Resolved [PS4] Duke not dropping bags

Ahrimanah

Terrarian
I killed Duke Fishron 3 times last night in a single player, hardmode, expert game and he did not drop a treasure bag on any of them. I have gotten treasure bags from all other bosses that I've tried so far. I stayed in the ocean area where I fished him so he was not enraged. I use an arena so he was likely killed by traps or pets each time. Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a way to fix this?

I killed Duke Fishron 3 times last night in a single player, hardmode, expert game and he did not drop a treasure bag on any of them. I have gotten treasure bags from all other bosses that I've tried so far. I stayed in the ocean area where I fished him so he was not enraged. I use an arena so he was likely killed by traps or pets each time. Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a way to fix this?
Try killing him in a way that your character contributes to dealing damage. Use a weapon that you can hit him with wherever you normally stand in your arena. A gun with Chlorophyte bullets is probably easiest.

I’m betting if your character contributes enough damage the bag may drop. If it doesn’t, maybe try it without the traps.

Try killing him in a way that your character contributes to dealing damage. Use a weapon that you can hit him with wherever you normally stand in your arena. A gun with Chlorophyte bullets is probably easiest.

I’m betting if your character contributes enough damage the bag may drop. If it doesn’t, maybe try it without the traps.

Thank you for your advice. I tried that and did get a bag finally. I was under the impression that since trap damage is determined by player stats that it counted as player damage. I may need to re-think some of my builds.

Thank you for your advice. I tried that and did get a bag finally. I was under the impression that since trap damage is determined by player stats that it counted as player damage. I may need to re-think some of my builds.
Glad you got a bag finally. We’re you able to use your traps and add in a little damage yourself? Or did you have to do away with the traps all together?

Glad you got a bag finally. We’re you able to use your traps and add in a little damage yourself? Or did you have to do away with the traps all together?

I desperately wanted my flying mount so I went cold turkey and did all summons and razor pine. Now that I have what I want I will experiment a bit because I don't want to eliminate traps completely for farming.

Honestly I'm surprised the traps didn't do it because my WoF farm is pure trap damage and I get a bag every time.

I desperately wanted my flying mount so I went cold turkey and did all summons and razor pine. Now that I have what I want I will experiment a bit because I don't want to eliminate traps completely for farming.

Honestly I'm surprised the traps didn't do it because my WoF farm is pure trap damage and I get a bag every time.
Interesting. If one is giving up the bag and one isn’t using all traps I’d recommend sending in that info to Pipeworks (the console developers) directly here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html It may be something that needs looked at.

They read everything they get through that form, but they probably won’t reply.

Interesting. If one is giving up the bag and one isn’t using all traps I’d recommend sending in that info to Pipeworks (the console developers) directly here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html It may be something that needs looked at.

They read everything they get through that form, but they probably won’t reply.

Ok I will send it in. I needed to drop them a note anyway about a visual bug involving large bodies of liquid being held up by bubble blocks, so now I have no excuse to keep putting it off.

Back
Top Bottom