tModLoader Prefixes for Enemies

Hey @Hiccup251, there was a request not too long ago, which asked for a name display of every (visible) NPC on screen.
This would make it able for the player to quickly identify the different NPCs on screen, without the need of having to hover over them.
I've created a little plugin that does this right now, but it's not really a 'standalone'(ish) worthy mod, which is why I'm posting here, since this will probably be a mod that would make the most sense implementing a feature like this.

Anyway, you could probably figure out yourself how to do this, but if you don't want to (or don't want to put any time into making it) I'll gladly sent my codes over.
IF you agree with me (and possibly some other peeps) that this would be a nice feature to go along with a mod like this.

<<< EDIT >>>
Totally forgot: Nice mod! :)
I think it's a good idea, but I also feel like not everyone would want it. As such, it's probably best as an optional addon (or just a separate mod that happens to go well with this one). Publish it and I'll put a link to it in the OP.

@Hiccup251 Is there any way in your code to prevent my Devourer of Gods/Desert Scourge Body and Tail from being effected by your prefixes as it can make them nearly unkillable if you get bad luck? If you can then here are the IDs:
  1. DesertScourgeBody
  2. DesertScourgeTail
  3. DevourerofGodsBody
  4. DevourerofGodsTail
  5. Mod name is CalamityMod
If not then that's okay, most people like the challenge of it anyway :D
I'll make a note of it. Should be able to exclude by name.

I would love to be able to see if there is a mirrored enemy between the like 100 other enemies during a tower on screen.
Those dudes killed my ranger way too often. Hovering over every Starcell without getting hit is impossible. Let alone the Vortex mobs. Disabled the mod because of this.
Mirrored enemies do give off shiny silver particles for purposes of identification. The number of particles increases significantly when it's actually reflecting things.

What is de 10x value from the suffixes mobs? Like 10x coins? The suffixes mobs I think should drop a token and a choice token or 2 tokens or something they are really hard to deal with.

I think it's a good idea, but I also feel like not everyone would want it. As such, it's probably best as an optional addon (or just a separate mod that happens to go well with this one). Publish it and I'll put a link to it in the OP.

I'll make a note of it. Should be able to exclude by name.

Mirrored enemies do give off shiny silver particles for purposes of identification. The number of particles increases significantly when it's actually reflecting things.
Allright, I understand!
The mod doesn't have an official forum page, but it's on the Mod Browser. The mod is called 'NPC Name Show'.

Oh, ok thanks. Allready fired Chloro bullets don`t care if the mobs come on screen though -_- Are they able to reflect rockets? I Know rockets are projectiles too but they explode on impact, thats why i`m asking.

Oh, ok thanks. Allready fired Chloro bullets don`t care if the mobs come on screen though -_- Are they able to reflect rockets? I Know rockets are projectiles too but they explode on impact, thats why i`m asking.
If Hiccup kept the same code than for the rolling Solarians, then they shouldn't be reflected
But who knows ? Maybe he did something completly different.

If Hiccup kept the same code than for the rolling Solarians, then they shouldn't be reflected
But who knows ? Maybe he did something completly different.
Was asking because of those mobs. Selenians they are. I don`t like rockets though:p Arrows and bullets :passionate:
The mod is called 'NPC Name Show'
I installed it and it saved me 2 times so far. Nice litle addition:passionate:

Last edited:
Any chance of making the Death Knell sound louder? I love it, but I can barely hear it.

Also can the rings crit? Specifically Death Knell.

Last edited:
i feel like this mod shouldn't be in the Works-in-Progress section anymore.
EDIT: just saw the "turrets" section in the mod content doc. If this mod were to have turrets it will be my favourite mod.
2ndEDIT: oh wait, turrets as in frost hydra? also maybe add a team fortress 2 reference with a level 1 sentry as a turret that you can upgrade similar to the gunblade (level 1 would a adamantite repeater firerate [with bullets]. level 2 would have chain gun firerate. level three would be level 2 but would shoot rockets.)

Last edited:
Allright, I understand!
The mod doesn't have an official forum page, but it's on the Mod Browser. The mod is called 'NPC Name Show'.
If you provide a direct download link, I can put it in the OP even if there is no homepage.
Any chance of making the Death Knell sound louder? I love it, but I can barely hear it.

Also can the rings crit? Specifically Death Knell.
Thanks for the feedback. Death Knell can't crit, but most rings can.
Is the ice shard bug fixed in multiplayer? Its still always shooting to the left for me :C
It is not. I haven't put out an update in a while now.
i feel like this mod shouldn't be in the Works-in-Progress section anymore.
EDIT: just saw the "turrets" section in the mod content doc. If this mod were to have turrets it will be my favourite mod.
2ndEDIT: oh wait, turrets as in frost hydra? also maybe add a team fortress 2 reference with a level 1 sentry as a turret that you can upgrade similar to the gunblade (level 1 would a adamantite repeater firerate [with bullets]. level 2 would have chain gun firerate. level three would be level 2 but would shoot rockets.)
Yeah, I could probably move it over any time. Maybe after the next patch. The turrets I was working on were a little like Frost Hydra, but not much - anyway, they're on hold for now.

Reactions: Edu
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but is this a bug for this mod or a tmodloader bug?
wut.jpg

EDIT:The cultists in my world don't even have those prefixes.

I think maybe make it so that bosses can not get the Suffixes, as that would make them deal too much damage, or make them way too hard to kill, like an Eye of Cthulhu the Immortal, or Moon Lord core the Lightning God, or so on. Love the mod, guys, keep up the good work

I think maybe make it so that bosses can not get the Suffixes, as that would make them deal too much damage, or make them way too hard to kill, like an Eye of Cthulhu the Immortal, or Moon Lord core the Lightning God, or so on. Love the mod, guys, keep up the good work
I don't think they can actually get suffixes, except for maybe modded bosses, because the mod might not recognise them as being something that is unable to get a suffix.

I don't think they can actually get suffixes, except for maybe modded bosses, because the mod might not recognise them as being something that is unable to get a suffix.[/QUOTE
Not sure if it is different for Eater of Worlds, but I got a Colossal Eater of World head the Reaper once

Not sure if it is different for Eater of Worlds, but I got a Colossal Eater of Worlds the Reaper once
I'm not sure why his head isn't excluded from the list but if I had to guess, I would say because EoW is a Worm-type enemy, and all worm-type enemies can only roll a modifier on their head.
Maybe Hiccup made a blacklist for a certain AI (Worm Type) and this blacklist overrides the boss blacklist for some reason.
But I know very little to coding and modding so I may be completly wrong

I'm not sure why his head isn't excluded from the list but if I had to guess, I would say because EoW is a Worm-type enemy, and all worm-type enemies can only roll a modifier on their head.
Maybe Hiccup made a blacklist for a certain AI (Worm Type) and this blacklist overrides the boss blacklist for some reason.
But I know very little to coding and modding so I may be completly wrong

Thanks. It's good to know I won't encounter a Moon Lord core the Immortal. Would Modded bosses also be on that blacklist? because I also have Thorium and Tremor, which add bosses.

Sometimes when I try using the Light Spear ring, all 8 spears vanish instantly in a puff of particles, but other times it works fine. No idea why.

Back
Top Bottom