tModLoader Prefixes for Enemies

I made a post about this in general discussion, but I figured I'd post here as well for additional exposure. For context, I will be updating the mod within the next few weeks to add a considerable amount of custom content to be looted from rare enemies. Here's the copy paste:
As I approach the release of the loot update for my prefixes mod, I realize that this could have gone much quicker with even one or two more people working with me. Currently, I am doing all the coding and @PhoenixBlade is doing all the spriting. And so, I am looking for at least one more sprite artist and potentially a coder to work with me in creating content.

If you are interested in doing sprite work, please post here with some of your past work.

If you are interested in writing code, please send me a PM. I will probably have some kind of coding task to be completed before you will be considered part of the team.

With more spriters, I can add more content that has a high ratio of sprite work to code work, like armor sets, and more easily add variety to weapons and items that would use the same code base with only minor changes.

With another coder, I can spend more time on content that's especially difficult to code, like custom minions.

Both of these would speed up release for the initial update and further content updates.

I have some ideas for prefixes.

sticky: spawns cobwebs around the player when onscreen.
reveangeant: hurts the player when damaged.(when you damage it, not vice versa, that wouldn't change anything)
quick: increased speed.
teleporting: can teleport to the player(similarly to chaos elementals)
wheelbarrow: spawns blazing wheels
fungus: spawns floating mushrooms(similarly to giant fungi bulbs)
rich: drops more gold
poor: drops less gold
distorted: gives the distorted gravity effect(similarly to the vortex pillar)
lucky: has a small chance to one-hit kill the player
spectral: floats through walls like a wraith
diabolical: shoots explosives like the diabolist
immune: immune to all debuffs
godly(phenomenally rare): has all abilities
corrupted: corrupts blocks it touches(only ones it or it's projectiles come in contact with)
pure: purifies blocks it touches(only ones it or it's projectiles come in contact with)
hallowed: hallows blocks it touches(only ones it or it's projectiles come in contact with)
bloodied: crimsons blocks it touches(only ones it or it's projectiles come in contact with)
bloodletter: inflicts bleeding

suffixes

the shapeshifter: changes into different enemies periodically
the thief: has a chance to make the player drop their currently held item when attacked/attacking
the invincible: has absurd defense and only takes 1 damage from the player
the horcrux: has all defense/damage bonuses and special abilities granted to you by armor, accessories, and potions

I have some ideas for prefixes.

sticky: spawns cobwebs around the player when onscreen.
reveangeant: hurts the player when damaged.(when you damage it, not vice versa, that wouldn't change anything)
quick: increased speed.
teleporting: can teleport to the player(similarly to chaos elementals)
wheelbarrow: spawns blazing wheels
fungus: spawns floating mushrooms(similarly to giant fungi bulbs)
rich: drops more gold
poor: drops less gold
distorted: gives the distorted gravity effect(similarly to the vortex pillar)
lucky: has a small chance to one-hit kill the player
spectral: floats through walls like a wraith
diabolical: shoots explosives like the diabolist
immune: immune to all debuffs
godly(phenomenally rare): has all abilities
corrupted: corrupts blocks it touches(only ones it or it's projectiles come in contact with)
pure: purifies blocks it touches(only ones it or it's projectiles come in contact with)
hallowed: hallows blocks it touches(only ones it or it's projectiles come in contact with)
bloodied: crimsons blocks it touches(only ones it or it's projectiles come in contact with)
bloodletter: inflicts bleeding

suffixes

the shapeshifter: changes into different enemies periodically
the thief: has a chance to make the player drop their currently held item when attacked/attacking
the invincible: has absurd defense and only takes 1 damage from the player
the horcrux: has all defense/damage bonuses and special abilities granted to you by armor, accessories, and potions
poor hiccup already posting a "cry for help", and all he gets is another suggestion post for prefixes.

I made a post about this in general discussion, but I figured I'd post here as well for additional exposure. For context, I will be updating the mod within the next few weeks to add a considerable amount of custom content to be looted from rare enemies. Here's the copy paste:

With more spriters, I can add more content that has a high ratio of sprite work to code work, like armor sets, and more easily add variety to weapons and items that would use the same code base with only minor changes.

With another coder, I can spend more time on content that's especially difficult to code, like custom minions.

