Wavebank RainAmbience (ripped from the game) sounds glitchy

Wammyve

The Destroyer
Alright, so I did a test on both the Vanilla wavebank and my wavebank, and Track 28 (RainAmbience) sounds perfectly fine on the vanilla wavebank, but when I used the exact same one the game uses in MY wavebank, it sounds glitchy/static when it thunders on your right ear (5s into the track). However, the 2nd thunder which happens on your left ear (32s into the track) sounds fine on both vanilla and my wavebank.
Does anyone know why this may happen? The only tracks I changed were Night, Underground, and Alt Underground (and they seem to sound perfectly fine).
I used TExtract to get all the vanilla tracks as I only wanted to change 3 tracks for mine. When I listen to RainAmbience in Audacity, it sounds PERFECTLY FINE whenever it thunders.
I exported everything in 44100Hz 16-bit PCM btw

I have 2 clips of how it sounds in-game. One is using my wavebank, the other is using the vanilla one. I won't share them unless people don't know what I'm talking about.

I highlighted the part where it sounds weird when Terraria plays it using my custom wave bank in the picture below. (Ik it says 32-bit float, but I exported it as 16-bit)
Annotation 2020-04-21 223555.png

Have you tried listening to it after you exported it from Audacity but not listen to it in Terraria or Audacity? Maybe something with Audacity's exporting is causing some funky compression to cause some weird behavior.

Have you tried listening to it after you exported it from Audacity but not listen to it in Terraria or Audacity? Maybe something with Audacity's exporting is causing some funky compression to cause some weird behavior.
Just listened to the wave file in the folder where I have it exported from Audacity, sounds completely fine. (I never made any adjustments when I first used TExtract to get the ost from the game. Only now am I using Audacity to listen and test for an audio error) I'm assuming it's something with the XNA compression or something. I might try and extract my Custom Wave bank file back into .wavs and listen to track 28 to see if it sounds weird.

I guess, but that wouldn't explain why everything else seems to sound fine (tho I didn't listen to every track played from my custom bank through the game). I should probably extract my custom bank back into wavs using TExtract and play them. (Got some trash school work going on tho)

Yep you were right. I uppered my compression preset's quality from default (60) to 100 (max) and it sounds exactly how it should :)
(Tho now the Wave Bank file went from 22k KB to 99k KB)
Yeah, low quality settings are gonna make it sound glitchy and odd. It does suck it made it a much larger file but, that's sort of the price to pay for better sound.

Back
Top Bottom