that I guess I'll need to drag invite my brother to play. :p

And that's all for now, next month is going to be busy, so I'll try to keep distractions at a minimum for the time been.
until then, have a good Februari!

1706558801999.png

This year marks the 10th anniversary of me using this forums, whooo!
I did not know about this! Well, it must've been 10 years' worth of fun and wonderful art coming from you. Thanks for making my indie game character Atlas in your style! One of my favorite characters and I know that when I ever get time to work, and produce it, everyone will love him just as much as I do.

Happy Birthday Nageru!

Happy Birthday! Is this your first OC or something? Cause it's interesting to see all the changes that she went through over the years.

Surprisingly not the first OC (That title goes to Steef), but it is my first female OC.
Which, since her creation, greatly increased my interest to draw. :)

Steef. I love the fact that you've incoroperated his name as your username. You've done great on the initial design to her! Are all your characters based around Terraria?

Happy 10 years, Steef! Great art as always, and I’m excited to see your game dev updates! Keep it funky! Here’s to another 10 years! (Or whatever you want, haha. :D)

Steef. I love the fact that you've incoroperated his name as your username. You've done great on the initial design to her! Are all your characters based around Terraria?
The first few were (Like the first five characters in my signature), since Samantha, things have leaned more original designs, and some of the first characters were reïmagined with a more original design as well. The only one that nowadays really rocks the Terraria style is Silvyne, named and designed after Terraria's Silver Armor. :p

Happy 10 years, Steef! Great art as always, and I’m excited to see your game dev updates! Keep it funky! Here’s to another 10 years! (Or whatever you want, haha. :D)

And thank you, Sparksss!

Monthly Art Batch!

...what do you mean? We're already a week in March?
:eek:
I should get myself more consistent...
I'll keep it quick for now, as I mostly only had made doodles.

When I made the Lumberjack OC 3 years ago (what), I also had a scrapped idea of a lumberjack daughter.
You can see them a bit in the same vibe as Malon and Talon:
Jolanda.png

Me and my lazy :red: been so self aware, it was already present 1 month prior:
GN idle vill.png

I've been watching back 'My Life as a Teenage Robot', it's been a nostalgic, yet also inspiring trip, I recognise that my kind of style and humor has been loosely based on that.
GN Jenny.png

So I went doodling the first 10 episodes:
MLAATR Doodles.png

And some more random/robot doodles:
Doodle batch.png

Valentine...
GN valentine 24.png

Low Energy...
GN mood.png

I've also been replaying Super Mario 63 again. (Yes, Flash games are in a way available again thanks to Flash game emulators, what a time)

GN Sapphire 64.png

I've also been playing Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 and 3 again, they've been quite a rollercoaster. But they're also surprisingly in-depth too.
I've come to notice I'm a bit in a nostalgic vibe at the moment, and the feeling has been kinda strange.
I feel like nostalgia can only get you so far, before you get bored of it and move on to the better games of today.
but if it's an actual good game that gives a good experience, then sometimes these games surprisingly age well.
Still though, sticking to the same medium forever is not how the world works, but it is good to look back at it sometimes, and see where your journey of life began.

GN preserve the now.png

But, the more you look back at the past, the more it'll take away from the future, I think this is partially the reason why it looks like time goes by fast.

---Gamedev---

Been working a lot on the multiplayer mode of Fallen Star recently, and now the update has been out!
Fallen Star game.gif

On top of that, the game is now also downloadable for offline play :) (Windows currently).

Also this month, HertenHeld has been 3 years old since I've released it.This, at one side, sounds like a fast time already, but I also remember back that this was also before I've started experimenting with Pico-8, so in a way, there has been quite a progress made since then.
Since 3 years is also canonically how HertenHeld predates my current timeline, I also wanted to show Samantha in her current form, and her old form:

GN 3 year HertenHeld2.png
GN 3 year HertenHeld1.png

I've also started to notice a trend where I keep thinking I've done little each month,
but afterwards after I've put everything together, it has actually ended up in quite a productive month.
I think part of that is that every day, I want to do everything: Gamedev, drawing, gaming, making diagrams and lists, updating lore, ect. but then I get some kind of choice paralysis, and so I only get to do a few of these things, where it feels like I've done nothing at all...it's weird.

So maybe, I should take something from that, and focus on that mostly. And then see how that goes.
So for this month, gamedev Steef takes a rest, and Artist Steef may come back again! (...maybe)
...probably not today though, I'm tired. :p

Hope you all have a great Eastern times!

(Oh also, Go play Kid Icarus Uprising: Light vs Dark, you've only 1 month left)

GN dat time.png

I was literally thought about playing multiplayer Fallen star with you using Parsec, but I don't know if you really played with other people before. What a great log!

> the more you look back at the past, the more it'll take away from the future, I think this is partially the reason why it looks like time goes by fast.

Also don't say that.... I can't believe how true this is...

I was literally thought about playing multiplayer Fallen star with you using Parsec, but I don't know if you really played with other people before. What a great log!
I do play multiplayer sometimes, even done that a few times with people from TCF too. :)

But I'm not familiar with Parsec though (and at the moment it'll also be too late right now to try)

Seems like this month has mostly been jsut short doodles, which is completely fine. Have you've been on an art block? Just asking, lol. I noticed that after the changes that were made to the fourms that you haven't been active much on here (or it's just that I'm not checking often)?

Seems like this month has mostly been jsut short doodles, which is completely fine. Have you've been on an art block? Just asking, lol. I noticed that after the changes that were made to the fourms that you haven't been active much on here (or it's just that I'm not checking often)?
I'm fine :) Just focussed on one thing mostly and that needed a little more time (or maybe that caused the art block? who knows)
The forums were a bit in a vocal state last month, and I felt affected by the forum community more than the changes made to the forums. So I took a short break to reconsider.

Also, I've been playing Super Mario Odyssey since last month, so that's where most of the time went.

Back
Top Bottom