Both of these would speed up release for the initial update and further content updates.
Too bad that :
1 : I suck at both coding and spriting ;
2 : I don't have my computer to correct 1.
(3 : You cannot rely on me on long term which is a problem I really would like to solve).

Otherwise I would really have appreciated helping you but.. Yeah, if I ever learn spriting or coding, I'll try to help.

Here's my ideas for prefixes and suffixes...

Ashen: Returns from death once.
Barbaric: 1.5x damage.
Barbed: Counters with 25% of all melee damage done to it.
Brutal: 2x damage.
Chaotic: Randomly debuffs you, but debuffs lasts 5 mins.
Extra-heavy: 1/4 speed, 4x damage
Fickle: Deals 50% normal damage
Flaming: Inflicts On Fire and an additional 15 damage.
Fragile: Takes 3x normal damage.
Frozen: Inflicts Chilled debuff.
Heavy: 1/2 speed, 2x damage.
Murderous: +50% crit rate.
Poisonous: Inflicts poison.
Swift: 3x speed.
Ultra-heavy: 1/8 speed, 6x damage.

Suffixes:

Of Corruption: Killing the mob makes it spray Corruption/Crimson in a 5 tile range
Of Damnation: Killing it makes it explode in lava (like when a lava slime is killed in expert)
Of Defense: +150% Defense
Of Devastation: Deals 8x damage.
Of Fumbling: Deals 0 damage.
Of Hunting: All hits are critical.
Of Mayhem: Hits up to three times for the price of one (may inflict same damage up to two more times, 25% per time)
Of Might: Deals 2x damage.
Of Penetration: All hits are critical and it inflicts Broken Armor.
Of Power: Deals 5x damage.
of Slaughtering: Deals 3x damage.
Of The Void: Deals 300 damage but cannot hit more than once in 3 seconds.

Was told about this mod in a reddit thread, so... time to pick it up. I don't know any coders or programmers off the top of my head so I can't offer help.

Here's my ideas for prefixes and suffixes...

Ashen: Returns from death once.
Barbaric: 1.5x damage.
Barbed: Counters with 25% of all melee damage done to it.
Brutal: 2x damage.
Chaotic: Randomly debuffs you, but debuffs lasts 5 mins.
Extra-heavy: 1/4 speed, 4x damage
Fickle: Deals 50% normal damage
Flaming: Inflicts On Fire and an additional 15 damage.
Fragile: Takes 3x normal damage.
Frozen: Inflicts Chilled debuff.
Heavy: 1/2 speed, 2x damage.
Murderous: +50% crit rate.
Poisonous: Inflicts poison.
Swift: 3x speed.
Ultra-heavy: 1/8 speed, 6x damage.

Suffixes:

Of Corruption: Killing the mob makes it spray Corruption/Crimson in a 5 tile range
Of Damnation: Killing it makes it explode in lava (like when a lava slime is killed in expert)
Of Defense: +150% Defense
Of Devastation: Deals 8x damage.
Of Fumbling: Deals 0 damage.
Of Hunting: All hits are critical.
Of Mayhem: Hits up to three times for the price of one (may inflict same damage up to two more times, 25% per time)
Of Might: Deals 2x damage.
Of Penetration: All hits are critical and it inflicts Broken Armor.
Of Power: Deals 5x damage.
of Slaughtering: Deals 3x damage.
Of The Void: Deals 300 damage but cannot hit more than once in 3 seconds.

Was told about this mod in a reddit thread, so... time to pick it up. I don't know any coders or programmers off the top of my head so I can't offer help.
Poor hiccup already posting a "cry for help", and all he gets is another suggestion post for prefixes.

If we -could- help, I'm sure we -would-.
yup thats a good thing, but adding even more ideas onto his head while he still might have some stuff to attend to (if he didnt have any then he wouldnt ask for additional spriters/coders) isnt such a nice thing though :/
btw i kind of dislike your suffixes... especially the corruption one... this would ruin my (yet to fulfill even once) world goal

I copied the lists from another game's wiki and rewrote them, just throwing crap at the wall (of flesh) to see what sticks.

poor hiccup already posting a "cry for help", and all he gets is another suggestion post for prefixes.

