tModLoader Prefixes for Enemies

In the case of Omega, these were MODDED bosses which means they were not on the blacklist that hiccup made for Vanilla mobs.

Only thought that since someone mentioned they got a Moon Lord with leeching as It's ability. (I take It you can't remove certain bosses from the list, seeing how you guys are unable to edit It)

Only thought that since someone mentioned they got a Moon Lord with leeching as It's ability. (I take It you can't remove certain bosses from the list, seeing how you guys are unable to edit It)
Oh yeah I completly forgot about the Moon Lord.
That must be because of the fact he is made the same way the Martian Saucer is made : Different parts, with the Saucer's weapons getting prefixes (Hiccup since fixed that).
But I don't know a word in coding so maybe the problem is totally elsewhere.
On a side note, the Lord doesn't show anything on the "number of enemies" information. Maybe that's a bug.

My experience with this mod: Clearing out an area for a fight with queen bee. A bee from a wall has forceful prefix. Hits me while I was swinging my pickaxe. Shot me straight into the larva, larva broke. I died. The end.

My experience with this mod: Clearing out an area for a fight with queen bee. A bee from a wall has forceful prefix. Hits me while I was swinging my pickaxe. Shot me straight into the larva, larva broke. I died. The end.
This is why I encase the larva until "I am ready to fight. My experience is having a Martyr bee die right above the barrier I made of dirt, and destroying it through the wall.

Were the dueling swords designed for pvp? Cause I cant see how the parry would really work on PVE with such long cd and the fact that you can only hold it down for like half a second or less.

Were the dueling swords designed for pvp? Cause I cant see how the parry would really work on PVE with such long cd and the fact that you can only hold it down for like half a second or less.
I don't think you know what you are talking about.
Indeed the parry Cooldown is high and the Holding time is short, but these weapons need you to take a risk to get a reward : You can (almost) kill any early game enemy with the first dueling sword's parry effect which is ridiculous, considering you don't even take any damage.
Since I don't know how strong the other dueling swords are, I'm not going to make any comments on them but I think 5-6 sec cd time between each parry is good because, set a shorter time and it becomes completely broken.

@Chocosta If it's for PVE mainly I think that it would be better if you could hold down the guard for longer. Really earlygame works better cause you usually don't get mobbed and the enemies just walk straight to you (like you were 1v1 vs a monster kinda pvpish).

You are not forced to use only a dueling sword to fight swarms of enemies (although they're considered to be spears by the game)
I understand you don't like the shortness of the Parrying windows but, as I said earlier : High risk, high reward.
My opinion on this last point is that this mechanic is fine, but, who knows, maybe there'll be a dueling sword that will have a longer parry window.

Would you consider making a small separate file to bring back the rupee sound for collecting coins? I actually liked that.

Hey not sure if your aware yet but the crystillium mod isnt compatible with this. You have to choose between a biome or prefixes... Could you please try to fix it with the creator of crystillium mod? Love both mods and hate to sacrifice one :(

Hey not sure if your aware yet but the crystillium mod isnt compatible with this. You have to choose between a biome or prefixes... Could you please try to fix it with the creator of crystillium mod? Love both mods and hate to sacrifice one :(
Easy. You keep the prefixes, therefore you keep the possibility for awesome and unique items. But the biome (and everything related to its mod) is gone. At least until it's compatible.

Hiccup and Graydee both know this problem and will fix it. Graydee confirmed it on his mod's thread.

Hey @Hiccup251, there was a request not too long ago, which asked for a name display of every (visible) NPC on screen.
This would make it able for the player to quickly identify the different NPCs on screen, without the need of having to hover over them.
I've created a little plugin that does this right now, but it's not really a 'standalone'(ish) worthy mod, which is why I'm posting here, since this will probably be a mod that would make the most sense implementing a feature like this.

Anyway, you could probably figure out yourself how to do this, but if you don't want to (or don't want to put any time into making it) I'll gladly sent my codes over.
IF you agree with me (and possibly some other peeps) that this would be a nice feature to go along with a mod like this.

<<< EDIT >>>
Totally forgot: Nice mod! :)

@Hiccup251 Is there any way in your code to prevent my Devourer of Gods/Desert Scourge Body and Tail from being effected by your prefixes as it can make them nearly unkillable if you get bad luck? If you can then here are the IDs:
  1. DesertScourgeBody
  2. DesertScourgeTail
  3. DevourerofGodsBody
  4. DevourerofGodsTail
  5. Mod name is CalamityMod
If not then that's okay, most people like the challenge of it anyway :D

I would love to be able to see if there is a mirrored enemy between the like 100 other enemies during a tower on screen.
Those dudes killed my ranger way too often. Hovering over every Starcell without getting hit is impossible. Let alone the Vortex mobs. Disabled the mod because of this.

I feel like I'm doing advertising but to those who want to see the prefix without hovering over the enemy, I suggest that you check the mod browser, a small mod recently appeared and may help you deal with the problem, although I don't remember the exact name... I think it had "NPC" in it.

Back
Top Bottom