"Cry for help" is pushing it a little :p
I'm really not in a stressful position here, just excited to get all this content delivered to you guys, but lacking the free time to do so quickly. I've slowed down with prefixes mostly because I'm pretty happy with the variety available, not because I'm incredibly busy, and my time spent coding has been on the loot update. Progress is definitely being made, just not as fast as I'd like.

"Cry for help" is pushing it a little :p
I'm really not in a stressful position here, just excited to get all this content delivered to you guys, but lacking the free time to do so quickly. I've slowed down with prefixes mostly because I'm pretty happy with the variety available, not because I'm incredibly busy, and my time spent coding has been on the loot update. Progress is definitely being made, just not as fast as I'd like.
And I'm not the best spriter around :p

*starts game with a hardcore character*, *first slime is launching*, *accidently touches it*, * gets launched into the air and dies*. gg, but still this mod is great! :D

Is it possible for you to make some very difficult prefixes like one with lasers etc appear later in the game? Those projectile prefixes are super annoying instead of fun tbh.. especialy in expert in the beggining. When you meet one of those, you will die, and there is nothing you can do about it.

Is it possible for you to make some very difficult prefixes like one with lasers etc appear later in the game? Those projectile prefixes are super annoying instead of fun tbh.. especialy in expert in the beggining. When you meet one of those, you will die, and there is nothing you can do about it.
the only really annoying projectiles are the ones which go through walls... other than that theyre okay.

one of the features i'd like would be symbols or markings for the prefixes/suffixes so you can identify monsters on the spot and dont have to look at their names first (which costs more time than you would think it does)... excluded from this feature could be the special prefixes like the easter eggs.

the only really annoying projectiles are the ones which go through walls... other than that theyre okay.

Well.. Try to survive hellwing, or laser shot having 100 hp. Good luck., that's the problem. You get hit or three times and you are dead, and those are very difficult to dodge. Not to mention the huge fireball thing.

Well.. Try to survive hellwing, or laser shot having 100 hp. Good luck., that's the problem. You get hit or three times and you are dead, and those are very difficult to dodge. Not to mention the huge fireball thing.
im playing with rockos arpg and slightly modded enemies prefixes.. i added my own which multiplies all stats by 3 and doubles the probability... the lasers and hellwings sometimes deal over 5k damage to me... i think i know what im talking about xD

Edit: Rune mage and Dune mage are my dislikes amongst the projectiles

im playing with rockos arpg and slightly modded enemies prefixes.. i added my own which multiplies all stats by 3 and doubles the probability... the lasers and hellwings sometimes deal over 5k damage to me... i think i know what im talking about xD

Edit: Rune mage and Dune mage are my dislikes amongst the projectiles

You play with mod that changes the mechanic a bit. I play on expert mode, and a stupid slime is sending at me homing hellwings. Not to mention first night i had zombie with said rune mage that one shot me. That is riddiculus, annoying. There are to ways of making game hard. Fun hard to feel a challenge, and annoying hard. This is unfortunayly annoying hard, because i constantly die because of those prefixes. Those happen too common, you cannot really dodge them, unless you are very far away, or fast. The beggining is nightmare.

You play with mod that changes the mechanic a bit. I play on expert mode, and a stupid slime is sending at me homing hellwings. Not to mention first night i had zombie with said rune mage that one shot me. That is riddiculus, annoying. There are to ways of making game hard. Fun hard to feel a challenge, and annoying hard. This is unfortunayly annoying hard, because i constantly die because of those prefixes. Those happen too common, you cannot really dodge them, unless you are very far away, or fast. The beggining is nightmare.
im playing with a mod that changes the mechanic a bit yes, and to compensate i made those "annoying hard" projectile prefixes appear way more often and increased the damage dealt by them by 3 times the amount... did you think i didnt die just because im using rockos arpg? i actually died even faster at some point

hiccup gave his okay, if you can understand the code then you can tweak the probabilities or even disable prefixes/suffixes to your liking. he also separated the prefix categories in blocks so you can easily find the prefix categories you dont want.

if you feel like these prefixes are too much for you then you are free to either change them or stop using the mod until there are options to tweak them without changing the code itself.

this had to be said and im sorry if you feel overly offended

Back
Top Bottom